ADVERTISEMENT

From a UK fan

I think it's amusing that IU can't debate actual basketball without incest and intelligence jokes. I've lived in Indiana for nearly 40 years. Don't act like a whole lot changes just by crossing a river, because we know that's not true.

Also, the two fanbases will never agree on it, but what is wrong with neutral site games? We offered you neutral site because 1) your fans after Watford, and 2) Cal wants neutral site games to prepare young squads for tournament style games. We could have these games right now.

Finally, keep celebrating a meaningless Watford win. I seem to remember UK hanging a banner that year, after knocking IU out of that tournament.

I'm actually with all of you IU fans. I don't think we should resume the series either. Besides, it frees up room in our schedule for better competition like Ohio State, Utah, EKU, or Fairleigh Dickinson. ;)
I felt our Assembly Hall needed a thorough cleaning when the few UK fans left.

I would rather keep our rotation of playing Duke or UNC along with top programs from other conferences instead of giving into Calipari's efforts to have our state help him get a big revenue boost by sharing gate receipts. The games belong on our campuses. Oops, I guess Racist Rupp arena isn't really on campus is it?

I felt our Assembly Hall needed a thorough cleaning when the few UK fans left.

I would rather keep our rotation of playing Duke or UNC along with top programs from other conferences instead of giving into Calipari's efforts to have our state help him get a big revenue boost by sharing gate receipts. The games belong on our campuses. Oops, I guess Racist Rupp arena isn't really on campus is it?
Probably wouldn't have needed near as much cleanup if some of the neanderthal fans wouldn't have been throwing things as our players while (since you brought up racist) screaming racist obscenities and threats at them.

EDIT: Regarding your schedule, I will give you props. It is nice. However, if you really think replacing us with Arkansas is an improvement then you are beyond reason and not worth trying to convince otherwise.

I really don't understand the big fuss about the home and home, neutral site game debate. I mean come on. IU hasn't been relevant even when trying to funnel all of that adidas money at recruits.

The real issue is the fear of the Indiana state government and the IU governing body. They fully understand that home and home is the only way to bring national attention to this place. You guys haven't been relevant since Knight threw chairs.
It is a difference of culture. We prefer to have players, when possible, from Indiana that want to represent their state and community. We prefer college games to be played in front of and for the students and where the alumni used to enjoy watching games as students.

It might be different if we lived in a state that had to import all their players, the stadium was off campus or where rules were openly broken for years in front of the fans in Lexington. It would make it easier to accept a coach that had burned his two previous schools with NCAA violations. The common theme I heard while living in Kentucky was that everyone cheats. Calipari is in the perfect place.

Calipari doesn't give a crap about the fans. He wants to generate as much cash as possible and use every advantage. I don't find him to be honest or good for college basketball. I don't want to help someone like that.

OPC-Pest-Services-Roaches-Coming-Through-Cracks.jpg

Somebody needs to call the exterminator and get rid of feepaw's army.

It is a difference of culture. We prefer to have players, when possible, from Indiana that want to represent their state and community. We prefer college games to be played in front of and for the students and where the alumni used to enjoy watching games as students.

It might be different if we lived in a state that had to import all their players, the stadium was off campus or where rules were openly broken for years in front of the fans in Lexington. It would make it easier to accept a coach that had burned his two previous schools with NCAA violations. The common theme I heard while living in Kentucky was that everyone cheats. Calipari is in the perfect place.

Calipari doesn't give a crap about the fans. He wants to generate as much cash as possible and use every advantage. I don't find him to be honest or good for college basketball. I don't want to help someone like that.

Just out of curiosity, what rules has Cal broken in Lexington? And for that matter, what rules did he personally break at UMass and Memphis? There's been no mention of Cal through this entire FBI shoe company investigation (and what coach would have been most looked into?). Also, do you actually even know what happened at UMass and Memphis?

Probably wouldn't have needed near as much cleanup if some of the neanderthal fans wouldn't have been throwing things as our players while (since you brought up racist) screaming racist obscenities and threats at them.

EDIT: Regarding your schedule, I will give you props. It is nice. However, if you really think replacing us with Arkansas is an improvement then you are beyond reason and not worth trying to convince otherwise.
I'll need proof, otherwise you are just spreading more lies. We have been asking for years for proof of lies UK fans have been spewing. Your sad stripper story was false. It is incredibly stupid to believe there were any racist comments considering we have African American players on the same court. IU fans would never allow racist comments.

Arkansas has a better class of fans. I welcome them to SSAH this year.

I'll need proof, otherwise you are just spreading more lies. We have been asking for years for proof of lies UK fans have been spewing. Your sad stripper story was false. It is incredibly stupid to believe there were any racist comments considering we have African American players on the same court. IU fans would never allow racist comments.

Arkansas has a better class of fans. I welcome them to SSAH this year.
I was there at the game and witnessed the actions and comments myself. Unfortunately you are correct. I have no proof other than my word which, since you don't know me from Adam, means nothing. As far as Arkansas fans being of a higher class, I must assume that you have limited experience with them. Many of them can be quite nasty especially at their place.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

Does the name Kelvin Sampson ring a bell?? Or does that just swept under the rug. IU has been just as dirty if not more so than other programs.

As for preferring to recruit instate kids, we do get our fair share of kids from time to time. But like the other major programs, the UK name is a nationwide brand that recruits nationally. We are not limited to the in state talent pool but get the best from all over.

Just take the Indiana and Kentucky schools and rank them on recent relevance and success. UK would be 1 with Purdue 2. IU would be somewhere behind Murray State and WKU fighting IUPUI for the 7th spot.

I think it's amusing that IU can't debate actual basketball without incest and intelligence jokes. I've lived in Indiana for nearly 40 years. Don't act like a whole lot changes just by crossing a river, because we know that's not true.

Also, the two fanbases will never agree on it, but what is wrong with neutral site games? We offered you neutral site because 1) your fans after Watford, and 2) Cal wants neutral site games to prepare young squads for tournament style games. We could have these games right now.

Finally, keep celebrating a meaningless Watford win. I seem to remember UK hanging a banner that year, after knocking IU out of that tournament.

IU offered a home and home plus neutral site games as a compromise and Calislimy ran from that as well.

Don't give us the "rush the court" shit...while it may be embarrassing to older IU fans, it had zero...zero impact on the KY team. Your team stripper did roll her ankle when a kid bumped her on the stairs but she was aided by IU fans. You clowns use that as an excuse for Cal's blunder.

Just out of curiosity, what rules has Cal broken in Lexington? And for that matter, what rules did he personally break at UMass and Memphis? There's been no mention of Cal through this entire FBI shoe company investigation (and what coach would have been most looked into?). Also, do you actually even know what happened at UMass and Memphis?
Here's what Cal does when someone else breaks the rules.

head-in-sand_21.jpg

I was there at the game and witnessed the actions and comments myself. Unfortunately you are correct. I have no proof other than my word which, since you don't know me from Adam, means nothing. As far as Arkansas fans being of a higher class, I must assume that you have limited experience with them. Many of them can be quite nasty especially at their place.

You were one of the ten KY fans in the building? Were you the one waltzing drunk through the student section waving your "bring it" arms and then sobbing when the kids chanted "FU KY" while the cop hauled you drunk ass out?

And yes, locals told me that incest was an issue south and east of where we lived. I don't think people would make that up about the place they live. We moved north when my wife got pregnant. We were not going to educate our kids down there or set low standards for their development.[/QUOTE]

Congrats who was the father?

I know he was the same coach that was "clueless" about actions that put two schools on sanctions with the NCAA. It is just as believable that Pitino (former UK coach) didn't know players were getting paid and that hookers were being provided.

Calipari is very good at bending so many rules and pushing past the boundaries of the rules by just enough to not get into trouble. He knows how to avoid getting in trouble like knowing how much over the speed limit you can go without being pulled over. Or using a shadowy figure like World Wide Wes to make illegal contacts and benefits. WWW has gone underground for a good reason.This is known in the coaching ranks. Most coaches aren't comfortable pushing the NCAA as far as he does. The NCAA is largely feckless but they can make an example of a school when it suits their needs.

One of Cal's good friends, Coach Todd Franklin (Tom Crean's room mate at WKU) of Vincennes University is a family friend. He told me how Mulder from VU ended up at UK. Calipari didn't want or need Mulder. He knew he would never play at UK. Calipari knew Pitino wanted Mulder and lied to the hilt about playing time to get Mulder to flip to UK. Calipari used a kid for a personal rivalry with another coach. Franklin thought it was okay because he hated Pitino too. There are no rules about being an SOB.

I could tell you violations I personally witnessed in the 80's with Richard Madison and Kenny Walker, but you only asked about Calipari.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
You were one of the ten KY fans in the building? Were you the one waltzing drunk through the student section waving your "bring it" arms and then sobbing when the kids chanted "FU KY" while the cop hauled you drunk ass out?
There were quite a few more than 10 (I had more than 10 in the group I came with) and no I was not drunk or acting foolish. I am a pastor who just happens to love Kentucky basketball. I almost did not reply to this since it was just immature jabs, but figured I would at least answer your question since I understand that I am an unwanted guest and should expect the aggression.

Cal and Pitino are the same guy. Either dirty or the worst case of LOIC on the planet.

You sure are sensitive and have a lot of rules. Damn near makes a game impossible. IU has beat UK 2 out of the last 3 times we have played. That is the main reason Cal won't play us. I would rather play Duke or UNC than UK. At least their fans aren't stupid and leave a trail of cigarette butts behind them. Oh yeah, GFY and your sister!
Wow, two out of three times. Now that's some trend line. Guess IU basketball is on the way up and we are sinking, huh.

Does the name Kelvin Sampson ring a bell?? Or does that just swept under the rug. IU has been just as dirty if not more so than other programs.

As for preferring to recruit instate kids, we do get our fair share of kids from time to time. But like the other major programs, the UK name is a nationwide brand that recruits nationally. We are not limited to the in state talent pool but get the best from all over.

Just take the Indiana and Kentucky schools and rank them on recent relevance and success. UK would be 1 with Purdue 2. IU would be somewhere behind Murray State and WKU fighting IUPUI for the 7th spot.
We fired Sampson and we were deeply hurt by what we did. We didn't hire another coach with a questionable past.

Character is important.

What are your feelings regarding those hideous candy striped pants? Can that be #5?

I don't think so, those warmups are part of IU tradition and tradition is very important to IU fans. In fact, I'm beginning to believe that tradition is more important to them than progress and looking back more satisfying than looking forward. So, let's leave them with their memories.

The real issue is the fear of the Indiana state government and the IU governing body. They fully understand that home and home is the only way to bring national attention to this place. You guys haven't been relevant since Knight threw chairs.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing that you say that, while being on an IU blog, whom you clearly don't support.
Why would you even be here to participate in this discussion.
It seems to me that you Wildcats are obsessed with this "irrelevant" program.

I know he was the same coach that was "clueless" about actions that put two schools on sanctions with the NCAA. It is just as believable that Pitino (former UK coach) didn't know players were getting paid and that hookers were being provided.

Calipari is very good at bending so many rules and pushing past the boundaries of the rules by just enough to not get into trouble. He knows how to avoid getting in trouble like knowing how much over the speed limit you can go without being pulled over. Or using a shadowy figure like World Wide Wes to make illegal contacts and benefits. WWW has gone underground for a good reason.This is known in the coaching ranks. Most coaches aren't comfortable pushing the NCAA as far as he does. The NCAA is largely feckless but they can make an example of a school when it suits their needs.

One of Cal's good friends, Coach Todd Franklin (Tom Crean's room mate at WKU) of Vincennes University is a family friend. He told me how Mulder from VU ended up at UK. Calipari didn't want or need Mulder. He knew he would never play at UK. Calipari knew Pitino wanted Mulder and lied to the hilt about playing time to get Mulder to flip to UK. Calipari used a kid for a personal rivalry with another coach. Franklin thought it was okay because he hated Pitino too. There are no rules about being an SOB.

I could tell you violations I personally witnessed in the 80's with Richard Madison and Kenny Walker, but you only asked about Calipari.
Yeah, but the thing is, an IU fan sharing personal anecdotes that are critical of UK or the state for that matter, is about as believable as a politician at a pep rally.

How dare he want to generate income for the program. And as far as using every advantage, why whoever heard of such a thing! This must be stopped! Kidding aside though, we will decide if Cal cares about us, and our decision is yes, indeed he does.

I still think IU fans are missing the point. You need the game, we don't. There's no incentive for us to play that game. When they debated seeding tournament teams, they list good wins/bad loses. IU would only make one of those for Kentucky. We don't need the game, yet we offered neutral sites, and IU declined.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I still think IU fans are missing the point. You need the game, we don't. There's no incentive for us to play that game. When they debated seeding tournament teams, they list good wins/bad loses. IU would only make one of those for Kentucky. We don't need the game, yet we offered neutral sites, and IU declined.
Justify it all you want. Chicken John Calipari refuses to play in Assembly Hall ever again. Otherwise Cal would have agreed to 2 neutral site games and 1 at Rupp Arena which were the other games besides AH.

Justify it all you want. Chicken John Calipari refuses to play in Assembly Hall ever again. Otherwise Cal would have agreed to 2 neutral site games and 1 at Rupp Arena which were the other games besides AH.
You're right. Cal refuses to play at AH ever again. And if your fans continue to be abusive to opposing teams and fans, no one will play you at AH unless they are required to, or they get a big payday for it.

If I had to guess, he'll go back to AH sometime in the near future. Part of me thinks this a punishment for the IU fans' behavior. He'll play at Chapel Hill and other places. To claim he's chicken is delusional. I don't think anyone is scared to go into AH recently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT