ADVERTISEMENT

From a UK fan

Since none of you, in five pages have laid out any actual facts about Cal at UMass, Memphis, or Kentucky, let me ask you a simple question; If Archie reported one of his players for taking gifts from a booster, and played a guy who was cleared by the NCAA, not once, but twice, would you label Archie a cheater? Simple question. Just a yes or no.
So who are these two players in question that Cal did these things on - since, obviously, we need to know all the details involved to make a true apples-to-apples comparison?

I did not click your link to look, but I certainly have seen some odd looks over the years. Someone designed it , someone, approved it, and then the players have to wear it. What school was the weird basketball floor we were talking about a few months ago?

And a lifelong UK fan at that. I've never had the opportunity to see a UK/IU basketball game in person, but I did go to a couple of UK/IU football games in Lexington back in the late 70s/early 80s. Two memories I have of those games are 1) IU coming out in all-cream uniforms. They looked like they had on pajamas. I don't think that color scheme was ever used again. And 2) a white kid at running back for IU running all over us. I don't remember his name, but I think he had around 250 yards.

So, anyway, the reason I'm posting is that I would like to see us play each other in all sports, but let's start the discussion with basketball. I don't see it ever being a home-and-home, because Cal thinks the SEC and Louisville home-and-homes are more than enough and he has a vision of the top basketball programs in the country playing each other in big neutral-site venues in big, made-for-television events. And if that's what Cal wants, that's good enough for us (UK fans).

But before we can even play at neutral sites on semi-regular basis, IU fans have to agree to a few rules.

First, you have to stop accusing UK fans of incest and inbreeding. I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that both these include activities like rape and child sexual abuse, and, therefore, go far beyond how athletic rivals should be taunting each other.

Second, you have to pledge not to chant obscenities at UK players and fans.

And, third, you have to agree not to rush the floor if you win a basketball game. And, yes, this is much different from rushing the field at a football game.

If you agree to these terms, there might be a chance that we could play each other again. Let's test your willingness by seeing if you an refrain from making a "joke" about UK fans and incest for 30 minutes.
The biggest problem is no IU coach will want Cal in Indiana where he can help his recruiting. It is just isn't smart for a coach to do that when Indiana is a hotbed for talent....always.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
The biggest problem is no IU coach will want Cal in Indiana where he can help his recruiting. It is just isn't smart for a coach to do that when Indiana is a hotbed for talent....always.
Agreed, there is some serious talent coming out of Indiana every year. If Archie can shit down the border and grab some of those guys, he will have Indiana back at the top

Lol didn’t realize I typed shit. Good catch
The Marion (In) newspaper did that in 2008 in the game story of the Giants 42-40 win over New Castle in the regional championship game.

It read “Freshwater then stole the ball and shit a layup” (exactly how would you do that? Degree of difficulty I would think would make it worth 4 points). I was reading the online version of the story and spit Cheerios all over the keyboard.

Sent a email to the sports editor and the online edition was fixed within a half hour. Problem for them was they had already sent 30,000 hard copies out to their circulation base!

I had a friend from work whose in-laws live in Marion get me their copy. Gets lots of laughs still around the office.

Okay, I'm back. Cal recently on the SEC preseason coaches conference call definitively said no to a resumption of the UK/IU basketball unless at neutral sites. Since you insist on home and home, that's it. It's over. Other than basketball and football, our teams will still play if you don't mess it up with your boorish fan behavior involving totally inappropriate insults involving incest. Let's see if you can.

Okay, I'm back. Cal recently on the SEC preseason coaches conference call definitively said no to a resumption of the UK/IU basketball unless at neutral sites. Since you insist on home and home, that's it. It's over. Other than basketball and football, our teams will still play if you don't mess it up with your boorish fan behavior involving totally inappropriate insults involving incest. Let's see if you can.

lol . . . try telling this to John Higgins.

Fvck you. Fvck Cal.
UK doesn't need IU.
IU doesn't need UK.
I'm fine if IU & UK never play again.
The perfect 4 year compromise was offered: Home & Home and 2 off sites. UK refused.
IU should never settle for less than that compromise.

Fvck you. Fvck Cal.
UK doesn't need IU.
IU doesn't need UK.
I'm fine if IU & UK never play again.
The perfect 4 year compromise was offered: Home & Home and 2 off sites. UK refused.
IU should never settle for less than that compromise.
Spot on.

But UK people will try to tell you “IU fans treated us terribly in Bloomington” - the same people who called up John Higgins and his roofing business after the 2017 NCAA tournament loss to UNC.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
But UK people will try to tell you “IU fans treated us terribly in Bloomington”
That's because they drink Cal's Cool-Aid, but that's not the reason. It's about Ws & Ls. Cal knows his one & dones aren't ready for Assembly Hall that early in the season, and he could see the ass beating he was likely to take at Rupp the next year.
He bailed, that's fine. Just own in. Don't spin it with your greasy haired, used car salesman BS Cal, just own it.

That's because they drink Cal's Cool-Aid, but that's not the reason. It's about Ws & Ls. Cal knows his one & dones aren't ready for Assembly Hall that early in the season, and he could see the ass beating he was likely to take at Rupp the next year.
He bailed, that's fine. Just own in. Don't spin it with your greasy haired, used car salesman BS Cal, just own it.
Remember that bullshit that he put out on his website about having to “protect our players”?

Pussy . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT