ADVERTISEMENT

From a UK fan

1truthteller

Benchwarmer
Jun 13, 2010
And a lifelong UK fan at that. I've never had the opportunity to see a UK/IU basketball game in person, but I did go to a couple of UK/IU football games in Lexington back in the late 70s/early 80s. Two memories I have of those games are 1) IU coming out in all-cream uniforms. They looked like they had on pajamas. I don't think that color scheme was ever used again. And 2) a white kid at running back for IU running all over us. I don't remember his name, but I think he had around 250 yards.

So, anyway, the reason I'm posting is that I would like to see us play each other in all sports, but let's start the discussion with basketball. I don't see it ever being a home-and-home, because Cal thinks the SEC and Louisville home-and-homes are more than enough and he has a vision of the top basketball programs in the country playing each other in big neutral-site venues in big, made-for-television events. And if that's what Cal wants, that's good enough for us (UK fans).

But before we can even play at neutral sites on semi-regular basis, IU fans have to agree to a few rules.

First, you have to stop accusing UK fans of incest and inbreeding. I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that both these include activities like rape and child sexual abuse, and, therefore, go far beyond how athletic rivals should be taunting each other.

Second, you have to pledge not to chant obscenities at UK players and fans.

And, third, you have to agree not to rush the floor if you win a basketball game. And, yes, this is much different from rushing the field at a football game.

If you agree to these terms, there might be a chance that we could play each other again. Let's test your willingness by seeing if you an refrain from making a "joke" about UK fans and incest for 30 minutes.

And a lifelong UK fan at that. I've never had the opportunity to see a UK/IU basketball game in person, but I did go to a couple of UK/IU football games in Lexington back in the late 70s/early 80s. Two memories I have of those games are 1) IU coming out in all-cream uniforms. They looked like they had on pajamas. I don't think that color scheme was ever used again. And 2) a white kid at running back for IU running all over us. I don't remember his name, but I think he had around 250 yards.

So, anyway, the reason I'm posting is that I would like to see us play each other in all sports, but let's start the discussion with basketball. I don't see it ever being a home-and-home, because Cal thinks the SEC and Louisville home-and-homes are more than enough and he has a vision of the top basketball programs in the country playing each other in big neutral-site venues in big, made-for-television events. And if that's what Cal wants, that's good enough for us (UK fans).

But before we can even play at neutral sites on semi-regular basis, IU fans have to agree to a few rules.

First, you have to stop accusing UK fans of incest and inbreeding. I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that both these include activities like rape and child sexual abuse, and, therefore, go far beyond how athletic rivals should be taunting each other.

And, third, you have to agree not to rush the floor if you win a basketball game. And, yes, this is much different from rushing the field at a football game.

If you agree to these terms, there might be a chance that we could play each other again. Let's test your willingness by seeing if you an refrain from making a "joke" about UK fans and incest for 30 minutes.
Unless you are the UK AD, which you are not, welp, any and all of the past "jokes" would apply.

If you want to see another game with IU, talk to your slimy coach.

Until then, enjoy your sisters.

eat a dck.. and didn't read your post

Alex Smith

That's him. He was awesome in that game. I was shocked he didn't make it in the pros. I've been going to UK games since the 70s, so sometimes the decades run together.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to add another stipulation: no more homophobic slurs directed at UK fans. I'm afraid that the resumption of the rivalry is looking doubtful.

That's him. He was awesome in that game. I was shocked he didn't make it in the pros. I've been going to UK games since the 70s, so sometimes the decades run together.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to add another stipulation: no more homophobic slurs directed at UK fans. I'm afraid that the resumption of the rivalry is looking doubtful.

Homophobia is one of the core values in KY. Don't see any here.

With all due respect, not only no, but HELL NO!

If it's in the "dance" or a legitimate tournament, bring the game on, but leave your conditions at home.

Reactions: Sassy61
Sure . . . we'll do that right after BBN apologizes to John Higgins and provides full restitution to him and his family for deliberately trashing his roofing business online.

We'll wait . . .

The two aren't equivalent, but okay, I pledge that BBN will reimburse him for any damages to his business that he can actually document, after he apologizes for being such an egotistical jerk that he threw Benny Snell out of the Music City Bowl for having the audacity to touch his sacred lordship.

I’m from EVV. Love the UK bs. Yes we should play. At least we still play baseball and I think soccer but not positive. Win or lose I always want to play UK. Keep it friendly but always talk trash. After all we built the 41 bridge to Henderson so Kentuckians could swim over in the shade. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: HoosiersChamps

Alex Smith. Now go away.

You sure are sensitive and have a lot of rules. Damn near makes a game impossible. IU has beat UK 2 out of the last 3 times we have played. That is the main reason Cal won't play us. I would rather play Duke or UNC than UK. At least their fans aren't stupid and leave a trail of cigarette butts behind them. Oh yeah, GFY and your sister!

Reactions: mike41703
The Indiana Kentucky basketball games used to mean something.
Our High school all stars play each other every year.
But there are virtually no players from Kentucky playing on their basketball team any longer.
Therefore it is unimportant to me that we play you at all.
We might as well play Kansas or Arizona every year, it would have the same significance.

Let's take a step back and start with the incorrect presumption. Indiana doesn't want to play UK as much as UK want's to play IU. We whooped you the last time we played so the ground rules will be laid out by IU.

We do not agree with playing at neutral sites and have no interest in it which is why the series was terminated. If you guys want to come back, you are more than welcome to take your beating but otherwise, keep losing to other teams in the pre-conference. I am ok with neutral sites periodically but am fully onboard with home and home. To say home and home with Louisville is enough is ridiculous because we also are playing Louisville in home and home....but have no problem with adding UK.

Lastly, we won't stop making incest comments until you guys stop doing it!

You sure are sensitive and have a lot of rules. Damn near makes a game impossible. IU has beat UK 2 out of the last 3 times we have played. That is the main reason Cal won't play us. I would rather play Duke or UNC than UK. At least their fans aren't stupid and leave a trail of cigarette butts behind them. Oh yeah, GFY and your sister!
Only four. Does that seem like a lot to you? And here you are talking about incest again. You should know that's not an appropriate topic of conversation, but I guess not.

Only four. Does that seem like a lot to you? And here you are talking about incest again. You should know that's not an appropriate topic of conversation, but I guess not.
It’s ok to admit your family tree doesn’t branch here. We have been figured out about our obsession with are close family

What are your feelings regarding those hideous candy striped pants? Can that be #5?

I also remember UK wanting to play Notre dame for 20 years in Louisville so they could call it neutral site. LOL

Coach Caliscum wants to play in big events in games made for TV. lol. Nice of him to think about the college campus students. Meanwhile I don't see any NCAA commercials that show UK-IU game highlights. They do show highlights in NCAA commercials of the celebration starting in the Watford shot game.

Reactions: ufo33
I lived in Kentucky for 4 years out of college. I saw a lot of things south of Danville that people back home didn't believe is possible. I witnessed my first person to sign with an "X" at a Kroger in Danville. The cashier showed me a list of people that could sign a check with an "X". How in the hell can someone have a checking account if they can't sign their own name? How do they get a drivers license?

And yes, locals told me that incest was an issue south and east of where we lived. I don't think people would make that up about the place they live. We moved north when my wife got pregnant. We were not going to educate our kids down there or set low standards for their development.

I lived in Kentucky for 4 years out of college. I saw a lot of things south of Danville that people back home didn't believe is possible. I saw the first person I ever to sign with an "X" at a Kroger. The cashier showed me a list of people that could sign a check with an "X". How in the hell can someone have a checking account if they can't sign their own name? How do they get a drivers license?

And yes, locals told me that incest was an issue south and east of where we lived. I don't think people would make that up about the place they live. We moved north when my wife got pregnant. We were not going to educate our kids down there or set low standards for their development.
Wow. Nell would approve.

I really don't understand the big fuss about the home and home, neutral site game debate. I mean come on. IU hasn't been relevant even when trying to funnel all of that adidas money at recruits.

The real issue is the fear of the Indiana state government and the IU governing body. They fully understand that home and home is the only way to bring national attention to this place. You guys haven't been relevant since Knight threw chairs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT