ADVERTISEMENT

From a UK fan

Good point, your players are already paid enough
Any proof of that? Surely you can site FBI findings after years of investigation. Right? It must really burn IU fans up, that after all this pay for play investigation, there was never any hint of Cal cheating while all these other schools were implicated.

a5f18c76f3d65aefe97fdd5b39be26fb.jpg
Now that's funny.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
This "dumb" Jarhead joined after 9/11, served in Marine Corps Intelligence (as an 0261, Geospatial/Topographic analyst) and held a TS//SCI clearance for 15 years. But feel free to insult veterans and a stranger over college basketball.

Thanks for your service, but that doesn’t exclude you from being an idiot, which coming to an IU board to wage arguments you can never win is surely evidence of...

Thanks for your service, but that doesn’t exclude you from being an idiot, which coming to an IU board to wage arguments you can never win is surely evidence of...
I wasn't being argumentative. I was presenting my opinion on a topic that involved UK basketball. And isn't that what message boards are for. I don't think I've been out of line or insulting in the least. I haven't called you guys incestuous, mouth breathing, trailer living, cheating, meth heads.

Hmmm....interesting to note that you are an authority on Kentucky basketball history.

Yes. 20 years.

If you want to know, I grew up in EVV and have good friends from Kentucky who are UK fans. Actually liked UK basketball when I was young kid as the games were on TV tape delayed. Dan Issel was one my favorite players. I started gravitating towards IU as I should of when Downing and McGinnis showed up. That pretty much locked me into for good. Still I rooted for UK a lot when they did not play IU, EVV or Xavier. I'm sure I rooted for them in those ND games.

I'm more anti-Cal. IMO, the guy spews BS. It (BS) runs in his blood. I do not have to be an IU fan to believe that. He was a colossal clown in his NBA stint and ran back to college because he knew he could scam his way to success in the NCAA. IMO, he needs UK more than the other way around. I don't think he cheats at UK because he doesn't need for landing recruits. UMASS and Memphis have Big astericks and vacancies tied to their Final 4 appearances under his guidance. I quit watching UK when Cal showed up. When he leaves, I'll start watching them again. Hopefully the rivalry picks up back then. For now, I hope IU stays away from the scumbag. Playing Arizona would be much more interesting at this point time if it is truly on the table.

If you want to know, I grew up in EVV and have good friends from Kentucky who are UK fans. Actually liked UK basketball when I was young kid as the games were on TV tape delayed. Dan Issel was one my favorite players. I started gravitating towards IU as I should of when Downing and McGinnis showed up. That pretty much locked me into for good. Still I rooted for UK a lot when they did not play IU, EVV or Xavier. I'm sure I rooted for them in those ND games.

I'm more anti-Cal. IMO, the guy spews BS. It (BS) runs in his blood. I do not have to be an IU fan to believe that. He was a colossal clown in his NBA stint and ran back to college because he knew he could scam his way to success in the NCAA. IMO, he needs UK more than the other way around. I don't think he cheats at UK because he doesn't need for landing recruits. UMASS and Memphis have Big astericks and vacancies tied to their Final 4 appearances under his guidance. I quit watching UK when Cal showed up. When he leaves, I'll start watching them again. Hopefully the rivalry picks up back then. For now, I hope IU stays away from the scumbag. Playing Arizona would be much more interesting at this point time if it is truly on the table.
Cal was at the helm of the team that was just voted team of the decade, and never got a hit of transgressions after a years long FBI investigation. ...yet you want to play Arizona? If you hate Cal for "cheating" why give Sean the pleasure and stage of playing IU? IMO, that's hypocrisy.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Cal was at the helm of the team that was just voted team of the decade, and never got a hit of transgressions after a years long FBI investigation. ...yet you want to play Arizona? If you hate Cal for "cheating" why give Sean the pleasure and stage of playing IU? IMO, that's hypocrisy.

Cal’s teams have vacated 2 final fours. You can be indignant about his role all you want, but it happened on his watch by people he had hired & empowered. If he didn’t know anything about it, it was by his design.

Please go away now & take the rest of the oblivious with you...

You guys haven't been relevant since Knight threw chairs.

My memory is fading in my old age, so maybe you can help. Was that back when IU was winning titles and Eddie Sutton was sending cash out west and Shawn Kemp was pawning gold he stole from Eddie's kid?

My memory is fading in my old age, so maybe you can help. Was that back when IU was winning titles and Eddie Sutton was sending cash out west and Shawn Kemp was pawning gold he stole from Eddie's kid?

I can help. 1987. You're welcome.

Any proof of that? Surely you can site FBI findings after years of investigation. Right? It must really burn IU fans up, that after all this pay for play investigation, there was never any hint of Cal cheating while all these other schools were implicated.

What? I can point to Cal's banners being removed in each location when he leaves. Don't fool yourself and think you aren't next.

So fans of another team visiting this board makes you relevant? Talk about illogical...
If we weren't relevant, Cat fans wouldn't be flooding this board. Only fools (or bored, unemployed hilljacks) waste time on irrelevant tasks.

Do you spend time on North Dakota State's board, telling them they need to get UK on their schedule ? No? Why Not?
Because their basketball team isn't relevant to Cats fans.

Apparently IU's team is. You want to prove me wrong? Then disappear. Otherwise, let's spend yet another day discussing how irrelevant IU is and how we so badly need to add UK back to our schedule, under Cal's terms.

If we weren't relevant, Cat fans wouldn't be flooding this board. Only fools (or bored, unemployed hilljacks) waste time on irrelevant tasks.

Do you spend time on North Dakota State's board, telling them they need to get UK on their schedule ? No? Why Not?
Because their basketball team isn't relevant to Cats fans.

Apparently IU's team is. You want to prove me wrong? Then disappear. Otherwise, let's spend yet another day discussing how irrelevant IU is and how we so badly need to add UK back to our schedule, under Cal's terms.

1. Cat fans make you relevant? Or FEEL relevant? You're welcome.
2. Nobody wants you on UK's schedule. It would bring down our SOS.
3. Your President and Coach keep bringing it up. And it will be Cal's terms or they won't get what the seem to desperately want/need.
4. 1987 was a loooonnnngggg time ago...

3. Your President and Coach keep bringing it up. And it will be Cal's terms or they won't get what the seem to desperately want/need.

And yet here you are, once again, on our board taking about our program.

As for us 'bringing down your SOS'....yeah all those home games in Rupp vs mighty Eastern KY, Evansville, Utah Valley, Mt St Mary's, Lamar, UAB, Fairleigh Dickinson..they do wonders for your SOS.

UK fans are obsessed with us which is why you are here and we are not there. You know what wasn't a long time ago? IU whooping UK in the sweet 16 in 2016.

Too funny. uk fans on an IU board. No group of fans is more proud of their history than uk fans, despite their history of cheating. It is as if it never happened in their eyes. A few uk highlights....

Point shaving (Rupp)
Season cancelled ('52-'53)
Envelops of money to recruits (Mills)
Others taking tests for their recruits (Manuel)
Banned from postseason ('89)
Grade changes to pass Algebra III when they did not take Algebra II (Bledsoe)

I can go on. The time when Davis left the scene of an accident and was not charged; the time a prosecutor let Turner off on a hit and run because he was "not an ax murderer"; the magical fax that appeared out of the "blue" to allow Morris to play; or more recently Willis found passed out drunk on the side of the road by his car and he was not charged by the police - you try that and see what happens. Some nice video of that one still out there.

While some of these are clear NCAA violations others are just examples of how things are done at uk and in the state. Their fan base is ok with all of it as long as they win. They won't even acknowledge they cheated because that would take away from the titles.

The fact their coach, whom they ALL hated when he was at UMass and Memphis, is slimy is not an issue to them. As long as he does not get caught they are fine.

Since none of you, in five pages have laid out any actual facts about Cal at UMass, Memphis, or Kentucky, let me ask you a simple question; If Archie reported one of his players for taking gifts from a booster, and played a guy who was cleared by the NCAA, not once, but twice, would you label Archie a cheater? Simple question. Just a yes or no.

Since none of you, in five pages have laid out any actual facts about Cal at UMass, Memphis, or Kentucky, let me ask you a simple question; If Archie reported one of his players for taking gifts from a booster, and played a guy who was cleared by the NCAA, not once, but twice, would you label Archie a cheater? Simple question. Just a yes or no.

Since you failed to acknowledge ANY cheating by uk in their history, and since this is an IU board, you can go %&*# yourself. But I would like to hear you admit to uk's history of cheating. My guess is you don't have enough integrity now to admit to what we already know and what the NCAA punished (and uk accepted) your program for. I'm hoping you are the only marine from your day that lacks integrity.

Since you failed to acknowledge ANY cheating by uk in their history, and since this is an IU board, you can go %&*# yourself. But I would like to hear you admit to uk's history of cheating. My guess is you don't have enough integrity now to admit to what we already know and what the NCAA punished (and uk accepted) your program for. I'm hoping you are the only marine from your day that lacks integrity.
UK was guilty under Sutton for trying to buy a player. UK players were guilty of point shaving back in the 50s. Yes, we gotten black eyes over nearly a century of playing college basketball. Yes Kentucky basketball has cheated in the past.

Your turn, has IU basketball ever cheated? It's a simple question. But you didn't answer my first simple question, so I don't have high hopes for this one.

There's cheating and their's uk cheating. It is common knowledge Sampson made phone calls, which was the rule of the day at that time, and IU was hit for it and they fired Sampson. Beyond that all programs report minor infractions that do not lead to any action by the NCAA. If you add it all up on both sides it is not even close. Historically uk is dirtier than 99.9% of the all programs in college basketball. That cannot be argued.

Cal is dirty. I do not have any doubts about that and most college basketball fans would agree. As I noted previously, uk fans H A T E D him when he was at Umass and Memphis. This also cannot be denied. Why? Because you knew he cheated! But you are hanging your hate on the old, "he's never been caught" defense now. OJ was "not guilty" of murder, but you probably wouldn't want him dating your daughter.

Just because he hasn't been caught doesn't mean he is not dirty. Each year I think uk gets a little bit closer to the line. After last season 3 or 4 uk players were openly driving $300k cars. A violation? We don't know. But it is odd that you do not see a lot of other program's players doing it. Best part is, when he gets caught, you won't show up to admit it. That's the life of a uk fan. Just ignore it like the rest of your history and go on.

If Archie reported one of his players for taking gifts from a booster, and played a guy who was cleared by the NCAA, not once, but twice, would you label Archie a cheater? Simple question. Just a yes or no.

I don't see IU fans screaming that K is a cheater, and by all accounts he's out-recruiting Cal the last couple years. Why is that?

Reactions: RipThru
Oh sorry, I forgot you are a UK fan. So you don't have to wait, they have this thing called the world wide web now. You can just.... look it up.

There is info on the world wide web that Cal will have us in trouble in a matter of time? I'll look. Be right back...

They would have, maybe not as soon.
That is one of the things going to Kentucky gets you......exposure.
But that has more to do with who and what UK is, and less to do with Calipari.

Things sure seemed to pick up after Cal took over, because we didn't produce a lot of pros after Pitino.

And yet here you are, once again, on our board taking about our program.

As for us 'bringing down your SOS'....yeah all those home games in Rupp vs mighty Eastern KY, Evansville, Utah Valley, Mt St Mary's, Lamar, UAB, Fairleigh Dickinson..they do wonders for your SOS.

Hell, they're better than Fort Wayne...

There's cheating and their's uk cheating. It is common knowledge Sampson made phone calls, which was the rule of the day at that time, and IU was hit for it and they fired Sampson. Beyond that all programs report minor infractions that do not lead to any action by the NCAA. If you add it all up on both sides it is not even close. Historically uk is dirtier than 99.9% of the all programs in college basketball. That cannot be argued.

Cal is dirty. I do not have any doubts about that and most college basketball fans would agree. As I noted previously, uk fans H A T E D him when he was at Umass and Memphis. This also cannot be denied. Why? Because you knew he cheated! But you are hanging your hate on the old, "he's never been caught" defense now. OJ was "not guilty" of murder, but you probably wouldn't want him dating your daught
Just because he hasn't been caught doesn't mean he is not dirty. Each year I think uk gets a little bit closer to the line. After last season 3 or 4 uk players were openly driving $300k cars. A violation? We don't know. But it is odd that you do not see a lot of other program's players doing it. Best part is, when he gets caught, you won't show up to admit it. That's the life of a uk fan. Just ignore it like the rest of your history and go on.

So much here...lol

1. If you find something on UK since 88-89, be sure to post it. Otherwise, it's all conjecture and comes off as jealousy.

2. You can call Cal "dirty" all you want; doesn't make it so. Has he ever been personally sanctioned? Do you know the facts of the matter at Memphis or UMass?

3. I didn't hate him; he wasn't more than a passing thought to me at the time. So that debunks that theory.

4. The old "OJ was found innocent" argument. Equating basketball with murder doesn't really add up, but if that's what you need to tell yourself to hate UK more, then go for it.

5. The "300K cars" were well after they declared for the draft and were no longer student athletes. A non-issue.

6. Lastly, you DO know who Archie Miller's brother is and how he conducts his business, right...? You know, that whole "apple and tree analogy" , right? I mean, Romeo's name has been mentioned...

Reactions: SemperFiCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT