ADVERTISEMENT

Fife's firing was poorly handled and may not be forgotten

doubtful there's any lawsuit if he is getting a severance. I don't think they were under any obligation to pay him, unless it was addressed in his hiring contract, so you can bet the severance agreement included wording that he had no legal claims against IU and wouldn't be part of any lawsuit undertaken, unless compelled by a court.
There is no lawsuit because he is a public figure.

Isn’t that the American system no matter what we proclaim? I just don’t think Woody fires a legacy unless something egregious occurred. U can disagree and I’ll respect that.
Until there is proof it is all speculation and you my friend are 100% convinced it happened without any hard evidence. I sure would not want you on a jury. You have some sort of beef with FIfe because you clearly can only look at this based on what fatjohns said. You seem like the perfect guy who watched some news station and believe 100% all the fake news they spew out.

You probably thought the Duke lacrosse players were 100% guilty and were ready to send them to the electric chair base on what one person said which turned out to be a total lie.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
Well for all the people who claim they pay no attention to him they sure post about him alot on here. You all claim you hate him yet you seem to know everything he says.
The people that say they hate him are better than any advertising that DD could do. The more unhinged people get about what he says, the more they build him up.

Reactions: DANC and bailey777
The people that say they hate him are better than any advertising that DD could do. The more unhinged people get about what he says, the more they build him up.
Yep and they keep talking about him it is like they are obsessed with him or something. I dont even have to listen to his show I can get the recap on here from the people who claim nobody listens to him. LOL!

And really if they get unhinged from what DD says it might be time for some stress relieving activities it is just a radio show.

I certainly didn't like the way Dakich handled it today. He said the fathers of current IU players and prospective IU players need to approach Mike Woodson and ask him whether he will throw their sons under the bus if they are not playing well. That's the last thing we need is for Dakich to publicly question Woodson's integrity.
Didn't hear it, is DD implying that Woody threw DF under the bus?

Assume he provided proof?

I just listened to DD from the other day to see what all the hype was. I liked his little shot at fatjohns who is a total low life imo. I have no idea wha the issue is all DD said was this was not done with any class. Just fire him and move on whey does a certain assistant have to leak to fatjohns and try and destroy Fife. That is just petty and vindictive.

I just listened to DD from the other day to see what all the hype was. I liked his little shot at fatjohns who is a total low life imo. I have no idea wha the issue is all DD said was this was not done with any class. Just fire him and move on whey does a certain assistant have to leak to fatjohns and try and destroy Fife. That is just petty and vindictive.
Who was the assistant that leaked information about Fife?

Who was the assistant that leaked information about Fife?
DD said Hunter but who knows but since so many are taking what fatjohns said as gospel and I guess we have to take this as gospel as well. You believe one side you have to believe both sides because there is no such thing as fake news I guess!!! Though fatjohns is the perfect go to guy to turn it into a political thing as he is a about as far left wing person as you could find. So I am sure he is more than happy to paint Fife as a nutty right winger, etc he probably got off on it.

DD said Hunter but who knows but since so many are taking what fatjohns said as gospel and I guess we have to take this as gospel as well. You believe one side you have to believe both sides because there is no such thing as fake news I guess!!! Though fatjohns is the perfect go to guy to turn it into a political thing as he is a about as far left wing person as you could find. So I am sure he is more than happy to paint Fife as a nutty right winger, etc he probably got off on it.
Bailey let me ask you: why do you think Fife was let go?

I know it will never be forgotten as it feels like the type of thread some will never let die.

Next season I look forward to the win-loss updates at whatever school Dane lands. 🙄

I listened to Rabs talk to JMV the day after the firing. Rabs specifically discussed several conversations that HE had with Dane directly. Included in one conversation was Rabs telling Dane he shouldn't have made the negative comments about NIL when the university appeared to be embracing it. Dane supposedly told him later, "Yep, I guess you were right, I got in trouble for that one".

My point being, while I'm certainly no Rabjohns homer (and I also happen to believe the press release sounded a bit "off"), but if he's relaying some items that DF told him directly, I'm not so sure what all of the "Hit Piece" narrative is about.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Because of the way it was handled, the wording of the release, the leaks to Rabjohns, etc.
The release was what we would expect from a large institution. Does he say who leaked what to RabJohns? I didn't hear it so wondering if he actually blames Woody or Dolson.

NIL is going to come back and bite the schools in the ass, and cost the schools far more than had they just relented and paid players themselves something, and thus been able to keep some controls over the situation.

schools are kidding themselves if they think NIL money won't come out of their own pockets, once 3rd parties force that to be the case.

I listened to Rabs talk to JMV the day after the firing. Rabs specifically discussed several conversations that HE had with Dane directly. Included in one conversation was Rabs telling Dane he shouldn't have made the negative comments about NIL when the university appeared to be embracing it. Dane supposedly told him later, "Yep, I guess you were right, I got in trouble for that one".

My point being, while I'm certainly no Rabjohns homer (and I also happen to believe the press release sounded a bit "off"), but if he's relaying some items that DF told him directly, I'm not so sure what all of the "Hit Piece" narrative is about.
That’s what I keep hearing and posting. Fife spike directly to Rabjohns about much of this.

The release was what we would expect from a large institution. Does he say who leaked what to RabJohns? I didn't hear it so wondering if he actually blames Woody or Dolson.
He squarely blames Woodson. Says it is out of the RMK playbook. Insinuates that there is a direct connection with Woody appearing at a Peegs golf outing and the Rabjohns’ “hit piece.”

He squarely blames Woodson. Says it is out of the RMK playbook. Insinuates that there is a direct connection with Woody appearing at a Peegs golf outing and the Rabjohns’ “hit piece.”
Yep I heard him say that. I think since Fatjobs did what was asked of him he will be the go to guy for future hit pieces. Kind of like a mob enforcer. But it is true I forgot Knight was totally like that if yoiu crossed him or did somehing to make him made look out he was going to get you. You are part of the IU family until you are not! The whole thing was handled horrible I dont care what the Fife bashers say. It was a pure bush league but typical for IU. I hope Brian Walsh watches CNN cause if Fatjohns is to be believed that is a real thing as well. Not sure whey they are watching any of that at work anyway. We do not watch politics at my office.

Not sure what you would call it. Instead of simply moving on they had to drag Fife's name throught the mud. What good can come of that? I guess maybe some feel better because they can see we got him but for the fans it just divides us. The whole thing was handled horribly but hey somebody feels better cause they got Fife!

Reactions: mathboy
Well for all the people who claim they pay no attention to him they sure post about him alot on here. You all claim you hate him yet you seem to know everything he says.
I'm guessing she thinks he's a Trumper..
He should probably never get another job again ever!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
Until there is proof it is all speculation and you my friend are 100% convinced it happened without any hard evidence. I sure would not want you on a jury. You have some sort of beef with FIfe because you clearly can only look at this based on what fatjohns said. You seem like the perfect guy who watched some news station and believe 100% all the fake news they spew out.

You probably thought the Duke lacrosse players were 100% guilty and were ready to send them to the electric chair base on what one person said which turned out to be a total lie.
This isn’t a court room it’s the court of public opinion. Everyone is entitled to one. I didn’t say I believed everything that’s being reported. But I’d sure b raising hell if someone was smearing me like Rabjohns is supposedly doing. I suspect that as is the case many times the truth is somewhere the middle. We may never know for sure but I suspect things will slowly come to light whatever the facts may b.
As far as not liking Dane it’s just the opposite as I know him personally. I wish him nothing but success wherever he lands.
Duke lacrosse I did not follow so I had no opinion one way or the other. But I did c a special on it and was fascinated by how it got to the point it did. Not interested in commenting on your fake news statement as that’s an indicator in and of itself. We can reasonably agree to disagree unless u can’t. Regardless, I believe we can all agree that we’d all like to know the facts.

I'm guessing she thinks he's a Trumper..
The general gist of the hit on FIfe was to try and say he was a Trumper no doubt that is why Fatjohns threw in the CNN and Tucker Carlson stuff. Had to make it political of course. But Rabby is a huge liberal so no surprise. Brian Walsh better be a CNN guy is all I can say or look out.

Reactions: DANC and ulrey
Mike Decourcey just said Fife is a terrific basketball mind and will really help whoever hires hm. Said he loves IU and that is the only reason he came here was because of his love for IU So all this he trashed the program, etc. is really hard to believe to me. Seems like there are plenty of guys who love Fife a lot so not sure how well the hit job is actually going over. I do think think the smear job is going over like it was intended by those who orchestrated it. I think they misjudged how much Fife is really liked.

Not sure what you would call it. Instead of simply moving on they had to drag Fife's name throught the mud. What good can come of that? I guess maybe some feel better because they can see we got him but for the fans it just divides us. The whole thing was handled horribly but hey somebody feels better cause they got Fife!
I would agree that dragging his name through the mud wouldn't be beneficial at all...I guess what I'm asking is did this go on? Like I said, the day after the release, Rabs is on radio discussing his direct conversations with Dane, which is his job.

I like Dane, I really do and I'm not bashing him in anyway. He also appears to be the guy that will do as he pleases and doesn't care about the repercussions. In his short time here as a coach he 1. Spoke out against NIL 2. Commented on kids from Indiana being a pain to coach 3. Said MSU had the best student section in the conference. I mean all 3 of those could be true, but as a coach with a program trying to re-establish your program, these would certainly seem to be things that should be talked about behind closed doors and not in the open.....BUT, Dane didn't care, so if some of this comes out again, it's as much his doing as anyone else's.

The general gist of the hit on FIfe was to try and say he was a Trumper no doubt that is why Fatjohns threw in the CNN and Tucker Carlson stuff. Had to make it political of course. But Rabby is a huge liberal so no surprise. Brian Walsh better be a CNN guy is all I can say or look out.
Let’s hope none of the coaches watch any news and just coach up the players.

• Love
Reactions: ulrey
Mike Decourcey just said Fife is a terrific basketball mind and will really help whoever hires hm. Said he loves IU and that is the only reason he came here was because of his love for IU So all this he trashed the program, etc. is really hard to believe to me. Seems like there are plenty of guys who love Fife a lot so not sure how well the hit job is actually going over. I do think think the smear job is going over like it was intended by those who orchestrated it. I think they misjudged how much Fife is really liked.
I would have no doubt that many coaches are of a similar political mindset as Fife, whatever that may be. He will find a place.

I would have no doubt that many coaches are of a similar political mindset as Fife, whatever that may be. He will find a place.
Don’t care what his political mindset is. He’s a coach. Not my concern. Regardless of any coaches political leanings, kids want to b coached not lectured on politics of any kind. That demographic is the least likely to vote anyway.

Don’t care what his political mindset is. He’s a coach. Not my concern. Regardless of any coaches political leanings, kids want to b coached not lectured on politics of any kind. That demographic is the least likely to vote anyway.
Sure, I agree. I was assuming that the political arguments (if any) were between Fife and other coaching staff, not with the players. But I'm not really following this soap opera too closely.

Sure, I agree. I was assuming that the political arguments (if any) were between Fife and other coaching staff, not with the players. But I'm not really following this soap opera too closely.
it was between the coaches

Good for u. It’s quite the soap opera. Don’t know for sure if any or all of this crap is true. Only those involved know and so far they ain’t talking at least not here.

How do you know Rabby is a HUGE liberal?? I’ve never heard him discuss politics at all.

How do you know Rabby is a HUGE liberal?? I’ve never heard him discuss politics at all.
fwiw Liberals have nothing to do with basketball ...

The correct reply to his post is: "please keep your hillbilly conspiracy BS off the basketball board or STFU" ...

I swear to God it's the only thing the slack jawed whack jobs want to talk about. Every conversation their paranoid conspiracies and tribal affiliation just have to be mentioned.. F**king tired boring ass shit ..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT