ADVERTISEMENT

Fife's firing was poorly handled and may not be forgotten

That’s what I keep hearing and posting. Fife spike directly to Rabjohns about much of this.
???

Then, why didn't a print/ audio/ broadcast/ podcast journalist like Rabjohns simply attribute Fife as the source of his story about Fife??

That would have (1) been journalistically responsible, (2) been journalistically normal, and (3) eliminated any possible controversy as to whether Rabjohns knows what he was talking about (assuming he cares, which I don't assume).

Not blaming you in any way, Zeke, but Rabjohns' Tweet reads as though he's got secret sources he wants to protect that nobody else has, so he refuses to disclose them. Rabjohns had no reason to hide the source of his negative Tweets about Fife, if Fife himself was the source,

Rabjohns' handling of this starts to look weird in itself.

???

Then, why didn't a print/ audio/ broadcast/ podcast journalist like Rabjohns simply attribute Fife as the source of his story about Fife??

That would have (1) been journalistically responsible, (2) been journalistically normal, and (3) eliminated any possible controversy as to whether Rabjohns knows what he was talking about (assuming he cares, which I don't assume).

Not blaming you in any way, Zeke, but Rabjohns' Tweet reads as though he's got secret sources he wants to protect that nobody else has, so he refuses to disclose them. Rabjohns had no reason to hide the source of his negative Tweets about Fife, if Fife himself was the source,

At this point this whole issue is nothing but gossip. Bunch of hens clucking and nothing more.

Paranoid whack-job? I doubt it.

Nope.
And, no one is legally entitled to this crap defense of, "I know I slandered the guy by saying he committed a crime, but I was just making a joke, expressing my opinion and repeating a slanderous statement some other guy said."

Many children still post on this board. It was better when we had thread view.

At this point this whole issue is nothing but gossip. Bunch of hens clucking and nothing more.
I'd really like to hear Zeke cluck in detail, since his/her post directly and undeniably endorsed Rabjohns' version of things.

And, no one is legally entitled to this crap defense of, "I know I slandered the guy by saying he committed a crime, but I was just making a joke, expressing my opinion and repeating a slanderous statement some other guy said."

Many children still post on this board. It was better when we had thread view.
Thread view was awesome, I agree. But, I wasn’t using the mobile version back then either. Still, it was great just to be able to read who you want to read.

otoh, maybe it had something to do with having some awesome posters back then (who are sadly long gone).

I wonder if you graduated high school
Wow you got me ! What a burn you dick but I bet you I make a hell of alot more money than you do you clown. You are probably the guy at the party in the corner nobody talks to so you go online and try an be an internet tuff guy behind a keyboard. You get off on yourself on a keyboard and even giggle a little when typing your tough guy stuff.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lucy01
???

I really do not think Fatjohns cares about journalistic integrity. Dakich made it sound like he got it from an assistant whether true or not who knows. Either way Fatjohns is a tool always has been and always will be.

I really do not think Fatjohns cares about journalistic integrity. Dakich made it sound like he got it from an assistant whether true or not who knows. Either way Fatjohns is a tool always has been and always will be.
Bailey you know that a program like Indiana, with news of an assistant being let go being as big as it was, stuff was going to come out. Fans are always demanding to knows details, whether it is injuries, curfew violations resulting in suspensions, etc. From all accounts, Fife only has himself to blame for this. I‘ve not heard from anyone, anywhere, that Woodson is anything but a great guy. If Fife somehow burned bridges such that Woodson couldn’t find anyway forward keeping Fife on the staff, knowing how it would look publicly, that’s a pretty damning indictment of how badly Fife was disconnected from the rest of the staff. I certainly wish the best for Dane and don’t think any less of him as a person or player, but the IU basketball program is bigger than any one player or coach.

Wow you got me ! What a burn you dick but I bet you I make a hell of alot more money than you do you clown. You are probably the guy at the party in the corner nobody talks to so you go online and try an be an internet tuff guy behind a keyboard. You get off on yourself on a keyboard and even giggle a little when typing your tough guy stuff.
That’s “tough guy” stuff? You sound and post like an illiterate moron. “What a burn you dick”. Lol. I wasn’t being funny. It was a real question. And you bet you make a hell of a lot more money than I do? Aside from that in and of itself being idiotic (as you don’t know anything about me or what I do for a living), how does that somehow make you intelligent? There’s nothing funny about people as dumb as you. Just the optimistic hope that you’ve not further watered down the gene pool by having children.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
That’s “tough guy” stuff? You sound and post like an illiterate moron. “What a burn you dick”. Lol. I wasn’t being funny. It was a real question. And you bet you make a hell of a lot more money than I do? Aside from that in and of itself being idiotic (as you don’t know anything about me or what I do for a living), how does that somehow make you intelligent? There’s nothing funny about people as dumb as you. Just the optimistic hope that you’ve not further watered down the gene pool by having children.
Geez and I thought I was mean. 🤬

Geez and I thought I was mean. 🤬
Not trying to be mean, but my God. This guy is as toxic and laughable of an example of the IU fan base as the idiots from Hoosier Hysterics.
I wish Fife well. That being said, he chose to not make his departure a more amicable one. The press release wasn’t bad. Anything that came out apart from that is speculation and heresay. On both sides. Just a question for Bailey or anybody else trashing Woodson over this. What have the players posted or said about Fife’s departure?

Not trying to be mean, but my God. This guy is as toxic and laughable of an example of the IU fan base as the idiots from Hoosier Hysterics.
I wish Fife well. That being said, he chose to not make his departure a more amicable one. The press release wasn’t bad. Anything that came out apart from that is speculation and heresay. On both sides. Just a question for Bailey or anybody else trashing Woodson over this. What have the players posted or said about Fife’s departure?
When does this topic just go away? He’s gone. Let’s get on to recruiting and building IU into a blue blood again. Love the Brian Walsh hire. All u need to do is listen to him talk.

I'd really like to hear Zeke cluck in detail, since his/her post directly and undeniably endorsed Rabjohns' version of things.
Wut? I do believe at least part of what Rabjohns says is true. See no reason to lie. Whether he should have put it out there is a question I don’t have the answer to. What did I insinuate I knew the answer to?

I certainly didn't like the way Dakich handled it today. He said the fathers of current IU players and prospective IU players need to approach Mike Woodson and ask him whether he will throw their sons under the bus if they are not playing well. That's the last thing we need is for Dakich to publicly question Woodson's integrity.
What a stupid statement by DD if he said that. Pretty easy to listen to the post game press events of Woodson to know he takes the blame when things don’t go well. He puts that on the coaches from what I recall.

What a stupid statement by DD if he said that. Pretty easy to listen to the post game press events of Woodson to know he takes the blame when things don’t go well. He puts that on the coaches from what I recall.
Lmao. Why does anybody listen to that clown? Ever

Lmao. Why does anybody listen to that clown? Ever
Not sure. Only time I hear a word from his mouth is when somebody else posts about something he said. I cannot listen to DD very long, so I just don’t. His latest BS he has spewed are probably just the death throes of his dying career…

Reactions: hoosierdug
Wut? I do believe at least part of what Rabjohns says is true. See no reason to lie. Whether he should have put it out there is a question I don’t have the answer to. What did I insinuate I knew the answer to?
You "insinuated" you knew the answer to everything you endorsed in your Post No. 263. That's specifically and obviously what I asked that you explain. You could have looked up your own post above my response but apparently didn't.

It's your post I was responding to. It wasn't a mystery. Don't blame me.

Honestly, if Fife himself told Rabjohns all the negative stuff Rabjohns posted about Fife then that's what Rabjohns should have said. It doesn't do any good for someone just to say they "believe" Rabjohns without knowing the source (if there really is a source).

Bailey you know that a program like Indiana, with news of an assistant being let go being as big as it was, stuff was going to come out. Fans are always demanding to knows details, whether it is injuries, curfew violations resulting in suspensions, etc. From all accounts, Fife only has himself to blame for this. I‘ve not heard from anyone, anywhere, that Woodson is anything but a great guy. If Fife somehow burned bridges such that Woodson couldn’t find anyway forward keeping Fife on the staff, knowing how it would look publicly, that’s a pretty damning indictment of how badly Fife was disconnected from the rest of the staff. I certainly wish the best for Dane and don’t think any less of him as a person or player, but the IU basketball program is bigger than any one player or coach.
It was never about him being fired I am fine with that. Would we like the rumors confirmed sure because I have never liked rabjohns and really to not trust him to be honest. I think he is a self serving loud mouth who usually just repeats what somebody else has already said. In this case he supposidly was told this information but I will never trust a thing he says as I think he is a clown. Now if it comes from a more reliable source then sure I would trust it but nothing out of his mouth is anything I would trust.

It was never about him being fired I am fine with that. Would we like the rumors confirmed sure because I have never liked rabjohns and really to not trust him to be honest. I think he is a self serving loud mouth who usually just repeats what somebody else has already said. In this case he supposidly was told this information but I will never trust a thing he says as I think he is a clown. Now if it comes from a more reliable source then sure I would trust it but nothing out of his mouth is anything I would trust.
See, you hit all around the mark, probably because of the way Rabjohns wrote it.

From what some of the others are posting, there may (or may not) have been an interview with Fife in which Fife said, well, said something to Rabjohns of all people.

Neither you nor I know where Rabjohns learned what he posted.

Wow! You got me! What a burn, dick, but I bet you I make a hell of a lot more money than you do, clown. You are probably the guy at the party in the corner nobody talks to so you go online and try an be an internet tough guy behind a keyboard. You get off on your keyboard and even giggle a little while typing your tough guy stuff.
I don't think your post did much to refute his allegation that you're not a high school graduate. I made it better for you though. Just trying to help.

Yikes

Wut? I do believe at least part of what Rabjohns says is true. See no reason to lie. Whether he should have put it out there is a question I don’t have the answer to. What did I insinuate I knew the answer
Can't make this stuff up, can we? Some of these guys are too much. 😂
This is going to end up like the Knight firing. No matter how many wins Woody has some will carry this forward for years if not forever. We went to the national championship game the second season after Knight and still they persist. And before some say these were Knights players and he would have probably done better, we don’t know because it didn’t happen and there’s no way of knowing. U make those assumptions just as people r making assumptions on this situation.

No, my issue is with both. Rabjohns does what IU tells him to do to keep his access to the program. I think most of us can connect the dots and see IU fired Dane Fife and bam here comes a hit piece from Rabjohns making Mike Woodson and IU look like the good guy and fife look like the bad guy. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that IU pushed him to write that. I also have issue with IU's press release. I thought it was harsh and unprofessional.
Aren’t u making assumptions based on no facts just like we all r regarding everything that’s come out? Has IU or Rabjohns told u or anyone else that he had to put these things out? And let’s just assume you’re Rabjohns and they come to u with this. R u sitting on it if they threaten your access? If folks r honest with themselves they probably answer that they’d do the same thing. Maybe they wouldn’t like it but they’d probably do it.
In actuality no one here has any real idea what or how things transpired. We probably won’t ever do we should just move on and support the team. If u can’t get past this then I got nothing for u.

This is going to end up like the Knight firing. No matter how many wins Woody has some will carry this forward for years if not forever. We went to the national championship game the second season after Knight and still they persist. And before some say these were Knights players and he would have probably done better, we don’t know because it didn’t happen and there’s no way of knowing. U make those assumptions just as people r making assumptions on this situation.
What I do know is that coach has never won with a team not with "Knight players"

Reactions: gator mcCluskey
What I do know is that coach has never won with a team not with "Knight players"
Well someone other than Knight coached them to the final game. If Cov isn’t hurt may b a different outcome. U do know that Bob Knight is not coming back don’t u?
Yeah well someone had to coach them to that final game. U have no way of knowing how Knight would have done with this team. U do know Bob Knight is not coming back don’t u?

Well someone other than Knight coached them to the final game. If Cov isn’t hurt may b a different outcome. U do know that Bob Knight is not coming back don’t u?

Yeah well someone had to coach them to that final game. U have no way of knowing how Knight would have done with this team. U do know Bob Knight is not coming back don’t u?
🌈 ☹️

• Haha
Reactions: sparkeyreturns
Same thought here - the only way Woodson can redeem himself for this terrible personal affront is to "win and win big"! 😆
Woody has nothing to redeem himself for. He’s the head coach and Danes boss. If he thought he was a problem and addressed it with him and it continued then it’s insubordination. Don’t know if any or all is true but Woody did what he thought was best for the IU BB program. For that I applaud him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT