ADVERTISEMENT

If Buckner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwcoach

Freshman
Dec 17, 2012
had any balls, and truly loves his Alma mater, he would talk with Woodson and tell him it is time to walk away and realize they both made a mistake. I know that this probably won’t happen but we can always hope. Subject: ad nauseum.

Maybe. Just my view is he won’t do this and will believe Woody can fix this.

Best hope for a coaching change is NIL donors saying I’m not re-upping and paying $ to be ranked #100 and be on the NIT bubble. Or we lose out and the portal is bad (notably departures) and it’s so bad something has to happen.

I have no idea what happen with Woody these are just guesses.

Woody could end all of this gracefully by saying something like, “Man, my work at IU is done. Time for the next coach up, man. I’m retiring at the end of this season and will help IU in anyway possible. Go Hoosiers, man.”

Maybe. Just my view is he won’t do this and will believe Woody can fix this.

Best hope for a coaching change is NIL donors saying I’m not re-upping and paying $ to be ranked #100 and be on the NIT bubble. Or we lose out and the portal is bad (notably departures) and it’s so bad something has to happen.

I have no idea what happen with Woody these are just guesses.
I am gonna send an email and say I will no longer support NIL. Not that it means much, but I have spent probably 50k over the last 2 years. I’ll also offer to do a 50k deal with players if we hire Pearl or beard.

I am gonna send an email and say I will no longer support NIL. Not that it means much, but I have spent probably 50k over the last 2 years. I’ll also offer to do a 50k deal with players if we hire Pearl or beard.
You’re certainly not nothing. And if you feel that way I’d imagine others do to. This might be a situation like Allen: no $ for Allen, but $ for Cig.

A program can’t just take $ from NIL/donors and not show them literally anything on the court.

As a side note, for what it’s worth thanks for the NIL support!

Last edited:
had any balls, and truly loves his Alma mater, he would talk with Woodson and tell him it is time to walk away and realize they both made a mistake. I know that this probably won’t happen but we can always hope. Subject: ad nauseum.
Do these guys REALLY love their university? Or do they just love what the university did for them (or they did for the university?)

I’m probably wrong about this, but I get the feeling from Buckner that he feels like he’s doing IU a solid by hanging around every now and then. Like his mere presence is some magnificent gift.

Woody could end all of this gracefully by saying something like, “Man, my work at IU is done. Time for the next coach up, man. I’m retiring at the end of this season and will help IU in anyway possible. Go Hoosiers, man.”
I think this statement will come after Nebraska beats him and the two road games games after.

Reactions: IUgradman
I think this statement will come after Nebraska beats him and the two road games games after.
If that Japanese kid goes berserk again (in Assembly Hall), it very well could get ugly in a hurry. Back in the day we had players with equal parts ability and pride. They’d refuse to let a guy get whatever he wanted. I’m not certain this crew gives a flip. Boos will be embarrassing and loud.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
This is at least a key of not THE key…. You may be the first domino, Cav

If that Japanese kid goes berserk again (in Assembly Hall), it very well could get ugly in a hurry. Back in the day we had players with equal parts ability and pride. They’d refuse to let a guy get whatever he wanted. I’m not certain this crew gives a flip. Boos will be embarrassing and loud.
Let's hope!

This is near-unwatchable basketball. Kinda like Archie’s last couple teams. Was hopeful Woody restored things the last couple years with big wins/baby-steps, if you will, over PU, UM and Illinois. Instead, that was all TJD, Race and JHS, it appears.

Over 40 years, Like many on here I’m sure, I used to know: who the next next opponent was, where the game was, what time the game was and on what network. Not so much over the last 5 years. Would look forward to having such anticipation again.

That would be an out with dignity. Retire (receive a buy out for incentive) and just state you did not accomplish your goals and will support the next coach in any way possible.

None of my business, but what do you do for a living? That is a lot of extra dollars to have.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I agree with Cav that NIL is a weapon. It can be used to fire a coach, hire a coach, or recruit a player.
I do not know how ours compares to other power 5 schools.

I agree with Cav that NIL is a weapon. It can be used to fire a coach, hire a coach, or recruit a player.
I do not know how ours compares to other power 5 schools.
As boosters have done at some schools for a long time. NIL makes it all legitimate now. For better and for worse.

None of my business, but what do you do for a living? That is a lot of extra dollars to have.
I develop large scale utility solar projects across about 10 states. Also buy and sell IU tickets on the side, can make 50k a year doing that when IU is good. Probably made 25-30k this year, which is insane for how bad we are.

Reactions: Jssanto
Honest question…does this retirement by Woody mean he’d forgo getting the rest of his contracted pay…or whatever the buyout would be?

If there’s no retirement gift that rivals the buyout amount…close to zero percent chance Woody does that. And very few of us would either. Maybe Cav has enough cash to pass up multiple millions of dollars? But Woodys making more now than he ever has. I’m sure he’s got some socked away, but doubt it’s enough to just gift 10 million back to IU…which is what my perception would be what he’d be doing by retiring. Or whatever his buyout is right now.

They will do the opposite they will think they can fix it

Honest question…does this retirement by Woody mean he’d forgo getting the rest of his contracted pay…or whatever the buyout would be?

If there’s no retirement gift that rivals the buyout amount…close to zero percent chance Woody does that. And very few of us would either. Maybe Cav has enough cash to pass up multiple millions of dollars? But Woodys making more now than he ever has. I’m sure he’s got some socked away, but doubt it’s enough to just gift 10 million back to IU…which is what my perception would be what he’d be doing by retiring. Or whatever his buyout is right now.
If he resigns his comp ends at the resignation date. I don’t see anything about retirement — probably because that is his personal decision after leaving. Of course they could negotiate something new.

Reactions: ams66
I develop large scale utility solar projects across about 10 states. Also buy and sell IU tickets on the side, can make 50k a year doing that when IU is good. Probably made 25-30k this year, which is insane for how bad we are.
Do you declare that side gig money? Asking for a friend at the IRS.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT