ADVERTISEMENT

Fife's firing was poorly handled and may not be forgotten

I think Fife, knowing he had the blessing of Dolson and knowing Woody hadn’t ever been in the college game, was thinking the chances of this going south was very likely, therefore he felt the job would be his within a couple years. This certainly explains some of his actions, which appear to be a bit arrogant given his assistant status.
Agreed. And that’s why he didn’t act this way with Izzo.

Agreed. And that’s why he didn’t act this way with Izzo.
What deep info do you have about any of this? You are bringing this down to politics you like vs ones you don't . Do you know Izzo's politics? Do you actually know Woodson's You keep posting about about Fife and conspiracy theories . Then when asked about it you choose instead of answering to feign the blessed I put you on ignore button. You should never be employed by any school system

Reactions: ulrey
I think Fife, knowing he had the blessing of Dolson and knowing Woody hadn’t ever been in the college game, was thinking the chances of this going south was very likely, therefore he felt the job would be his within a couple years. This certainly explains some of his actions, which appear to be a bit arrogant given his assistant status.
Interesting

You are such a trip. You have people reply because you come on here posting all kinds of leftist sh*t. Yet differing opinions are conspiracy theories, then if people call you for it you are being stalked? You post sh*t on a message board and act like no one has a right to call you out about it? Then your ultimate response is, someone doesnt like what I have to say so I put them on ignore. What school system do you work for?
Doesnt zeke this poster believe in conspiracy theories and only one train of though. You know like a facist?

What deep info do you have about any of this? You are bringing this down to politics you like vs ones you don't . Do you know Izzo's politics? Do you actually know Woodson's You keep posting about about Fife and conspiracy theories . Then when asked about it you choose instead of answering to feign the blessed I put you on ignore button. You should never be employed by any school system
Keep your kids in private school is all I can say. I do. I don't want a person like that anywhere near my kid. Scary.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Doesnt zeke this poster believe in conspiracy theories and only one train of though. You know like a facist?
Yes I only have one train of though and I am a “facist.” You’re not doing yourself any favors here. Ignore button round two. Now you two can continue your attacks on me in this thread and ruin it for everyone else. Old internet tough guy. Bye.

Last edited:
Keep your kids in private school is all I can say. I do. I don't want a person like that anywhere near my kid. Scary.
Considering your posting you didn’t stay in school long enough. Try grammar and spelling fourth grade again.

Considering your posting you didn’t stay in school long enough. Try grammar and spelling fourth grade again.
OMG! do you ever go back and read the crap you post? We aren't teachers but regardless we know you aren't fit to be one. Hey, do you rent yourself out as a clown on summer vacation? I have a party coming up and we were looking for one.

OMG! do you ever go back and read the crap you post? We aren't teachers but regardless we know you aren't fit to be one. Hey, do you rent yourself out as a clown on summer vacation? I have a party coming up and we were looking for one.
Lol so true why do you think they choose a profession they can't get fired. from. One where you can stink at your job and still get a raise

I guess in their hood it's ok to team up and bully a woman and basically call her a welfare queen.

How manly.
Welfare queen? So, because she is a woman she should get special treatment while posting crap? I think you are the one demeaning her.

Welfare queen? So, because she is a woman she should get special treatment while posting crap? I think you are the one demeaning her.
Please... take this to the Biologist board. I'm just a simple sports gambler with a better grip on Sanskrit than... whatever this is that you people are on about :)

I really don't give a shit but repeating or believing conspiracies based on internet rumors is a special kind of f**king stupid.
No, my issue is with both. Rabjohns does what IU tells him to do to keep his access to the program. I think most of us can connect the dots and see IU fired Dane Fife and bam here comes a hit piece from Rabjohns making Mike Woodson and IU look like the good guy and fife look like the bad guy. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that IU pushed him to write that. I also have issue with IU's press release. I thought it was harsh and unprofessional.
Maybe turnabout was fair play in this instance. If what has been written about Fife is true then he was being harsh and unprofessional so the university played his game and now people feel somehow he was treated shamefully. I pose again, why isn’t he speaking out in his defense if he was so wronged. Or file suit against Rabjons for slander and defamation. In my business career I’ve lived this exact scenario where I had one of my sales guys telling upper mgmt he could do better. I continued my career with the company while he left and went to a competitor. Couple years later that competitor was getting ready to fire him for theft but he quit just before the ax fell. Point is this kind of thing happens in all walks of life. No need to think bb is different. Regardless of how it was handled, if Woody felt it needed to b done for the program to b successful then I’m 100% behind him.

• Haha
Dumb. His next job will not be the result of a god damned press release. He has plenty of references from three universities.
If we assume and I repeat assume what has been written is true, do u really Fife is hirable at this stage? What coach is going to want an assistant who thinks he’d b a better head coach than the guy who hired him. And what coach at a high major wants an assistant who tells recruits that he doesn’t like NIL? NIL is exactly what the top players and their families r looking for. Again just assuming this is all true. As I have said in previous posts, if this is true and I say if, then Fife is radioactive and no one with half a brain wants to b exposed to radioactivity.

Maybe turnabout was fair play in this instance. If what has been written about Fife is true then he was being harsh and unprofessional so the university played his game and now people feel somehow he was treated shamefully. I pose again, why isn’t he speaking out in his defense if he was so wronged. Or file suit against Rabjons for slander and defamation. In my business career I’ve lived this exact scenario where I had one of my sales guys telling upper mgmt he could do better. I continued my career with the company while he left and went to a competitor. Couple years later that competitor was getting ready to fire him for theft but he quit just before the ax fell. Point is this kind of thing happens in all walks of life. No need to think bb is different. Regardless of how it was handled, if Woody felt it needed to b done for the program to b successful then I’m 100% behind him.
Dane will get another job no problem he has tons of people in his corner. I just heard Don Fischer say he was not happy about this and loves dane. I think most people looking for a coach are not going to base their decision on what a so called journalist named fatjohns says. He guy is a low life imo he seem like a sleazy guy who will do anything for a click.

Dane will get another job no problem he has tons of people in his corner. I just heard Don Fischer say he was not happy about this and loves dane. I think most people looking for a coach are not going to base their decision on what a so called journalist named fatjohns says. He guy is a low life imo he seem like a sleazy guy who will do anything for a click.
Where did you hear the interview with Don Fischer?

Where did you hear the interview with Don Fischer?
Listening to Indy Sports Beat from today. He was talking before the live feed came back on is when he said. Probably thought he was not live. He was talking with Charlie Miller. This is linked on the front page eveyday. Just getting to the part with the world famous Jim Reamer!!!

Reactions: Sobchak_Security

what exactly has been written?

he and Woody didn't get along?

Fife bad mouthed Woody?

"didn't get along", and "badmouthed" are so nebulous and vague that without any specifics, they tell us nothing.

"illegal" is everything from jaywalking to mass murder.

drug violation is anything from taking a toke of weed or a sip of beer under 21, to selling fentanyl by the van load.

"didn't get along" and "bad mouthed" have those same ranges of definition. (and no doubt could and do pertain to any coach assistant relationship)

lots of innocuous innuendo with exactly zero substance, in all the Fife discussions.

with zero specifics, impossible for anyone to make an informed take on anything.

thus, totally "uninformed" rules the day, as usual.

Last edited:
If we assume and I repeat assume what has been written is true, do u really Fife is hirable at this stage? What coach is going to want an assistant who thinks he’d b a better head coach than the guy who hired him. And what coach at a high major wants an assistant who tells recruits that he doesn’t like NIL? NIL is exactly what the top players and their families r looking for. Again just assuming this is all true. As I have said in previous posts, if this is true and I say if, then Fife is radioactive and no one with half a brain wants to b exposed to radioactivity.
"If"
"assume"
"repeat assume"
"just assuming this is all true"
"if this is true"
"if"

Why would a smart guy like you assume "this is all true" and then suggest bad things should happen to him?

• Love
what exactly has been written?

he and Woody didn't get along?

Fife bad mouthed Woody?

"didn't get along", and "badmouthed" are so nebulous and vague that without any specifics, they tell us nothing.

"illegal" is everything from jaywalking to mass murder.

drug violation is anything from taking a toke of weed or a sip of beer under 21, to selling fentanyl by the van load.

"didn't get along" and "bad mouthed" have those same ranges of definition. (and no doubt could and do pertain to any coach assistant relationship)

lots of innocuous innuendo, with exactly zero substance, in all the Fife discussions.

with zero specifics, impossible for anyone to make an informed take on anything.

thus, totally "uninformed" rules the day, as usual.
U might want to look back at the original post that lists the alleged transgressions. This has been going on for a week and u don’t know what’s been said? Pretty specific allegations. U seem to b the only one uninformed.

• Haha
Reactions: zeke4ahs and ulrey
Geez.

Now you say you "lived this exact scenario" as Fife and then compare his story to that of "one of my sales guys" who went to a competitor and "that competitor was getting ready to fire him for theft." I don't believe your story for one moment.

You mentioned "slander and defamation," but I don't think you know much about it (especially your own).

U might want to look back at the original post that lists the alleged transgressions. This has been going on for a week and u don’t know what’s been said? Pretty specific allegations. U seem to b the only one uninformed.
Very vague allegations. No details, no dates, no places, no exact quotes, no witness names.

No doubt they won’t take the word of a journalist. But the major college fraternity is a small community. And your smoking something if u don’t think a coach contemplating hiring Dane would call his previous coach and ask some tough questions. Yeah Dane may have folks in his corner but that different than hiring someone who is undermining your authority and bad mouthing NIL. If u don’t have an effective NIL pitch the top players r not playing for your program. Just the world we now find ourselves not that I agree with it.

wtf?????????

the OP gave exactly zero specifics on anything Fife was alledged to have done. (did you not even read it)?

as for what Woody or IU did, "Fife got a raw deal and was done wrong", doesn't exactly scream specifics either.

Reactions: ulrey and Stuffshot
No doubt they won’t take the word of a journalist. But the major college fraternity is a small community. And your smoking something if u don’t think a coach contemplating hiring Dane would call his previous coach and ask some tough questions. Yeah Dane may have folks in his corner but that different than hiring someone who is undermining your authority and bad mouthing NIL. If u don’t have an effective NIL pitch the top players r not playing for your program. Just the world we now find ourselves not that I agree with it.
Maybe they should call fatjohns who is throwing out all these allegations some are taking as gospel. I guess there is no need for proof anymore just throw out anything and watch it stick. I sill have yet to see hard proof of any of this other than from fatjohns. Like I said Dane will get a job and sooner rather than later.

I do not likje Rabjohns and never have. Most of the crap he says is bs for clicks or by the time he says something accurate it has already been stated by others and he is just repeating it. He just cherry picks info from others and uses it. I have never believed hardly anything he says why would I now. They probably went to him because they knew he would blab it no questions asked period. No sources needed, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stuffshot
Very vague allegations. No details, no dates, no places, no exact quotes, no witness names.
Ah who needs proof just make the allegation that is all it takes these days and you start start the slander campaign. Many took it as gospel and fatjohns is probably pounding his chest.

Reactions: Chris A.
Wait a second -- above you posted at least twice that you were assuming what was said about Fife was true.

Now you're saying "a coach contemplating hiring Dane would call his previous coach and ask some tough questions." Why would the hirer do that when you said above we could just assume everything said about him was true?
finally-its-flip-its-flip-flop-season-25306607.png

This isn’t a watergate investigation. And the allegations were not vague. Telling recruits, AAU coaches that the head coach isn’t going to b around long and I’m taking over is not vague. Not returning critical calls such that the head coach has to b called and ask if Fife could return his calls. Bringing politics into the locker room and told to cease but saying he would do so anyway and continued. I would imagine the players brought that to Woodys attention because some may not like what he’s pushing. They r there to play bb. If Dane wants to impart his political views then he should teach a poly science course at the university. Again not vague. A story like this isn’t going to get police investigation like detail. I would suspect more will come out down the road. For now you will have to accept that the head coach made a coaching decision that he thought was best to get the program moving in the right direction. As boss that’s his call. And as had been said before. If this was anyone other than Dane Fife all anyone would have been asking is who’s his replacement and can he recruit?

Maybe they should call fatjohns who is throwing out all these allegations some are taking as gospel. I guess there is no need for proof anymore just throw out anything and watch it stick. I sill have yet to see hard proof of any of this other than from fatjohns. Like I said Dane will get a job and sooner rather than later.

hard proof of "what" exactly??????

enquiring minds want to know.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
Wait a second -- above you posted at least twice that you were assuming what was said about Fife was true.

Now you're saying "a coach contemplating hiring Dane would call his previous coach and ask some tough questions." Why would the hirer do that when you said above we could just assume everything said about him was true?
finally-its-flip-its-flip-flop-season-25306607.png
I said that assume for doubters like yourself. I wholly believe what’s been said because I have some personal experience with Mr. Fife. I won’t divulge any further even though many will complain I’m making it up or that how can they believe me when I don’t give specifics. And I say to all the doubters that I know what I know and I’ll leave it at that.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT