ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Trump: Donald Trump literally saved Christianity

My wife has the Michael Cohen book on audible and played for me the part about Trump meeting the Evangelicals.

The Evangelicals met with and prayed with DJT and insisted that they "lay hands on him", which DJT hates. But if he gets their support / votes, it could be big. So he did it.

He put up with it for well over an hour, then the Evangelical group left, leaving DJT alone with Cohen. Once alone, they both started laughing at the same time, with DJT saying "Can you believe that they buy into all of that bullshit?"

My wife has the Michael Cohen book on audible and played for me the part about Trump meeting the Evangelicals.

The Evangelicals met with and prayed with DJT and insisted that they "lay hands on him", which DJT hates. But if he gets their support / votes, it could be big. So he did it.

He put up with it for well over an hour, then the Evangelical group left, leaving DJT alone with Cohen. Once alone, they both started laughing at the same time, with DJT saying "Can you believe that they buy into all of that bullshit?"

Goes to show that if you have some void in your life and seek an answer so desperately... and Donald J Trump is your answer.... something is wrong with that calculus. 🙄

As the newfound savior of Christianity, I wonder what he thinks of his third wife saying she doesn't give a sh!t about Christmas?
I may have mentioned this in another thread, or it may have been on the other site, but I have relatives right now who are trying to convince me that they actually remember when Obama banned Christianity, and are grateful that Trump brought it back.

I may have mentioned this in another thread, or it may have been on the other site, but I have relatives right now who are trying to convince me that they actually remember when Obama banned Christianity, and are grateful that Trump brought it back.
What, you don't remember that? Main reason I liked Obama as much as I did. That was badass.

What, you don't remember that? Main reason I liked Obama as much as I did. That was badass.

tenor.gif

Reactions: UncleMark

I really don't understand how there's any logic in this evangelical garbage that goes that "Trump being President was arranged by God so we must support him even though he's 'not a perfect vessel'", but omniscient/all-powerful God skips the elections where Dems win.

And if you actually read the Bible, it's pretty clear that God was pretty content to sit out for a lot of Israel/Palestine's history.

I honestly don't get it. I won't speak about your relatives specifically, but generally speaking I think Evangelical/Christian folks are making huge leaps to justify their support of Trump. 3 3/4 years into it they're fully invested and need to rationalize it anyway they can even if that means revisionism, 'alternate facts' and anything else that sticks to the wall.

I honestly don't get it. I won't speak about your relatives specifically, but generally speaking I think Evangelical/Christian folks are making huge leaps to justify their support of Trump. 3 3/4 years into it they're fully invested and need to rationalize it anyway they can even if that means revisionism, 'alternate facts' and anything else that sticks to the wall.
Nobody likes admitting they were wrong. And the hardcore supporters probably live, work and hang around like thinking people. So if they have a moment of doubt the their social bumpers push them back into the fold.

It is the craziest shit I've ever seen and it speaks, I think, to the enormous power of the Trump propaganda machine. These are the same people who slammed Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct and called Obama, a faithful and dedicated husband and father, the anti-Christ.

And in my experience, these so-called Christians rarely cite the gospels and the central tenets of Christianity about compassion, kindness, and treating others the way you want to be treated. They prefer the Old Testament fire and brimstone, eye for an eye, drama.

It is the craziest shit I've ever seen and it speaks, I think, to the enormous power of the Trump propaganda machine. These are the same people who slammed Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct and called Obama, a faithful and dedicated husband and father, the anti-Christ.

And in my experience, these so-called Christians rarely cite the gospels and the central tenets of Christianity about compassion, kindness, and treating others the way you want to be treated. They prefer the Old Testament fire and brimstone, eye for an eye, drama.

There's no fire or brimstone. Only cushy seats and praise bands. Those people think that by sucking up to "Jesus" they've punched their ticket to eternal bliss, and as long as they pay "Jesus" lip service (and the preacher cash), they'll be forgiven for any damned thing they want to do.

These days the deal require that they revere Trump, but that's no sweat because he's telling them what they want to hear, anyhow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT