ADVERTISEMENT

End of Purdue - Wisconsin Game Last Night

Crossblock

Senior
Jan 8, 2019
Did anyone else see the end of that game last night? Wisconsin had a great night from the Free Throw Line Overall making something like 20 of 21 for the game. In the last two minutes, they scored 8 or 10 consecutive points on free throws. Not only that, they got the ball in the hands of the two guys they wanted on the line at the end of the game no matter what the situation (Davison and Pritzl) Didn't matter if it was a pass or hand off after a rebound, or out of bounds play against the press. These guys knew what they wanted to accomplish and how to do it. Several of the free throws these guys hit looked like they were so clean, they didn't touch the rim.

But we're Indiana. We couldn't possibly recruit a couple of guards with 2 or 3 star ratings who can't jump over buildings in a single bound, can't catch speeding bullets in there teeth, but only know who to play hard at both ends of the Court, Know how to play team ball and function in the Offense, and know how to close out the end of the game. God knows, we would never be able to figure out how to use two kids like that. We would much rather recruit an Athletic Freak masquerading as a Basketball Player and then scratch our heads and wonder why we can't win basketball games.

Last edited:
Reactions: ufo33
Did anyone else see the end of that game last night? Wisconsin had a great night from the Free Throw Line Overall making something like 20 of 21 for the game. In the last two minutes, they scored 8 or 10 consecutive points on free throws. Not only that, they got the ball in the hands of the two guys they wanted on the line at the end of the game no matter what the situation (Davison and Pritzl) Didn't matter if it was a pass or hand off after a rebound, or out of bounds play against the press. These guys knew what they wanted to accomplish and how to do it. Several of the free throws these guys hit looked like they were so clean, they didn't touch the rim.

But we're Indiana. We couldn't possibly recruit a couple of white guards with 2 or 3 star ratings who have 25 inch vertical jumps, but only know who to play hard at both ends of the Court, Know how to play team ball and function in the Offense, and know how to close out the end of the game. God knows, we would never be able to figure out how to use two kids like that.
If the Martian Manhunter had a couple of sons who were green and could shoot I would be all for it. Skin color is not the problem at Indiana.

But we're Indiana. We couldn't possibly recruit a couple of white guards with 2 or 3 star ratings who have 25 inch vertical jumps, but only know who to play hard at both ends of the Court, Know how to play team ball and function in the Offense, and know how to close out the end of the game. God knows, we would never be able to figure out how to use two kids like that.

I feel like over the last 20 years IU has blown a chance to be a less-boring, more skilled program with Wisconsin-like qualities of toughness, selflessness, discipline.....along the lines of a Virginia + program.....

It seems like the basketball gods are throwing Wisconsin basketball in our face just to further embarrass us........

Gard has his share of critics, but UW is third in the conference right now, and that’s after losing Happ and Kobe King. Pretty impressive effort from him.

Gard has his share of critics, but UW is third in the conference right now, and that’s after losing Happ and Kobe King. Pretty impressive effort from him.

It seems like he's survived.........their prospects at the beginning of the year seemed pretty bleak......that roster is pretty poor.....and Wisky fans were wanting a little more after their recent national success. Now I see they've got 3 3* types, all rated in the 120-200 range, committed for '21. They'll probably chug along now and be a national player again in 3-4 years..........

Skin color doesn’t make a bit of difference. We need basketball players that are willing to work, dive on the floor, and make winning basketball plays. Our guys are more worried about how high they can jump.

Reactions: ufo33
It seems like he's survived.........their prospects at the beginning of the year seemed pretty bleak......that roster is pretty poor.....and Wisky fans were wanting a little more after their recent national success. Now I see they've got 3 3* types, all rated in the 120-200 range, committed for '21. They'll probably chug along now and be a national player again in 3-4 years..........
You’re probably right. And he has solid support from Alvarez, so he’s secure. They’ll always be a tough out because of the way they play and how well they’re coached.

Reactions: Radio Zero

What's the relevance of them being white? You don't want black kids who can make FT's? C'mon people, think before you post. And, I've been a huge critic of CAM not signing a shooter w 2 open spots this year, so I'm down with the thought, but I could care less if they are purple with pink polka-dots. Oh and BTW, take a look at next year's class, might make you happy if they can make FTs!

Are white people the only people who can shoot jump shots and free throws?

I guess nobody ever sent that memo to Seth Curry & James Hardin!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Heck, I'd even be cool with another orange man if he could shoot...

Reactions: outlawyer
What's the relevance of them being white? You don't want black kids who can make FT's? C'mon people, think before you post. And, I've been a huge critic of CAM not signing a shooter w 2 open spots this year, so I'm down with the thought, but I could care less if they are purple with pink polka-dots. Oh and BTW, take a look at next year's class, might make you happy if they can make FTs!
Skin color isn't relevant. My point is that we try to recruit athletic freaks masquerading as basketball players rather than guys who can actually play with energy, passion, and a high basketball IQ.

Speaking of free throws in that game, how does Nojel Eastern have a release that awful? It's like he is trying to miss.

Reactions: kkott
Skin color isn't relevant. My point is that we try to recruit athletic freaks masquerading as basketball players rather than guys who can actually play with energy, passion, and a high basketball IQ.

No, it's not. May I suggest you employ the white edit button at the bottom of your post?

Your point is well taken, but Davison and Pritzl were both highly regarded recruits. Davison was rated 4 stars by all three of our free online services and Pritzl was ranked #74 in his class. So basically, they would have both been considered good gets for IU or any other Big 10 team. These kind of kids are pretty much what we've got coming in next season in Galloway, Leal and Geronimo.

You had me at lesser starred gym rats who can shoot the lights out to compliment big time recruits with NBA athletic skills. You lost me completely at the "white guards" part. Simply replace those two words with "good shooting" and you were there, (and less racist by implying black guards can't be good shooters)

Speaking of free throws in that game, how does Nojel Eastern have a release that awful? It's like he is trying to miss.

Ya, it's been crazy to watch the evolution of that shot. He had some bad coaching early on to not correct that shot and it will likely cost him an NBA career. The general word on the street is that the kid works really hard and puts the time in, he's just too far gone to change it completely.

Purple with pink polka-dots would seriously clash with candy stripes. JS

Ya, it's been crazy to watch the evolution of that shot. He had some bad coaching early on to not correct that shot and it will likely cost him an NBA career. The general word on the street is that the kid works really hard and puts the time in, he's just too far gone to change it completely.
No nba career for No O.

Skin color doesn’t make a bit of difference. We need basketball players that are willing to work, dive on the floor, and make winning basketball plays. Our guys are more worried about how high they can jump.
Instead of competitions in vertical leap.
How about a Free Throw competition?
An actual in game basketball skill needed to close out and win close games.

Instead of competitions in vertical leap.
How about a Free Throw competition?
An actual in game basketball skill needed to close out and win close games.

Good call. Teams should replace the dunk contest with FT shooting contest at Midnight Madness.

Reactions: outlawyer
I did not read racism into the post. I assume the reference to “white guards” made by someone was because the two named athletes are both white? He never said “white guards” that I saw.
I will re read.
I think we all just want a player that tries hard in practice and games. And 50% from behind the arc would be good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT