ADVERTISEMENT

Guard play KU KSU

We won’t get Queen and Davi’s
Unlikely with how our season has unfolded, I agree. I do think Woody probably still has some pull, however, on the recruiting trail, and if Ware and Reneau keep putting up numbers, and Ware gets drafted and Reneau's NBA stock rises...I wouldn't be surprised if we got Queen.

Woody is going to have to figure out how to credibly pitch a different offensive/defensive approach though, to get any high level guards to consider Indiana this offseason. Queen is probably still a possibility, Davis a long shot, unless he's pulled to IU by Queen somehow.

If I'm a betting man, I put money on both of them ending up at Maryland though.

Walker has been our most productive bench player. Banks has been the least. That's not saying Walker's been a good bench player.
walker is a 5th year senior; we lose tonight the season is over. has he played better than banks yes, why not give the younger guy some extended minutes to see what he can do? same with Gunn, as bad as he's been at time let him play 25 minutes one game to see if he is salvageable. it's hard to play in 2- or 3-minute spurts knowing that if you make a mistake you're going to the bench.

walker is a 5th year senior; we lose tonight the season is over. has he played better than banks yes, why not give the younger guy some extended minutes to see what he can do? same with Gunn, as bad as he's been at time let him play 25 minutes one game to see if he is salvageable. it's hard to play in 2- or 3-minute spurts knowing that if you make a mistake you're going to the bench.
Okay, I get ya ...

Banks has been pretty much horrendous though in the minutes he's has played.

Woodson doesn't strike me as a guy that would ever think this way. Not many coaches do. Who's playing the best right now, in practices and games? Who gives them the best chance at winning, right now?

If its a tossup, sure...maybe then the younger kid gets the nod to build more for the future. But very, very few coaches are going to sacrifice immediate results for the chance at future results.

Reactions: ams66
Woodson doesn't strike me as a guy that would ever think this way. Not many coaches do. Who's playing the best right now, in practices and games? Who gives them the best chance at winning, right now?

If its a tossup, sure...maybe then the younger kid gets the nod to build more for the future. But very, very few coaches are going to sacrifice immediate results for the chance at future results.
the immediate results are obvious and they aint good. this team will pack it in if we lose tonight.

the immediate results are obvious and they aint good. this team will pack it in if we lose tonight.
Not sure what would change the team's mood from a loss tonight versus Saturday's loss? But for sure, losing to a poor OSU team wouldn't help morale.

I just don't think that sways Woody to "throw in the towel" and start playing guys like Gunn and Banks, who he obviously hasn't believed in much this year.

Not sure what would change the team's mood from a loss tonight versus Saturday's loss? But for sure, losing to a poor OSU team wouldn't help morale.

I just don't think that sways Woody to "throw in the towel" and start playing guys like Gunn and Banks, who he obviously hasn't believed in much this year.
Is there a difference in the deep mind of Quinn between a 15-point loss and a 30-point loss? That’s actually the crux of the matter Woody needs to figure out. Keeping those 2 (and any of the 10 walkons) on the bench might keep future losses from high single digits to mid double figures.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7
Excellent point. It’s startling how different most decent teams play than IU. Fundamentals used to be the incredibly strong foundation in Bloomington. How Woody has forgotten that is bizarre to me.
He has not forgotten.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT