ADVERTISEMENT

Economic hellscape -- I wish everyone would read this

But when people ask if they are better or worse off than four years prior… they feel this

fredgraph.png
Employed? This chart has more to do with employment than CoL, at least over the short run.

Edit: Hit the 5 year button to compare. I can't remember how to post the chart like you did.

Edit: It's basically showing that the jobs that were lost were at the lower end of the pay scale. Which is usually the case.

Last edited:
Employed? This chart has more to do with employment than CoL, at least over the short run.

Edit: Hit the 5 year button to compare. I can't remember how to post the chart like you did.
This is all very simple. Look at 2021-2022. This is what people. This is what people care re the “economy.” That’s it. Common sense.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

This is all very simple. Look at 2021-2022. This is what people. This is what people care re the “economy.” That’s it. Common sense.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/
It is very simple. Misplaced anger and the inability to understand cause and effect. And the lack of awareness wrt the ability of Presidents to control certain matters.

Tariffs, tax cuts, no tax on tips, and demanding the FED lower rates regardless of economic conditions, won't help your proclaimed grievances. Biden made a mistake 3 years ago. He's not done it since. Your guy is suggesting bigger mistakes...after the fact.

And he lied. Tried to steal an election. And has been deemed unfit by those who know him best.

Reactions: UncleMark
It is very simple. Misplaced anger and the inability to understand cause and effect. And the lack of awareness wrt the ability of Presidents to control certain matters.

Tariffs, tax cuts, no tax on tips, and demanding the FED lower rates regardless of economic conditions, won't help your proclaimed grievances. Biden made a mistake 3 years ago. He's not done it since. Your guy is suggesting bigger mistakes...after the fact.

And he lied. Tried to steal an election. And has been deemed unfit by those who know him best.
Oh no no no. Biden didn’t make a mistake. That’s progressive policy. That’s cradle to grave benefits. Opportunity of outcomes. Harris and $45k in freebies and no student loans. Don’t make that mistake. Don’t try and sanitize their motivations. That’s ideology. And as for Biden they didn’t change. Their policies were so bad Dems cut them off then they lost the house. Things improved thereafter. You’re again trying to sanitize their behavior through revisionist misdirection

We have a record.

So has the second most lib senator this century who chose a progressive running mate changed her stripes? I’m not willing to make that bet

Team Trump Vance musk rfk Jr all day long. I’ll take smart people over the progressive band of average social workers

Last edited:
Oh no no no. Biden didn’t make a mistake. That’s progressive policy. That’s cradle to grave benefits. Opportunity of outcomes. Harris and $45k in freebies and no student loans. Don’t make that mistake. Don’t try and sanitize their motivations. That’s ideology. And as for Biden they didn’t change. Their policies were so bad Dems cut them off then they lost the house. Things improved thereafter. You’re again trying to sanitize their behavior through revisionist misdirection

We have a record.

So has the second most lib senator this century who chose a progressive running mate changed her stripes? I’m not willing to make that bet

Team Trump Vance musk rfk Jr all day long. I’ll take smart people over the progressive band of average social workers
Like most people on this board, I despise my choices. If I were king, I would do things differently than both. But in this instance I will vote for the least likely to become king.

Reactions: UncleMark
Like most people on this board, I despise my choices. If I were king, I would do things differently than both. But in this instance I will vote for the least likely to become king.
You have little understanding of our system if that’s what you fear

The king stuff is such an illusory meritless hyperbolic claim. The guy if anything was too deferential to lifelong gov aids. Shit he turned out national crisis over to fauci.

As for the election. He never holed up with a militia. He filed civil lawsuits in the court. Then when he got charged, with indictments that were politically motivated as literally campaigned on, he surrendered himself to court.

The king stuff. The fascism stuff. It’s a distraction by a vapid party led by social workers.

I look forward to the Dems getting THEIR party back

Aren’t you coloring the situation by using the minimizing, pejorative term “proclaimed grievances?”

What do you call the issues that Democrats complain of? “Real issues?”

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The king stuff is such an illusory meritless hyperbolic claim. The guy if anything was too deferential to lifelong gov aids. Shit he turned out national crisis over to fauci.

As for the election. He never holed up with a militia. He filed civil lawsuits in the court. Then when he got charged, with indictments that were politically motivated as literally campaigned on, he surrendered himself to court.

The king stuff. The fascism stuff. It’s a distraction by a vapid party led by social workers.

I look forward to the Dems getting THEIR party back
He, and now his VP, still haven't conceded the 2020 election. That is unprecedented. That’s not made up. Citing the two women from Georgia as evidence, wasn't made up. False electors wasn't made up. Jan 6th wasn't made up. The phone calls to the SoS of Georgia and Arizona were not made up. His refusal to listen to his own AG was not made up.

At one point, people on this board said that ANTIFA caused Jan 6th. Now, they're patriots that need pardoned?

DJT didn't ask for the Georgia SoS to make sure the election was fair. He asked him to find the votes he needed.

DJT ran for President and announced the first day he was eligible, so he could claim persecution. He's never provided evidence to support his claims of winning. All the evidence is to the contrary.

And it's not just Dems. It's also Republicans that put country over personal ambition. Barr said he got tired of playing whack-a-mole with all the fraudulent claims. It was frankly bullshit. Only the best people. I could cite dozens more.

Why would you risk the republic for him? He doesn't deserve it. All these things are available for anyone to see/hear/read. He's guilty as sin and is using the system to prevent/delay justice. Would you send your kids/grandkids to a day care that had a known predator working there? If there was this much evidence against the predator, would you send them because he simply hadn't had his day in court? I wouldn't either.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
He, and now his VP, still haven't conceded the 2020 election. That is unprecedented. That’s not made up. Citing the two women from Georgia as evidence, wasn't made up. False electors wasn't made up. Jan 6th wasn't made up. The phone calls to the SoS of Georgia and Arizona were not made up. His refusal to listen to his own AG was not made up.

At one point, people on this board said that ANTIFA caused Jan 6th. Now, they're patriots that need pardoned?

DJT didn't ask for the Georgia SoS to make sure the election was fair. He asked him to find the votes he needed.

DJT ran for President and announced the first day he was eligible, so he could claim persecution. He's never provided evidence to support his claims of winning. All the evidence is to the contrary.

And it's not just Dems. It's also Republicans that put country over personal ambition. Barr said he got tired of playing whack-a-mole with all the fraudulent claims. It was frankly bullshit. Only the best people. I could cite dozens more.

Why would you risk the republic for him? He doesn't deserve it. All these things are available for anyone to see/hear/read. He's guilty as sin and is using the system to prevent/delay justice. Would you send your kids/grandkids to a day care that had a known predator working there? If there was this much evidence against the predator, would you send them because he simply hadn't had his day in court? I wouldn't either.
Using the courts and staying within the system is conceding.

Aren’t you coloring the situation by using the minimizing, pejorative term “proclaimed grievances?”

What do you call the issues that Democrats complain of? “Real issues?”
I don't know him well enough to know that his claimed grievance is his actual grievance. Something tells me helping the common man isn’t the only reason he's so invested in this election. BICBW.

If helping the common man with inflation is his number one concern, tariffs, and tax cuts for corporations and the rich, are a strange way to show it.

Yup. You presently have an enormous number of folks paying zero income taxes who would get whacked hoot
That's why it would require a rebate to those people, so it basically zeroes out for them - or they come out ahead, depending on their spending and the size of the rebate. Some VAT plans pay a rebate to everyone with the idea that it zeroes out additional cost of basic necessities. Another feature is that it ensures that everyone is paying the tax, so it includes illegals who purchase anything and all the tourists and foreign students - basically every non-citizen is adding revenue to the US government.

I really like the concept, but it would have to be coupled with ending the income tax completely.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Using the courts and staying within the system is conceding.
No it's not.

Concede

verb
admit that something is true or valid after first denying or resisting it.
"I had to concede that I'd overreacted"
Similar:
admit
acknowledge
accept
allow
grant
recognize
own
confess
agree
take on board
Opposite:
deny

Edit: It's basically showing that the jobs that were lost were at the lower end of the pay scale. Which is usually the case.

I don't believe that is correct.

The Definition:

Data measure usual weekly earnings of wage and salary workers. Wage and salary workers are workers who receive wages, salaries, commissions, tips, payment in kind, or piece rates. The group includes employees in both the private and public sectors but, for the purposes of the earnings series, it excludes all self-employed persons, both those with incorporated businesses and those with unincorporated businesses.
Usual weekly earnings represent earnings before taxes and other deductions and include any overtime pay, commissions, or tips usually received (at the main job in the case of multiple jobholders).

My Explanation:

This chart is actually ideal to use because it keeps the comparison on the same level (apples-to-apples) by comparing real weekly wages of those with employment. In other words, it is not factoring in those that are not employed, self-employed, etc.

The reason you see such a spike was because of the massive deflation that occurred during lockdowns, while people were still get paid their typical wages. Even those that were forced to take furloughs or less money as a % of the total had far fewer expenses since nobody was driving, dining, entertaining, etc.

My Point:

Secondly, that isn't my point. I'm not trying to compare against the peak. I'm simply saying real wages are FLAT vs. quarters prior to COVID. That followed years of growth from 2014-2019.

Reactions: Digressions
No it's not.

Concede

verb
admit that something is true or valid after first denying or resisting it.
"I had to concede that I'd overreacted"
Similar:
admit
acknowledge
accept
allow
grant
recognize
own
confess
agree
take on board
Opposite:
deny
If that’s your rationale for not voting trump - his Jan 6 behavior- I don’t agree with it but I’m okay with it, particularly if you’re center or left o

Reactions: Digressions
I don't know him well enough to know that his claimed grievance is his actual grievance. Something tells me helping the common man isn’t the only reason he's so invested in this election. BICBW.

If helping the common man with inflation is his number one concern, tariffs, and tax cuts for corporations and the rich, are a strange way to show it.
You’re using language there that Dem partisans use to describe 70+ million Trump voters, and have been for 8 years. That’s what I’m addressing.

Overall avg stats re the economy have little bearing on an individual’s personal economic situation. Whether a president’s policies truly caused or exacerbated that personal situation can be debated—but not that many, many people are doing worse in today’s economy (and yes, many, many people are doing better).

Why should the W. Virginia coal miner who lost his job due, in part in his mind to the environmental policies of a progressive, care that people on Wall Street are killing it? Or that people in AZ have new jobs in the solar farm industry? Or that a gig economy in large metropolises developed to cater to people too lazy to go pick up their food order?

And can you imagine that person’s anger when his situation is described as just a “feeling” or a “proclaimed grievance?”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT