ADVERTISEMENT

Dems vote down aid to Israel stand-alone package

Couldn't be that they're playing political games with aid to Israel, could it?

Israel, Taiwan, Ukraine and the border should each be addressed separately, with unique bills and dedicated funding.

Stop the damn bundling shit.

Reactions: UncleMark
Israel, Taiwan, Ukraine and the border should each be addressed separately, with unique bills and dedicated funding.

Don't let Flo hear you say that...

1p4vbl.jpg

100% single issue bills from now on !
New paint on lane markers in Idaho........... Single GD issue !

Both sides bundle. And it is called negotiating. If pubs want to help Israel then they have to help Ukraine and Gaza.

Because they're accusing Republicans - and Trump, in particular - for playing politics with the bill.
They did play politics with the bill.

It was republicans that wanted to bundle the bill in the first place

It was republicans that wanted to have more stringent asylum rules.

It was then republicans that said nah. We don't want it anymore because Trump thinks it will hurt him in nov

They did play politics with the bill.

It was republicans that wanted to bundle the bill in the first place

It was republicans that wanted to have more stringent asylum rules.

It was then republicans that said nah. We don't want it anymore because Trump thinks it will hurt him in nov
I know I've hit home when you become hysterical. How many times are you going to post the same thing, Skippy?

'Splain why he would do that, please. I honestly don't get it. Is it just because it comes from a Republican House?
NO nothing for Ukraine, Gaza or the Asia Pacific. the gop are in Putin pocket because trump is in Putin pocket

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Because only 14 Republicans voted against it and only 40-some (43?) Dems voted for it.

Pretty basic math.
Sounds like it didn't have enough support on both sides. Normally when some putz blames it solely on one party, it's the majority party who votes in partisan fashion. In this case, not only are you blaming the minority party, but you discount that it carried 43 Democrats.

You're struggling more than the bill.

Sounds like it didn't have enough support on both sides. Normally when some putz blames it solely on one party, it's the majority party who votes in partisan fashion. In this case, not only are you blaming the minority party, but you discount that it carried 43 Democrats.

You're struggling more than the bill.
A majority of Republicans voted for it. A majority of Dems voted against it.

It's rare for any bill to get 100% of one Party's vote. This is on the Dems.

A majority of Republicans voted for it. A majority of Dems voted against it.

It's rare for any bill to get 100% of one Party's vote. This is on the Dems.
Been a rough week for the Speaker. 43 votes from Democrats on a funding bill, and he can't get it passed.

Kind of like you saying you don't know if Biden would enforce immigration and border rules.
Whatever you need it to be.

I try to be objective and when I get called out by both sides in one thread I know i am doing something right.

.... an ant-Semite would say

Putting aside anti semitism for the moment, am wondering how the 17 billion for Israel was determined.

In a normal year our aid to Israel is a mere 3 billion with most of it being spent on the military. Israel's annual military budget being in the 22 billion range.

Given this the bill's 17 billion seems extraordinarily generous to me.

Last edited:
Whatever you need it to be.

I try to be objective and when I get called out by both sides in one thread I know i am doing something right.
Sorry, but you're not objective when it comes to anything related to Trump. You're just not.

Putting aside anti semitism for the moment, am wondering how the 17 billion for Israel was determined.

In a normal year our aid to Israel is a mere 3 billion with most of it being spent on the military. Israel's annual budget being in the 22 billion range.

Given this the bill's 17 billion seems extraordinarily generous to me.
I'm sure it's going to take a lot to refit Israel's military. It seems like a lot, but we can't afford any of it now anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT