ADVERTISEMENT

Damn Taylor Swift tickets are expensive!

My girlfriend and I went to a Gordon Lightfoot show a couple years ago (we have a running Gordon Lightfoot, Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald joke that I stole from Bob and Tom....hey moving to Minnesota where they were blocked out by KQ has its advantages) and holll lee fuuuuuuu###$k were we, at 50, by far the youngest in the room.

It is pretty cool. When I worked downtown Mpls I used to park behind the Target Center (which is now Target Field) and it was always a trip walking through the crowds in my middle management suck up suits depending on who was performing.

One time it was all cougars and tweens for the Backstreet Boys then the next night it was a scene out of the Walking Dead for Marilyn Manson. Then one a pack of good ol boys in wranglers and cowboy hats nearly fell on me as they exploded out of the bar cuz Garth was in town.

That was always a pretty cool experience simply trying to go home.
I have never seen Gordon, I wish I would as I love his music.

I was attending Gencon one year and there was a One Direction concert going on at the stadium. It was crazy, geeks and tweens jammed together on the sidewalks.

I feel the need to step in and stop you before you do something you regret, like posting a Swift song in the music thread. That would f*uck with my head as I think you have an impeccable taste in music that runs deep, and wide ranging. 😊 Now you’ll tell me Swift is part of that wide ranging thing!
Yeah, won’t do that. She’s talented, but lots of people are talented at stuff I don’t much care about.

Reactions: Morrison
She’s actually really talented, imo. I know TMP will be here to yell at me any moment but I genuinely think she’s good.

Confession time- we are never getting back together is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Kiss my ass.
I always want to post random songs in the music thread just to have @T.M.P. degrade me. I’m easily amused 🤣

The next Taylor Swift song I hear will be the first.

Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin and Linda Ronstadt weep.
Why am I envisioning a gray’ing retriever with a leg hump fetish , humping hardwood turntable consoles?

I have never seen Gordon, I wish I would as I love his music.

I was attending Gencon one year and there was a One Direction concert going on at the stadium. It was crazy, geeks and tweens jammed together on the sidewalks.
I heard that it is very $$$ but she sings over 40 songs,, which sounds insane to me. Could that be correct?
Yes. Apparently it’s 3 hours plus

I have no clue why poeple would pay the money and all of the hassle to hear songs you can listen to at home.

Inflation ain’t hurting her. Mercy.

my first concert cost $7.

so glad i was young when concerts were cheap, the greatest acts in rock history were still young, no gestapo security, and you could burn one during the show and no one cared in the slightest.

then everything was ruined.

Reactions: UncleMark
my first real concert cost $7.

so glad i was young when concerts were cheap, the greatest acts in rock history were still young, no gestapo security, and you could burn one during the show and no one cared in the slightest.

then everything was ruined.
Smelling that nasty skunk shit for 3 hours isn’t my idea of fun. But you don’t care. Me me me me me me me me me me me

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: larsIU and hoosboot
Maybe… lol
images

She’s not singing about big dick energy and shit
Well as mark noted, she’s now single and Pete Davidson is still out there. Give it time.
My high school had four Debbie Gibsons. One Tiffany. And one prince dressed and made up identically.

I’ve been having my daughter watch those old cheesy movies. Pretty in pink some kind of wonderful fast times

Breakfast Club actually spurred a conversation.

My daughter just told me her and her friends are also on the waitlist. They have a sleepover planned, leading into ticket-buying party. She's hopeful.
My guess is the waitlist is just a blackhole. There has to be a lawsuit somewhere. Isn’t this what you do? I once was talking to the great willie Gary about a case years ago and he looked at me and goes: now that’d be a great case. If it was on behalf of everyone. Everywhere.

This is on behalf of everyone. Everywhere.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Just last night my wife asked me if I wanted to go to one of TS’s three Indy shows. I declined for the same reason I refused to see the Barbie movie with her. It’s called male pride. Give me some of ‘dat pink that stinks!

My guess is the waitlist is just a blackhole. There has to be a lawsuit somewhere. Isn’t this what you do? I once was talking to the great willie Gary about a case years ago and he looked at me and goes: now that’d be a great case. If it was on behalf of everyone. Everywhere.

This is on behalf of everyone. Everywhere.
What is incredible is that given this demand, TayTay could easily play to 100,000+ audiences at her current ticket prices, acrross the world.

Which leads to this:

What is incredible is that given this demand, TayTay could easily play to 100,000+ audiences at her current ticket prices, acrross the world.

Which leads to this:

seriously never heard of Jean Michel Jarre until right now......i am always the last to know.

Which leads to this:

Tay Tay?

You said "Tay Tay"?

1. Shake it, er, make it while you still can.

2. My son's current chica and her mom were in the Nashville rain concert. They cared deeply.

"Tay Tay" can't do THIS:

or this:

• Love
Reactions: larsIU and Morrison
Does she sing on stage or is this a choreographed act with lip synching? I've heard way too many adults talking about her coming to indy.

Does she sing on stage or is this a choreographed act with lip synching? I've heard way too many adults talking about her coming to indy.
I just looked it up. Says she sings but for certain songs uses backing tracks. I don’t know what that is. Always makes me think of the great milli vanilli. Mtv spring break. Downtown Julie brown. And that poor milli vanilli guy who killed himself.

Did you miss when she broke the internet the day tickets went on sale? My niece is talking her little one in Chicago. I didn’t even ask how much. I like her too, I think lots of the moms do, which is why they will pay outrageous prices.
She’s the biggest music star in the world. I saw that she’s outsold Beyoncé’s tour by 6X. She’ll be a billionaire soon.

She’s the biggest music star in the world. I saw that she’s outsold Beyoncé’s tour by 6X. She’ll be a billionaire soon.
Beyoncé is here I guess next week. Not sold out. I was just looking on vivid etc for Taylor swift 2024 and Indy tix are the most expensive. Cheaper in Miami and New Orleans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT