ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol in lockdown

MAGA domestic terrorism needs to be met with appropriate force. I don't understand the lack of preparedness. Tear gas, fire hoses, paddywagons...
When I lived in DC a deranged woman with a 1 year old child in the backseat of her car rammed into a Capitol checkpoint and they shot her to death on the spot. I remember some people being utterly horrified by this, but the conventional wisdom was that this is what is to be expected if you forcefully try to enter the US Capitol.

It seems that conventional wisdom has changed.

Reactions: DrHoops
Are you signing up to be one of Trump's brown shirts? Got the goose stepping down yet?
Curious why the DC mayor hasn't taken to the streets to express support to the aggrevied like during the lefty riots. Arent riots part of political discourse now? Or just left causes?

Curious why the DC mayor hasn't taken to the streets to express support to the aggrevied like during the lefty riots. Arent riots part of political discourse now? Or just left causes?
More finger pointing. Hillbilly

You should look up the difference between riots and protests. Mayors have only defended the right to protest.

I have been against riots all year. I have been for the right to peacefully protest.

Completely shocked.

This was a planned rally and everyone knew it could escalate. After all we saw this summer...they weren't prepared.

Un ****ing Real

Reactions: larsIU and baileyiu
Tell Trump there is a Bible in the Capitol that he needs to go hold.

You said after being stupidly flippant that you have opposed all riots, implying we are not as pure as you. So where have you opposed this riot or are you like your fuhrer lying about everything.
Like I said before, I oppose all riots. This riot, like those in 2020, are being perpetrated by radicals for reasons with which I disagree. I am flippant in reacting to the lefties here wringing hands because now the other side has taken to the streets. I reckon media will say that even these protesters are "mostly peaceful", dont you?

I'll predict largest inauguration crowd ever. Won't miss it.

Mitch McConnell's speech
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Self-government, my colleagues, requires a shared commitment to the truth. And a shared respect for the ground rules of our system. We cannot keep drifting apart into two separate tribes with a separate set of facts and separate realities," he continued.

The Senate majority leader was impassioned, his voice trembling at moments. Meanwhile, outside the Capitol, crowds of angry pro-Trump protesters pushed back against barricades set by Capitol police officers in their demonstration against the count.

"It would be unfair and wrong to disenfranchise American voters and overrule the court and the states," McConnell said. "I will not pretend such a vote will be a harmless protest gesture, while relying on others to do the right thing. I will vote to respect the people's decision and defend our system of government as we know it."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It took a while but he finally grew a backbone.

I'll predict largest inauguration crowd ever. Won't miss it.

It will be hard to beat Trump's crowd

22a.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT