ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol in lockdown

A
I don't think the Capitol police really had much choice short of using lethal force right off the bat. There aren't enough of them. The DC police do not routinely protect the Capitol building. What should have happened was to provide the Capitol police with advance reinforcements in anticipation of a mob storming the building.

See, that is the question. They knew this group had spoken about doing things to block the count. I get de-escalation, I approve of de-escalation. But there sure seems that there was no plan if that failed. There was no force to swiftly respond. I heard that many of the legislators were held in rooms with the doors locked with very strong chains. Good. But IF 2 bombs were brought in as reported would the doors and chains provide adequate defense. There needed to be a rapid response force nearby. But it sure appears all we had were officers de-escalating.

So they're carrying on with the debate on the AZ challenge? Is that's what is going on here? Two hours of this shit?

All true. You are bad if you support this still. But hey, you gotta stand for something. Enjoy your tax cuts and deregulation.

I mean I voted for the guy begrudgingly, I accepted that he lost on election night. If that makes me a supporter so be it.

I mean I voted for the guy begrudgingly, I accepted that he lost on election night. If that makes me a supporter so be it.
Hey, I get voting for him the first time. Hillary sucked and he was worth a flyer. But I'll never understand voting for him 4 years later. Not with a perfectly middle of the road guy like Joe. He's no star, but will manage the clock.

But hey, I'm just another anonymous poster.

Hey, I get voting for him the first time. Hillary sucked and he was worth a flyer. But I'll never understand voting for him 4 years later. Not with a perfectly middle of the road guy like Joe. He's no star, but will manage the clock.

But hey, I'm just another anonymous poster.

Ironically didn’t vote for him the first time, but that’s another discussion.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
See, that is the question. They knew this group had spoken about doing things to block the count. I get de-escalation, I approve of de-escalation. But there sure seems that there was no plan if that failed. There was no force to swiftly respond. I heard that many of the legislators were held in rooms with the doors locked with very strong chains. Good. But IF 2 bombs were brought in as reported would the doors and chains provide adequate defense. There needed to be a rapid response force nearby. But it sure appears all we had were officers de-escalating.

Totally agree. The Capitol police got lucky here. We could have easily been looking at an occupied Capitol tonight.

Good news is there are already calls for an investigation. It will be very interesting to hear the back story of whether anyone thought more force was needed.

I’m going to assume that somewhere in that building is an armory filled with tools that would give even the most fervent ammosexual a quick need to change their underwear.

Kill em all was their back up plan. Probably not the best one.

Another thing I think about constantly...
I just don’t see how a Civil War would work anymore. The government would just send in the drones. The only way you could have a Civil War now would be if the army chose a side other than the government. I don’t see that happening. All this is doing is setting up for people to get hurt for no reason.

Agree. Does anyone think taking control of the white house and capital building will get everyone else to just admit checkmate? This isn't king of the hill. All they would accomplish is waiting for the military to roll in.

Reactions: glmiu11
I’m going to assume that somewhere in that building is an armory filled with tools that would give even the most fervent ammosexual a quick need to change their underwear.

Kill em all was their back up plan. Probably not the best one.

That may be, did they have enough people? I will reiterate, we need testimony on this soon (it need not be public as we do not want security plans known). What we will get later is what the plan should have been, we (congress) needs to know what it really was.

Why start thinking critically now, Zeke, am I right?
I’m telling you what my friends, and people of color are saying on social media. You can dismiss that all you want. What does that have to do with critical thinking?

Her entire speech was about 30 seconds long. "I came here today intending to object to the certification. After what happened today, I can no longer do that." She got a round of applause when she sat down. Pence joined in.

Only took him four years and the near start of a revolution.

Her entire speech was about 30 seconds long. "I came here today intending to object to the certification. After what happened today, I can no longer do that." She got a round of applause when she sat down. Pence joined in.

Kudos to her.

Did Cruz ask for the right to revise and extend his remarks when he spoke earlier? I wonder if the official will show him warning us of the dangers of leading on a mob with fraudulent claims of fraud.

But Zeke will point out that police helping people down steps is a bad thing!

It’s called deescalation. It’s called being a law enforcement professional.
Do you truly deny that the protestors today were treated differently than the large majority of BLM protests? Or what about the peaceful protest in DC when they weren’t even given a warning and started tear gassing so Trump could cross the street and get a picture taken with his Bible. Descalation is a good thing for those choosing to vandalize one of our most sacred buildings, but not for the local Autozone? Honestly?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Just switched to MSNBC. Can you recap?
He was just doing his usual earnest thing, saying his colleague from Texas claimed there were extraordinary charges of fraud, then said yes there were, that Trump claiming fraud even before the election was extraordinary indeed.

Many on here are quick to point out that this is racist behavior. Because it has to be.

Nope, but it might be. And those that automatically deny that it couldn’t possibly be? That’s called denial. I don’t really know. It’s not really up to me to decide if it’s racist or not. I just know that if a lot of my black friends and people I follow on social media think it was racial, I’d at least consider it. You might try the same .

What comments did Biden make today that differed from summer? Genuinely asking.

I saw Biden speak out multiple times in support of police and against nonpeaceful protests.

Google his remarks today. They were impassioned and direct.

That may be, did they have enough people? I will reiterate, we need testimony on this soon (it need not be public as we do not want security plans known). What we will get later is what the plan should have been, we (congress) needs to know what it really was.
Yeah I would think they would have enough people. Expert LEOs armed with semi-auto long guns and potentially even some autos would’ve caused carnage not seen in this country if need be. Thankfully wasn’t needed.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Nope, but it might be. And those that automatically deny that it couldn’t possibly be? That’s called denial. I don’t really know. It’s not really up to me to decide if it’s racist or not. I just know that if a lot of my black friends and people I follow on social media think it was racial, I’d at least consider it. You might try the same .
I won’t consider anything until facts emerge. Apparently that’s too much to ask of some people.

Right. But that has nothing to do with their treatment of cops. We’re discussing the cops behavior. They respond according to how they are treated,

Saw pics of them getting spit on last night. And please.....don’t tell me you haven’t seen picture after picture of people ( mostly white) screaming at police, fighting them, spitting on them, practically daring them to do anything , and they get off with a warning or ticket. Nope, everything isn’t racial. But many things are. Starting to think a lot of you don’t have any black friends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT