ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol in lockdown

Yeah I would think they would have enough people. Expert LEOs armed with semi-auto long guns and potentially even some autos would’ve caused carnage not seen in this country if need be. Thankfully wasn’t needed.
I am doubting they were going to go from fraternizing to Rambo with no other steps. Maybe so, but if so that is a problem.

Do you truly deny that the protestors today were treated differently than the large majority of BLM protests? Or what about the peaceful protest in DC when they weren’t even given a warning and started tear gassing so Trump could cross the street and get a picture taken with his Bible. Descalation is a good thing for those choosing to vandalize one of our most sacred buildings, but not for the local Autozone? Honestly?
If you can’t see the differences Zeke, and then think critically on how this went down today vs curfew-violating rock throwing protestors, then I’m sorry to say it but you’re not a serious person.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Do you truly deny that the protestors today were treated differently than the large majority of BLM protests? Or what about the peaceful protest in DC when they weren’t even given a warning and started tear gassing so Trump could cross the street and get a picture taken with his Bible. Descalation is a good thing for those choosing to vandalize one of our most sacred buildings, but not for the local Autozone? Honestly?

There's no question they were treated differently than in most BLM protests. I was surprised at first there wasn't more shooting by the Capitol police because they do not have the force strength to form blockades in that situation.

And some of the pics and videos are curious, at best. Good news is they are accountable to the Congress, so there will be an accounting for every aspect of their performance today.

I guess judging by the outcome, every other police force should aspire to emulate the Capitol police. But I also think they got very lucky.

I won’t consider anything until facts emerge. Apparently that’s too much to ask of some people.

I’m not really sure what facts you need. We all watched what happened today. We all watched what happened this summer.

I am doubting they were going to go from fraternizing to Rambo with no other steps. Maybe so, but if so that is a problem.
Yeah I don’t know. Will be interesting if the report leaks. Definitely seemed super unprepared.

I’m not really sure what facts you need. We all watched what happened today. We all watched what happened this summer.
You watched through your hyper partisan, virtue signal lens. You didn’t see cops gunning down people throwing rocks at them...did you? Did you see cops gunning down looters running out of Target?

Reactions: jet812
And. There. It. Is.

Boomshaka: the double dog dare - the ace of spades - the trump card of all trump cards!

Seriously, shame on you. That’s disgraceful.

I’m not sure why.. it’s rather difficult when all day I’ve spent reading people not only upset about everything that happened today, and the total difference in how the protestors were treated. People are very upset about it. You choose to pick Jemele Hill to call race baiting. Don’t you have some other reference you can look at to gauge whether this is just her or a complaint of many people? For me, I have many people I trust who are certainly notnracebaiters who are upset and hurting. it’s always hard to put yourself in another’s shoes. You seem to think it can’t possibly be racist. I’ll cjoose to at least pay attention to what people of color feel about it. If I should be ashamed of that and disgraced, I guess I’ll have to live with it.

Reactions: mashnut
Saw pics of them getting spit on last night. And please.....don’t tell me you haven’t seen picture after picture of people ( mostly white) screaming at police, fighting them, spitting on them, practically daring them to do anything , and they get off with a warning or ticket. Nope, everything isn’t racial. But many things are. Starting to think a lot of you don’t have any black friends.
While you were in a sorority house I represented cops in the most dangerous city in America.

I’m not sure why.. it’s rather difficult when all day I’ve spent reading people not only upset about everything that happened today, and the total difference in how the protestors were treated. People are very upset about it. You choose to pick Jemele Hill to call race baiting. Don’t you have some other reference you can look at to gauge whether this is just her or a complaint of many people? For me, I have many people I trust who are certainly to racebaiters who are upset and hurting. it’s always hard to put yourself in another’s shoes. You seem to think it can’t possibly be racist. I’ll cjoose to at least pay attention to what people of color feel about it. If I should be ashamed of that and disgraced, I guess I’ll have to live with it.
Oh for f*ck's sake. Will you two just get your parting shots in and shut the f*ck up about this, already?

And. There. It. Is.

Boomshaka: the double dog dare - the ace of spades - the trump card of all trump cards!

Seriously, shame on you. That’s disgraceful.
I get your point, truly. But I do have friends that literally have no real black friends. Consistently they poo poo racism. They simply don't get the racism that exists in the daily lives of people of color.

My boss is black. She is a VP of a fortune 50 company. Talented and beautiful. The stories she shares on things that have happened to her at stores, with realtors, and other professionals is shocking. I'm tired and know this is a tangent. But racism is still so prevalent.

I’m not sure why.. it’s rather difficult when all day I’ve spent reading people not only upset about everything that happened today, and the total difference in how the protestors were treated. People are very upset about it. You choose to pick Jemele Hill to call race baiting. Don’t you have some other reference you can look at to gauge whether this is just her or a complaint of many people? For me, I have many people I trust who are certainly to racebaiters who are upset and hurting. it’s always hard to put yourself in another’s shoes. You seem to think it can’t possibly be racist. I’ll cjoose to at least pay attention to what people of color feel about it. If I should be ashamed of that and disgraced, I guess I’ll have to live with it.
You’re misunderstanding. I certainly sympathize with people who feel disenfranchised. However, it doesn’t make them “right”. Facts are facts and feelings are feelings. Sure it’s a fact that people are looking at the events of today not only as a tragic situation but also stacking on perceived racial disparities in how it went down.

It doesn’t mean they’re right. But you don’t give a rat’s ass, do you Zeke? Your mind is made up - even though you can’t wrap your mind around, without using pretzel logic, why a protestor was shot and killed today by police (allegedly), when none were killed by police in all the summer’s riots. But you look at cops trying to deescalate today and you assume they’d be clobbering people this summer. Pretzel logic. I guess I shouldn’t care, but I do. You mentor young ladies. You need to be more open minded.

I haven’t ruled anything out. But you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get your point, truly. But I do have friends that literally have no real black friends. Consistently they poo poo racism. They simply don't get the racism that exists in the daily lives of people of color.

My boss is black. She is a VP of a fortune 50 company. Talented and beautiful. The stories she shares on things that have happened to her at stores, with realtors, and other professionals is shocking. I'm tired and know this is a tangent. But racism is still so prevalent.
I have no doubt that racism, the vile evil racism we all have seen, exists. It’s alive and well (unwell really) in many places. My point is that is the racism that needs to be met swiftly and decisively with punishment and repudiation - not perceived racism. When we level allegations of racism carelessly and without critical thought, we dilute the real racism and make it harder to be taken seriously.

So they're going to be at this for forever. Him and Ted will be eating lunch together for years to come.
The lady on PBS - I'm only listening, not watching, but she sounds familiar - is predicting that Hawley decided to talk about PA during the AZ debate so he could get his remarks in and then not actually object to PA later. So maybe we get lucky, and they decide to stop with AZ.

Hawley litigating the PA election laws... again. Total fvcking asshole.

Yes, millions of people are upset that Pennsylvania had mail in voting (he specifically said there was NO fraud, suck it fraud proponents). But his only solution is to throw out millions of ballots by Americans. He doesn't think they will march on the Capitol now that we have a precedent on that?

I’m telling you what my friends, and people of color are saying on social media. You can dismiss that all you want. What does that have to do with critical thinking?
I’m sure your sources represent all walks of life...🙄🙄🙄

Romney explained it perfect, no vote commission finding that results in Trump losing would be accepted by Trump's militia.

The lady on PBS - I'm only listening, not watching, but she sounds familiar - is predicting that Hawley decided to talk about PA during the AZ debate so he could get his remarks in and then not actually object to PA later. So maybe we get lucky, and they decide to stop with AZ.
They already said this will be the only objection.

ADVERTISEMENT