ADVERTISEMENT

Can somebody please explain the "Religious Freedom Bill" that Pence

So Indy may go out of business

Once they lose all their conventions to this idiotic law. That ok?

let me guess...

You aren't a minority. And I am allergic to smoke. I should be able to go wherever I please without getting that forced into my lungs. ( unless it's the good kind of smoke, then never mind)
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You can't pick and choose what is and isn't diversity. And according to

their own website, as of last year, they didn't require they same rules in international divisions.

You're an idiot, btw. I never mentioned or implied race.

I doubt that people thought it would go this far

Or they wouldn't have elected these clowns. Even my conservative friends are not in favor of this bill. You are right in that it's mostly symbolic, and won't effect many small businesses. It will effect the economy of IN if conventions pull out. The director of visitIndy said he received numerous phone calls from all day from potential visitors and conventions very concerned about the bill.

I have friends moving to Colorado

This was the final straw. There's a few other laws out there they like too. Another couple moving to Ca. Both are in upper 30s and lived in Indy their whole life with no intention to move until the last few years, starting with marriage fight. One couple's parents and brothers moving also with them.

Well the other side of that coin is

The similarly bigoted customers who will seek out that business to do business based on those discriminatory/hateful views.

Here's a letter to Pence just like you discussed:

Cloud 1, the fastest growing IT company in Indiana wrote a letter asking Pence to veto the bill, saying it will make it more difficult to recruit talent to Indiana.

There will be another Super Bowl in Indy

It may be awhile, but they'll get one. It was the best reviewed and best run in history, according to all the media that covered it. The weather certainly helped, but everyone in the committee fully expects to be granted another.

Oh Jesus Christ...

Polygamy/bestiality and all those things are against the law. Your slippery slope argument is tired and downright stupid.

Why should I have to leave my favorite bar

Because someone wants to tear up their puns and kill themselves early? I remember watching IU games and having to leave at every timeout to get fresh air and put eye drops in my tearing eyes. They shouldn't get to make that choice.

Thanks Obama for reminding....

us that we didn't do it alone. Give me a break the Gov. doesn't exist with out a tax payer which is US the business owners and the employees we hire. You are trying to tie a private business into a Government as if the Gov. owns us that is BS and called communism. Then you follow it up with pick another line of work... well in your mind any line of work we choose it the Government that owns it so no matter what we are under the thumb of some bureaucrats in DC.

Then you follow it up as if we are going to go back to Jim Crow laws. My goodness you guys act like tomorrow we will be shuffling gays down the street to slaughter. First off the law is stupid and was already in place you can choose who you do business with from my understand they just wanted to "clarify" it which again was a waste of time. Second any business in their right mind that says "NO Gays allowed" is going to get their arse handed to them. It will hit Facebook it will hit twitter it will hit the nightly news. Just like the cupcake store in Indy. Guess what the cup cake store is closed it went out of business. Obviously those people are not smart business people which caused them to tank. They now will walk around with this for their life as the discriminating bakers. It didn't take the state or a bunch of laws in the first place for this to happen. It took people who bought from their store to say NO thanks. In my mind the free market worked the way it should with out the Gov. having to step in.

Ok guy

I know you are libertarian leaning so I shouldn't have expected any less. This is simply about protecting civil liberties. I know some of you guys want to make this out to be some little thing, but it isn't. I don't expect it to be like the Jim Crow south, but why should we ever move backwards. Lets not pretend that homosexuals don't actually face discrimination. Why does a bill need to be put out that makes it o.k.? If I can't turn away somebody because of their religion or skin color, why should someone be able to turn someone away for their sexuality?

Furthermore, why does it have to be about government versus business? The reality is that both systems operate together and rely on one another. No shit the government wouldn't exist without the people and businesses. Should we go the other way where the businesses hire their own police, fireman, educators, army, build their own roads? I think the answer is no, and the government not only provides those things but also provides some checks and balances to keep pollution at bay, stop slave labor, protect civil liberties, etc... The reality is that their are gay people out their that fight for us, protect us, teach us and they do not deserve the government saying that people can turn them away based on their sexuality. It may be stupid for any business to take part in this crap, but it is just as bad for our representatives to support the people who want the right to do so.

If you can't see that, than I've got nothing for you.

This is why we have a secular society

to prevent backwards religious beliefs from dictating how people are allowed to live their lives.

What is the definition of marriage? Is it like the bible where a rapist should marry his victim? Or like David or Solomon who were polygamists? I know the bible doesn't like homosexuality because it asks for them to be killed. Lets not ever use biblical principals to determine how we govern...please.

I am not worried about a slippery slope because you can't marry a child, dog, or rock because they can't provide consent. I am not sure why polygamy is illegal, but that is totally different because it does not single out a specific person based on their race, religion or sexual preference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT