ADVERTISEMENT

Bulletin- AOC gets sacked...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Now if you gleefully thought I was referring to the Congress person who many Pubs like to characterize as the Dems version of MTG and Boebert combined (even though she's no where near that level of crazy) then I hate to disappoint you. The AOC in this case is the Architect of the Captol, who I'll shamelessly admit I had never even heard of prior to this past few days and only got motivated to actually read about today.

I had no idea what that title represented, I even thought he was somehow connected to planning for improvements made on the building, based on the title of "Architect"... I was clueless, and if you weren't in the same boat then congrats!!

Anyway turns out that after the latest demand from Kevin to fire him, Biden has complied and gave him the sack. Now you may be inclined to view this as a partisan issue where Kevin forced Biden's hand, but the reality is that the AOC was nominated by Trump and Biden kept him on for the first two years. So it seems a pretty bi-partisan undertaking with people from both parties calling for his removal...

Among the charges levied were misappropriation of a Govt vehicle for private use while on a family vacation, and overall misuse of his office. There is some dubious claim about "misrepresenting" himself as an LEO, as well as questions regarding his whereabouts/actions on Jan 6. At any rate I found the whole story somewhat intriguing (since the title was unknown to me) and figured someone else might learn some new things as well...

Now if you gleefully thought I was referring to the Congress person who many Pubs like to characterize as the Dems version of MTG and Boebert combined (even though she's no where near that level of crazy) then I hate to disappoint you. The AOC in this case is the Architect of the Captol, who I'll shamelessly admit I had never even heard of prior to this past few days and only got motivated to actually read about today.

I had no idea what that title represented, I even thought he was somehow connected to planning for improvements made on the building, based on the title of "Architect"... I was clueless, and if you weren't in the same boat then congrats!!

Anyway turns out that after the latest demand from Kevin to fire him, Biden has complied and gave him the sack. Now you may be inclined to view this as a partisan issue where Kevin forced Biden's hand, but the reality is that the AOC was nominated by Trump and Biden kept him on for the first two years. So it seems a pretty bi-partisan undertaking with people from both parties calling for his removal...

Among the charges levied were misappropriation of a Govt vehicle for private use while on a family vacation, and overall misuse of his office. There is some dubious claim about "misrepresenting" himself as an LEO, as well as questions regarding his whereabouts/actions on Jan 6. At any rate I found the whole story somewhat intriguing (since the title was unknown to me) and figured someone else might learn some new things as well...

There's a gov't job we can probably eliminate.

I was first going to disagree with you, but it turns out that there's been an Assistant Architect (who reports to the Deputy Architect, who reports to the Architect) who has been doing the job since 1998. I'd bet dollars to donuts he does all the real work of running the agency.
This probably started out as an unpaid job that eventually became a paid job without a whole lot of actual work to be done. Probably need to delete a couple of jobs in that office. If the actual AOC has time to vacation around the country on the taxpayers' dime and no one misses him or her, it's time to kill the job.

Reactions: Spartans9312
This probably started out as an unpaid job that eventually became a paid job without a whole lot of actual work to be done. Probably need to delete a couple of jobs in that office. If the actual AOC has time to vacation around the country on the taxpayers' dime and no one misses him or her, it's time to kill the job.
I've been reading about it some more. Looks like it started as a position that was filled temporarily whenever it was decided that work needed to be done, but it's been filled since 1851, usually by a leading American architect who kept the position for decades. Then Congress passed a law setting a term limit of ten years (although renewable). Could simply be that Trump made an especially bad choice.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I've been reading about it some more. Looks like it started as a position that was filled temporarily whenever it was decided that work needed to be done, but it's been filled since 1851, usually by a leading American architect who kept the position for decades. Then Congress passed a law setting a term limit of ten years (although renewable). Could simply be that Trump made an especially bad choice.
I’m for eliminating it.

Reactions: Spartans9312
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT