ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's Approval Rating at Record Low

No way. Aloha says the troops love Biden and hate Trump.
“At a Congressional hearing in May 2022, Secretary of Army Christine Wormuth said the goal of the ACFT was to raise the overall fitness level of soldiers and that the Army didn’t want to ‘disadvantage any sub-groups’, based on evidence collected in multiple studies.”

They are targeting the wrong demographic…or quit targeting the correct demographic is probably a better way to say it. A 98 lb projectile doesn’t care about your age or gender

Reactions: mcmurtry66
In ideal circumstances, how many pounds of equipment will a light infantry soldier carry? Not accounting for bad weather. Probably over 70 pounds?
We tend to sink into these phases of economic and cultural excess where we think technology will keep us safe from the rest of the world or that gender roles aren’t all that important.

Hopefully we get snapped back to reality before barbarians are at the gate. Already a significant number of barbarians at College Universities and in the Democratic House of Representatives.

Not an easy thing to predict. Probably Jihadists again.

Maybe one of the MoFo’s coming across the Rio Grande. Chris Wray seems to be worried, for whatever he’s worth (not much).
That wouldn't implicate the physical fitness of our military, though, would it?

Fair point. I think the recruiting shortages, transsexual admirals, and general freak infestation might do that on its own.
I'm more interested in the notion that the perceived weakness of our military--the soldier side, not the tech and weapons--might be enough to provoke another nation to take a chance and directly "punch" us.

I think we're still strong enough, no nation-state would dare attempt it. Even China.

But I also grew up watching Red Dawn, so I'm ever vigilant.

Goo, you're young: have you seen Red Dawn?

I'm more interested in the notion that the perceived weakness of our military--the soldier side, not the tech and weapons--might be enough to provoke another nation to take a chance and directly "punch" us.

I think we're still strong enough, no nation-state would dare attempt it. Even China.

But I also grew up watching Red Dawn, so I'm ever vigilant.

Goo, you're young: have you seen Red Dawn?
Was 9/11 not a punch? It’s not as if that was one nation state attacking another.

Houthi pirates are currently ****ing with shipping lanes when they know damn well America could blow them off the map. And that the American Navy has been the guarantor of free shipping since the the fall of the British Empire.

They do it anyway.

Was 9/11 not a punch? It’s not as if that was one nation state attacking another.

Houthi pirates are currently ****ing with shipping lanes when they know damn well America could blow them off the map. And that the American Navy has been the guarantor of free shipping since the the fall of the British Empire.

They do it anyway.
It was.

Again, though, I'm referring to some nation thinking our armed forces are weak.

He is working on the economy to fix the mess he made.

We lost two full years of market growth and prices are still high as hell.

He gets credit from mr for nothing and "I" am the guy that elected him (moderate independents)
trump made the mess b4 Biden , give him some credit.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
When inflation outpaces wage growth by 20+% over four years the economy is not doing well. Stop peddling bullshit.
your numbers are inflated and like trump a pack of lies. Look at all the people working under trump there were loss jobs.

Our troops & bases are getting attacked daily without repurcussion for many of the attacks…
Fleas and elephants. I’m referencing something a bit more involved.

I do agree that it’s disgraceful our military hasn’t been authorized by Biden to respond appropriately.

Biden and the Dem's are proving that they are more interested in support for Russia and Hamas War efforts, than protecting US citizens and our sovereign Nation. Truly despicable.

why on earth wouldn't he just drop out. unreal. dems don't even want him

Not sure how long you've followed politics closely but numbers a year out from elections aren't worth much.

That said, Biden isn't Obama. And his numbers look slightly worse. In the end, it comes down to about 10% of voters in about 7 states.

The rest of us are irrelevant. Everyone here already knows who they are voting for/against. So you are just shouting at clouds.

The economy was still pretty bad going into 2012, and I would argue high unemployment was a lot worse situation than high inflation. But maybe Obama got more of a pass because the meltdown in the economy started a few months before he came into office. Hard to guess how people will come down on that via the Covid era inflation.

I will go to my grave on the basis that Presidents either get lucky or unlucky with economic conditions that they have very little impact upon. Maybe by a 2nd term you can start to see impact of fiscal policy, but even then most just have to ride whatever wave they get coming their way. Most being curve balls nobody sees coming.

The big sweeping changes are when you flip the boat over when it comes to global trade policy.

I had major issues with Trump's economic policies.

They were all protectionist and would certainly drive up costs for American consumers. Unfortunately Biden hasn't been strong enough to back away from these policies, and move us back towards free trade and everyone continues to pay more as the result.

Doubling down on voting for the moron who brought all these higher costs shows you how detached from reality most of Americans are when it comes to understanding world trade of both labor and goods.

All Trump did was implement a giant wish list of every left wing labor and trade policy desired for the last generation and wrap it with a bunch of nativist language, put a (R) by his name and the lemmings sucked it up like water.

All Trump is, is Pat Buchanan repacked into an entertainment show His policies are just as awful as Pat's were, and will most certainly make this country poorer in the long run.

Last edited:
Not sure how long you've followed politics closely but numbers a year out from elections aren't worth much.

That said, Biden isn't Obama. And his numbers look slightly worse. In the end, it comes down to about 10% of voters in about 7 states.

The rest of us are irrelevant. Everyone here already knows who they are voting for/against. So you are just shouting at clouds.

The economy was still pretty bad going into 2012, and I would argue high unemployment was a lot worse situation than high inflation. But maybe Obama got more of a pass because the meltdown in the economy started a few months before he came into office. Hard to guess how people will come down on that via the Covid era inflation.

I will go to my grave on the basis that Presidents either get lucky or unlucky with economic conditions that they have very little impact upon. Maybe by a 2nd term you can start to see impact of fiscal policy, but even then most just have to ride whatever wave they get coming their way. Most being curve balls nobody sees coming.

The big sweeping changes are when you flip the boat over when it comes to global trade policy.

I had major issues with Trump's economic policies.

They were all protectionist and would certainly drive up costs for American consumers. Unfortunately Biden hasn't been strong enough to back away from these policies, and move us back towards free trade and everyone continues to pay more as the result.

Doubling down on voting for the moron who brought all these higher costs shows you how detached from reality most of Americans are when it comes to understanding world trade of both labor and goods.

All Trump did was implement a giant wish list of every left wing labor and trade policy desired for the last generation and wrap it with a bunch of nativist language, put a (R) by his name and the lemmings sucked it up like water.

All Trump is, is Pat Buchanan repacked into an entertainment show His policies are just as awful as Pat's were, and will most certainly make this country poorer in the long run.
Yeah we don’t agree. Biden’s impact was clear on inflation. That much involvement in every aspect of our lives has consequences we are still trying to recover from. Every bill stayed. Even utilities weren’t cutting power. No student loans. No evictions. No power cut off. Then all the free money. Unemployment. Stim Checks. Child tax credits converted to monthly checks. It’s mind boggling to think of all the gov action. And today things are improving. Why? Nothing is getting done. Gov shutoff. Congress did less this past year than any in the last decade. That’s not a coincidence. The actions of gov absolutely have immediate consequences. You can add the impact of Covid policies on remote work commercial real estate etc

Obama pulled us out of very difficult times and deserves much credit. Biden has been the worst president of my lifetime. Name an area and he has been an abject failure. Trump would be a godsend compared to Biden

Last edited:
Yeah we don’t agree. Biden’s impact was clear on inflation. That much involvement in every aspect of our lives has consequences we are still trying to recover from. Every bill stayed. Even utilities weren’t cutting power. No student loans. No evictions. No power cut off. Then all the free money. Unemployment. Stim Checks. Child tax credits converted to monthly checks. It’s mind boggling to think of all the gov action. And today things are improving. Why? Nothing is getting done. Gov shutoff. Congress did less this past year than any in the last decade. That’s not a coincidence. The actions of gov absolutely have immediate consequences. You can add the impact of Covid policies on remote work commercial real estate etc

Obama pulled us out of very difficult times and deserves much credit. Biden has been the worst president of my lifetime. Name an area and he has been an abject failure. Trump would be a godsend compared to Biden

Thanks for listing basically every Trump era Covid policy.

A godsend? The guy who is promising 'massive' new tariffs - 10% on every foreign good. God help us all.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Thanks for listing basically every Trump era Covid policy.

A godsend? The guy who is promising 'massive' new tariffs - 10% on every foreign good. God help us all.

Yes biden’s

I heard on NPR that 40% of federally backed student loan payments due 11/1 were at least fifteen days late. I can’t imagine that’s going to get better. All those folks got REAL used to not paying that bill.

Ruh roh if they put any teeth on those collections.

Delinquencies in mortgage, auto, and credit cards were already on the rise.

I heard on NPR that 40% of federally backed student loan payments due 11/1 were at least fifteen days late. I can’t imagine that’s going to get better. All those folks got REAL used to not paying that bill.

Ruh roh if they put any teeth on those collections.

Delinquencies in mortgage, auto, and credit cards were already on the rise.
Wow!!! Staying bills has consequences. These kids man. Whacked with fresh student loan bills now. Houses and cars way out of reach. They don’t have it easy

Yeah maybe you missed my comment that Biden has done a poor job by extending Trump era policy.
Were tax credits converted to monthly checks etc under trump ? I don’t remember but believe much of the free cheese was new and unique to Biden’s rescue plan

The economy was still pretty bad going into 2012, and I would argue high unemployment was a lot worse situation than high inflation.
One nit. Unemployment affects far fewer people than inflation and it’s over with once someone gets a job. Inflation affects almost everyone and it lasts a lot longer.

One nit. Unemployment affects far fewer people than inflation and it’s over with once someone gets a job. Inflation affects almost everyone and it lasts a lot longer.
I had a very good year. I hope you did too. Merry Christmas!

Going back to progressives and Biden would be absolutely disastrous for the country. On every single front. People get it. It’s why he has that approval rating

Going back to progressives and Biden would be absolutely disastrous for the country. On every single front. People get it. It’s why he has that approval rating
Approval ratings and polls a year out don't mean shit.

Trump will once again lose the popular vote and the race will once again come down to just six or seven states - - Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and maybe North Carolina.

Trump fvcked up the incumbent advantage with his insane antics but Biden won't. He'll win.

Approval ratings and polls a year out don't mean shit.

Trump will once again lose the popular vote and the race will once again come down to just six or seven states - - Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and maybe North Carolina.

Trump fvcked up the incumbent advantage with his insane antics but Biden won't. He'll win.
I’ll bet on that. I think trump wins. Young people don’t like Biden. Hispanics turning on him. But yes it will be close.

no it was trump and it ill be much worse under traitor trump if he gets reelected. no democracy no constitution, no rights. just a bunch of white people in office.

I’ll bet on that. I think trump wins. Young people don’t like Biden. Hispanics turning on him. But yes it will be close.
The 2024 campaign season for Democrats hasn't even started yet. They've got plenty of time to bring young voters back into the fold.

Reactions: Willdog7
The 2024 campaign season for Democrats hasn't even started yet. They've got plenty of time to bring young voters back into the fold.
The biggest benefit the Dems will have is inaction. Congress doing nothing inures to their benefit. We are still suffering from Dems’ first year.

no it was trump and it ill be much worse under traitor trump if he gets reelected. no democracy no constitution, no rights. just a bunch of white people in office.
Plenty of good white people. Me, for example (ha ha). But Trump goes with the shitty Stephen Miller/Steve Bannon types.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT