ADVERTISEMENT

Biden rolling out another student debt forgiveness plan.

Aloha Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
The first and biggest was slapped down by the USSC. The second one got done some how. And now there's a third one. And he hopes to get it out there before the election so he can get some more deadbeat votes.

The first and biggest was slapped down by the USSC. The second one got done some how. And now there's a third one. And he hopes to get it out there before the election so he can get some more deadbeat votes.

He’s hopeless. Next he’ll be asking the good Americans in Dearborn how we should punish Israel and how many billions of dollars we should give to Hamas.

If its tied to tax brackets than I'm all for it.

Public universities should be free for all that make under a certain level and as long as they maintain an above average gpa. Some degrees like teaching, nursing, and tech trades should be free no matter what.

As long as they reduce their bloated budgets and payroll significantly from today's levels, I'm ok with them being 'free for all' .

Usually 'free' has a way of increasing the price. Like the student loan program itself has done dramatically.

Give each student that gets decent marks in high school an $X that's modest fraction and say ' pay for your schooling', no more loan subsidy program.

Price would drop and all qualified students would get school.

It's an easy fix. Simply put the schools on the hook if the borrower can't repay. They'll then stop handing out useless degrees or admitting students who don't belong anywhere near a 4 year institution. And if the degree really does increase the students earning power by 7 figures or more over their career as the schools say the borrower will easily be able to repay. Otherwise provide your own financing. Some of these schools have absurd endowments.

Politics and public policy is not even a fair fight any more.

The misinformation complex, the deep state (yes it exists and is stronger than ever ) and the public opinion makers and shapers are so deeply entrenched that reasonableness and common sense have no chance.

It will be more than a year before the courts can finish ireview of Biden’s student loan fiasco, and if the court rules against him, cries that the court is illegitimate and must be reformed will soon follow. Biden just doesn’t give a shit about law, the courts, or leading a democracy.

Just think how bad things would be if we didn’t save democracy.

"These historic steps reflect President Biden’s determination that we cannot allow student debt to leave students worse off than before they went to college,” said U.S. Under Secretary of Education James Kvaal.

So no risk.

Great. You suckers keep paying for you kids' education. I'm reading the tea leaves! It won't end here.

Public universities should be free for all that make under a certain level and as long as they maintain an above average gpa. Some degrees like teaching, nursing, and tech trades should be free no matter what.
How you going to pay for it?

i just don’t understand how he thinks this is an electoral winner. There has got to be more people turned off by this than who welcome it. So weird.

Reactions: twenty02
"These historic steps reflect President Biden’s determination that we cannot allow student debt to leave students worse off than before they went to college,” said U.S. Under Secretary of Education James Kvaal.

So no risk.

Great. You suckers keep paying for you kids' education. I'm reading the tea leaves! It won't end here.
The entire American education system has gone way off track. K-12 and higher ed might be irreparable. Bush and Trump tried to do reforms. Bush got smacked down and Trump met a fusillade of opposition from all quarters. And we are in an inescapable doom loop. Bad education produces bad educators and policy makers.

i just don’t understand how he thinks this is an electoral winner. There has got to be more people turned off by this than who welcome it. So weird.
Yes but they're already voting Trump. He's making a ploy to win back all the 18-30 year olds he's lost. There's a ton of them in East Lansing, Ann Arbor, Madison, University Park, etc.

Reactions: Univee2
The entire American education system has gone way off track. K-12 and higher ed might be irreparable. Bush and Trump tried to do reforms. Bush got smacked down and Trump met a fusillade of opposition from all quarters. And we are in an inescapable doom loop. Bad education produces bad educators and policy makers.

K-12 is totally fixable. I could do it in 10 years.

He’s going to give money to past borrowers with no actual reform.

He said he’s “fixing the broken student loan system and making sure higher education is a ticket to the middle class”

A couple questions.

What?

How?

tax tax tax tax tax. a little more than 25 percent of cannabis businesses are profitable
It's a multi billion dollar industry regardless of shitty ownership and saturated markets. And of course it should be taxed. Just be wise about it like Michigan is doing or like the FED does with booze.

He's buying voter turnout. Younger voters can't stand him and will stay home in droves rather than vote Trump or Biden. This is just an attempt to entice this group back to the polls.

Fk him. Such a pathetic panderer. His entire admin has been a train wreck of cone head policy makers.

Politically brain dead too... Soo concerned about losing the loony lefties they pump out policies that loses them 2 votes for every one they gain.

I hate Trump and his merry band of morons....but there is nothing more insidious and dangerous than progressive policies. And Biden played right into it and trapped himself. Doesn't know up from down at this point.

It's a multi billion dollar industry regardless of shitty ownership and saturated markets. And of course it should be taxed. Just be wise about it like Michigan is doing or like the FED does with booze.
It’s taxed and regulated like a mother ****er now. Your stats for the industry mean little. Again 25 percent are profitable. At the end of the day it’s just selling a retail product at wholesale but unlike T-shirts there are endless regs that make the cost of doing business really high. We have a manufacturing license and a dispensary license. So there’s value there. Almost like owning the building a restaurant is in. So if the restaurant goes belly up you still have a good asset. All it takes is gov to issue more licenses and that asset diminishes in value. People hear cannabis and think it’s some goldmine when it’s not. It’s a product. Sold cheap that requires considerable start up expenses and you still compete with a black market not subject to the same rules

Fk him. Such a pathetic panderer. His entire admin has been a train wreck of cone head policy makers.

Politically brain dead too... Soo concerned about losing the loony lefties they pump out policies that loses them 2 votes for every one they gain.

I hate Trump and his merry band of morons....but there is nothing more insidious and dangerous than progressive policies. And Biden played right into it and trapped himself. Doesn't know up from down at this point.
I bet 4 more years of Trump is starting to look pretty good now isn't it?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

“Fixing the broken student loan system”

I don’t even see anything on the list related to that statement.

WOW. Throw more federal money at the problem. That's done wonders for everyone.

And how about the radical idea of attempting to actually have Congress pass expenditures rather than do it by executive fiat?

it's so perplexing. after all of trump's lies and bullshit post election all biden had to do was be just a hint left of center and the man would have been beloved. uncle joe who was that bridge who got us past all the garbage and divineness of trump. so here's where i will go out on my conspiracy limb. i think as manchin noted he's been fully coopted by the loony far left. i don't think that was biden's nature to be a progressive. his history isn't in keeping with same. i think when he was in the basement etc evidenced the fact that he wasn't his old self etc. i think the voters got duped

Ok. Multi billion dollar industry. How much is your tax going to take in? Because the program you are putting forth might cost more than the revenue from cannabis.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

McMurtry, stop hacking other people's accounts. You can get banned for that shit.

Mods!!

It’s taxed and regulated like a mother ****er now. Your stats for the industry mean little. Again 25 percent are profitable. At the end of the day it’s just selling a retail product at wholesale but unlike T-shirts there are endless regs that make the cost of doing business really high. We have a manufacturing license and a dispensary license. So there’s value there. Almost like owning the building a restaurant is in. So if the restaurant goes belly up you still have a good asset. All it takes is gov to issue more licenses and that asset diminishes in value. People hear cannabis and think it’s some goldmine when it’s not. It’s a product. Sold cheap that requires considerable start up expenses and you still compete with a black market not subject to the same rules
Drive it out of business! It smells!

(After you make your millions)

• Angry
Reactions: mcmurtry66
McMurtry, stop hacking other people's accounts. You can get banned for that shit.

Mods!!
hte difference between our bullshit educations and @twenty02's can be summed up in one word: ROBUST.

we aren't worthy. even the business guys recognize what a fing hack biden is at this point. he's a cadaver co-opted by the cult of 20 something social workers

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
hte difference between our bullshit educations and @twenty02's can be summed up in one word: ROBUST.

we aren't worthy. even the business guys recognize what a fing hack biden is at this point. he's a cadaver co-opted by the cult of 20 something social workers
I love that word. Try to work it into every discussion.

“Fixing the broken student loan system”
How old are you? If above 60, you paid almost nothing to attend a state school. Why can't we make America great again?
50. Once again….what on his list is related to “fixing the broken student loan system”?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT