ADVERTISEMENT

Biden news conference thread -- 6:30 pm

@zeke4ahs , Biden is crushing it! Powerful, forceful, clear. Come back and celebrate with me!

Shit, "Vice President Trump." Damn it.
The man needs help. I'm not laughing. He honestly needs Kamala to finish this out and ride off. If he was any younger I would say go after him full force for a damn long list of things, but IMO he is incapable of understanding it. Good Lord make the move. At least he hung on this long. Kamala can't do that much damage in a few months can she?

I will be full force brutal to her though she has no f*cking business whatsoever holding the office of VP. Be prepared for that she is without excuse.

Reactions: DANC
I'd find him hilarious if he weren't putting the entire world at risk...

He might be able to do stand up as "The Accidental Comedian" in retirement...

Whispering Joe has gone off on a rif on world trade and mixes up Europe with Asia... 🙄
Back when I brought food stamps to the people who live on Mars….

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Just tuned in. Saying his European colleagues are scared to death of Trump being reelected.

He’s still better unscripted. They should leave him be. F it
Only when the drugs have kicked in (hence the delay) and he still is a walking gaffe even with them...

There's clearly a sweet spot (for the drugs) right around the 52-65 minute mark... Should be interesting to see if they leave him out there long enough for them to start to wear off...

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
The man needs help. I'm not laughing. He honestly needs Kamala to finish this out and ride off. If he was any younger I would say go after him full force for a damn long list of things, but IMO he is incapable of understanding it. Good Lord make the move. At least he hung on this long. Kamala can't do that much damage in a few months can she?

I will be full force brutal to her though she has no f*cking business whatsoever holding the office of VP. Be prepared for that she is without excuse.
Every farmer that’s ever been a farmer..

Knows what to do when the finally see it.

His inability to remember if another head of state said something to him in private or publicly, and then saying "oh I'll just say it to the world, he won't mind" is a little disconcerting.

Not that Trump wouldn't also do the same thing, of course, if he found it politically beneficial.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
I've mostly leaned towards thinking that Biden will survive as the Democratic nominee.

But I'm leaning the other way today. When a candidate has paid campaign officials anonymously telling NBC News that there's no path for him to win and that he should drop out of the race, then the Fat Lady isn't just warming up, she's already into the first few bars of “The Queen of the Night."
What took you so long. This was evident LONG ago.

His inability to remember if another head of state said something to him in private or publicly, and then saying "oh I'll just say it to the world, he won't mind" is a little disconcerting.

Not that Trump wouldn't also do the same thing, of course, if he found it politically beneficial.

For sure. Run Harris. Or run Biden and in a year Harris takes over. Same shit -ish

Unless he's completely made something up re Sweden and Finland, or revealed something he shouldn't have, so far, I think this performance is good for him in terms of staying in the race. But it ain't over yet . . .
He’s better off being left alone. Over-coaching is to his detriment

Unless he's completely made something up re Sweden and Finland, or revealed something he shouldn't have, so far, I think this performance is good for him in terms of staying in the race. But it ain't over yet . . .

I'm not seeing anything bad after having tuned in some 15 minutes ago.

• Love
Reactions: BradStevens
I'm not seeing anything bad after having tuned in some 15 minutes ago.
You tuned in when the drugs began working... He's getting stronger from the 52 minute mark...

They ought to share the makeup of that drug cocktail with the public..., might be the one thing this outfit has done that could actually help someone...

Last edited:
Christ. Just say "I won the nomination. I'm not stepping down. I can do the job and am going to beat Trump. Next question."

You tuned in when the drugs began working... He's getting stronger from the 52 minute mark...

They ought to share the makeup of that drug cocktail with the public..., might be the one thing this outfit has done that could actually help someone...
rave GIF

Maddow says he displays a "masterful" grasp of the issues at hand, but undermines himself with his ineffectual and rambling and circular presentation. I think that's fair. He may be effective, but he'll never be inspiring.
Masterful? Cmon? He gave relevant answers. They were mostly fluff personal stories trying to portray himself as the best guy out there, with a kernel of an idea. Two state solution. Nato-ize Finland. But no deep analysis. No "masterful" command of the issue that he was communicating.

To be fair, few presidents do communicate masterful grasp of many issues. Trump can't do it in an answer.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Masterful? Cmon? He gave relevant answers. They were mostly fluff personal stories trying to portray himself as the best guy out there, with a kernel of an idea. Two state solution. Nato-ize Finland. But no deep analysis. No "masterful" command of the issue that he was communicating.

To be fair, few presidents do communicate masterful grasp of many issues. Trump can't do it in an answer.
Masterful was her word, and yes it is hyperbole, but she was right about him knowing the subjects at hand while having a really shitty presentation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT