ADVERTISEMENT

Biden getting grilled by all of the reporters at this press conference.

No, more of a recency bias since it was a big unilateral decision that affected the economy in a large way. And is was basically on day one.

Again, if you have a similar example of a Republican president, I am all ears.
No to Fascism

No, more of a recency bias since it was a big unilateral decision that affected the economy in a large way. And is was basically on day one.

Again, if you have a similar example of a Republican president, I am all ears.
No I don't have a Republican example. I just don't agree with your Biden example. No biggie. Sorry if I got testy about it.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Can you expand your thought a little bit? I don't want fascism either but that has nothing to do with my post. Stay on topic. Name a President that made a unilateral decision or act that affected the economy.
Trump putting tariffs on Chinese goods?

Of course, that affected the economy in a positive way.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
Good example. The affect can be debated but you cited a good example.
I think it was positive in the aggregate. I'm not for tariffs, but I think it did make Chinw a know we are/were serious about fair trade and stopping their stealing of patents. And I think Biden kept many of those tariffs in effect.

It also caused other countries to move production out of China and - reportedly - was the impetus for moving some production back to the US (I don't know the particulars and am too lazy to look it up, but I think I remember some companies saying they were going to build factories in the US, rather than China).

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I think it was positive in the aggregate. I'm not for tariffs, but I think it did make Chinw a know we are/were serious about fair trade and stopping their stealing of patents. And I think Biden kept many of those tariffs in effect.

It also caused other countries to move production out of China and - reportedly - was the impetus for moving some production back to the US (I don't know the particulars and am too lazy to look it up, but I think I remember some companies saying they were going to build factories in the US, rather than China).
Keep your eye on this ribbont guy. Showing potential as a prospect. Seen him mother**** anyone yet? Go off the rails?

Write back

Name a President that made a unilateral decision or act that affected the economy.
Trump. Big fvck-up that hurt the US economy.

"A September 2019 study by Moody's Analytics found that the trade war had already cost the U.S. economy nearly 300,000 jobs and an estimated 0.3% of real GDP. Other studies put the cost to U.S. GDP at about 0.7%. A 2019 report from Bloomberg Economics estimated that the trade war would cost the U.S. economy $316 billion by the end of 2020, while more recent research from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Columbia University found that U.S. companies lost at least $1.7 trillion in the price of their stocks as a result of U.S. tariffs imposed on imports from China."

"A September 2019 study by Moody's Analytics found that the trade war had already cost the U.S. economy nearly 300,000 jobs and an estimated 0.3% of real GDP. Other studies put the cost to U.S. GDP at about 0.7%. A 2019 report from Bloomberg Economics estimated that the trade war would cost the U.S. economy $316 billion by the end of 2020, while more recent research from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Columbia University found that U.S. companies lost at least $1.7 trillion in the price of their stocks as a result of U.S. tariffs imposed on imports from China."

Yet Biden hasn’t removed them.

She’s lying. She wouldn’t dare admit she was wrong and her life was better under Trump. She’s one of those soft brained, emotional clown, liberal idiots that have helped ruin this country by agreeing and voting for the scum of the earth and their wack job ideas and policies.
Bless your hateful ignorant heart. Scum of the earth? Good description of Donnie boy. Only people with no sense of morals or values could vote for a disgraceful man like him.

Can you expand your thought a little bit? I don't want fascism either but that has nothing to do with my post. Stay on topic. Name a President that made a unilateral decision or act that affected the economy.
trump, if you elect trump thats what we will have.

Keep your eye on this ribbont guy. Showing potential as a prospect. Seen him mother**** anyone yet? Go off the rails?

Write back

Lol. I've been here for 20+ years. Started with peegs dialing up on my company issued laptop in 1998.

Yet Biden has continued them. That may be a worse decision- to continue a policy he knows is detrimental to the economy.

You are wrong Aloha , trump would send the special forces on his domestic enemies ,making him very very dangerous.
Danc you think its funny, trump has said he would mark my words. You are following a fascist dictator

Not possible.
Aloha when they had the protest at Wash , trump had the national guard across the river and had to be talk down from using them. He has already said he would use the Nat guard against his enemies domestic. Do not sell trump short. He wants the power and he is a wanna-be dictator.

Lol. I've been here for 20+ years. Started with peegs dialing up on my company issued laptop in 1998.

Yet Biden has continued them. That may be a worse decision- to continue a policy he knows is detrimental to the economy.
I do not know where you get your statistics but our economy is strong and our gdp is the best in the world.

I do not know where you get your statistics but our economy is strong and our gdp is the best in the world.

Good grief. Keep up with the topic.

Oh to address your post, the economy is like IU basketball winning 4 games after going 1-13 during the Miller years. Not hard to bounce back from the Biden economy of 2021 and 2022 that included a recession...until Biden changed the definition of a recession. He's the Archie Miller of presidents.

Oh to address your post, the economy is like IU basketball winning 4 games after going 1-13 during the Miller years. Not hard to bounce back from the Biden economy of 2021 and 2022 that included a recession...until Biden changed the definition of a recession. He's the Archie Miller of presidents.
We had no recession, that is gop jibberish

I think willdog is a troll acct fyi

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT