ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona GOP censures Cindy McCain

Yeah, the rebirth of the Republican party is coming along swimmingly.

Some here will insist this reflects your obsession with Trump, that Trump is rapidly fading away. Actually the Trump Phenomenon is a malignant cancer that has spread faster and farther than covid. One wonders if there’s a cure.

Some here will insist this reflects your obsession with Trump, that Trump is rapidly fading away. Actually the Trump Phenomenon is a malignant cancer that has spread faster and farther than covid. One wonders if there’s a cure.
Lame

Reactions: Crayfish57
I predict some day soon there will be a groundswell of the GOP who realize the great election fraud lie is leading the party over a cliff. Trump lost, and now they're expelling anyone who admits it. Not only do his supporters need a civics lesson, looks like a math refresher is in order.

I predict some day soon there will be a groundswell of the GOP who realize the great election fraud lie is leading the party over a cliff. Trump lost, and now they're expelling anyone who admits it. Not only do his supporters need a civics lesson, looks like a math refresher is in order.
Wishful thinking on your part,not gonna happen!

Yeah, the rebirth of the Republican party is coming along swimmingly.

This is crazy since Biden, not Trump, won Arizona and this censure has no effect. It's like the Republicans said, "We don't just disapprove of McCain, we strongly disapprove."

These Republicans are fighting to hold back the tide.

This is crazy since Biden, not Trump, won Arizona and this censure has no effect. It's like the Republicans said, "We don't just disapprove of McCain, we strongly disapprove."

These Republicans are fighting to hold back the tide.

Hawaii GOP doubling down on Q. Read the whole thread. The lunacy. I mean if there’s a more toothless GOP contingent than Hawaii’s lemme know. But still.

You never, and I mean never, elevate 4chan as anything other than an incel troll factory.

This is where I disagree with those who say Trumpism ends when Trump is gone. Look at state and local GOP parties. They have gone off the rails to the extreme right. The red states have gotten deeper red. Indiana is a great example of this.

I guess I just don’t see a quick and easy turn to a moderate right of center party. The logistics of an actual third party still remain daunting, but I think the demand for that party exists. Both on the extreme right and those moderates in the middle. They don’t want to be in the same party anymore. That coalition is busted. I bet the Democrats will be facing the same challenge very soon. Red dog moderates will not go along with far left policies. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

This is where I disagree with those who say Trumpism ends when Trump is gone. Look at state and local GOP parties. They have gone off the rails to the extreme right. The red states have gotten deeper red. Indiana is a great example of this.

I guess I just don’t see a quick and easy turn to a moderate right of center party. The logistics of an actual third party still remain daunting, but I think the demand for that party exists. Both on the extreme right and those moderates in the middle. They don’t want to be in the same party anymore. That coalition is busted. I bet the Democrats will be facing the same challenge very soon. Red dog moderates will not go along with far left policies. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
You know I’m for a third party but I think a lot of repubs are scared that the math will hurt them by splitting leaving no chance to beat the Dems.

Last edited:
This radialism was evident long before Trump, he just seized on it and embraced it unapologetically. The Murdock primary of Lugar was a perfect example.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUINSB and Cortez88
This radialism was evident long before Trump, he just seized on it and embraced it apologetically. The Murdock primary of Lugar was a perfect example.
The Tea Party was/is a legitimate policy position, not based on fabricated lies about reality. Trump legitimized and normalized in-your-face, fvk-you lying about reality.

Reactions: HooDatGuy
You know I’m for a third party but I think a lot of repubs are scared that the math will hurt them by splitting leaving no chance to beat the Dems.

The pub that worries me the most when it comes to the game is Nikki Haley.

She's young, smart, has Trump's blessing but didn't get caught up in the insurrection shitshow.

I think she has a chance to stitch the party together, assuming that Harris will be the dem frontrunner.

All the pubs have to do is win over the working class and then repair the suburbs.

Haley can speak to the suburbs.

Plus it would piss off the dems if the first woman president was a pub.

Reactions: Spartans9312

She's young, smart, has Trump's blessing but didn't get caught up in the insurrection shitshow.

I think she has a chance to stitch the party together, assuming that Harris will be the dem frontrunner.

All the pubs have to do is win over the working class and then repair the suburbs.

no. no clemson people

It certainly seems like she's being groomed for a run at President. I don't find her as charismatic as some, but you would hope she could at least beat Harris.

It certainly seems like she's being groomed for a run at President. I don't find her as charismatic as some, but you would hope she could at least beat Harris.
If she runs, I hope she and Ivanka are in the same primary, so we can see who is the biggest bitch.

I would have to think she's at the top of the list for the reasons you mentioned.

I'm not really sure who else from the GOP would be a top primary prospect. I think Cruz will throw his hat in the ring, but I think it'll promptly be thrown right back out. I'd guess Josh Hawley would do well to sit 2024 out so people forget his Trump/insurrection ties.

If she runs, I hope she and Ivanka are in the same primary, so we can see who is the biggest bitch.
my guess is that the Trumps are done with being directly involved in public office. I think they'll do what they can to sway voters one way or the other in primaries, but I think they're going to have their hands full trying to figure out new ways to bilk people out of money since most banks and organizations aren't doing business with them.

my guess is that the Trumps are done with being directly involved in public office. I think they'll do what they can to sway voters one way or the other in primaries, but I think they're going to have their hands full trying to figure out new ways to bilk people out of money since most banks and organizations aren't doing business with them.
Unless he's disqualified through either impeachment and conviction or through the 14th, I suspect Donald will try and get back in the game, if nothing more than as a kingmaker. It will be the best way for him to keep the money rolling in and backing in the glow of the adoring crowds.

I would have to think she's at the top of the list for the reasons you mentioned.

I'm not really sure who else from the GOP would be a top primary prospect. I think Cruz will throw his hat in the ring, but I think it'll promptly be thrown right back out. I'd guess Josh Hawley would do well to sit 2024 out so people forget his Trump/insurrection ties.
desantis. fla is rocking and his policies there appeal to repubs. his pedigree is presidential: yale; harvard law; jag (navy).

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312

I have precisely the same sentiment. She could probably win going away.

If Trump stays in the political influence game, then it will be a race to the bottom for whoever is running (assuming Trump himself isn't) to show the most fealty. Cruz and Hawley would stroke him off in public if that's what it took; I'd like to think Haley wouldn't go as low as it would take to lock in the Trump base.

If Trump stays in the political influence game, then it will be a race to the bottom for whoever is running (assuming Trump himself isn't) to show the most fealty. Cruz and Hawley would stroke him off in public if that's what it took; I'd like to think Haley wouldn't go as low as it would take to lock in the Trump base.
Initially I had a good impression of her. As time went on, it became clearer and clearer that she’s a pro bullshitter like the rest of them.

Cruz will run. I think GOP leadership is pushing Tim Scott to make a bid. Crenshaw will run one day but not now. I think Romney gives one last effort as well. DeSantis is probably better than even chance he runs.

And of course Haley.

Cruz will run. I think GOP leadership is pushing Tim Scott to make a bid. Crenshaw will run one day but not now. I think Romney gives one last effort as well. DeSantis is probably better than even chance he runs.

And of course Haley.
i didn't realize desantis is only 42

Romney won't run. He's content to play Elder Statesman. He'd probably take a draft if offered. But that's never going to happen in this day and age where the nominee is determined by the primary vote.

Romney won't run. He's content to play Elder Statesman. He'd probably take a draft if offered. But that's never going to happen in this day and age where the nominee is determined by the primary vote.
Romney doesn’t stand a chance. He’s far too centrist, reasonable, and he would never get through a primary again.

Romney doesn’t stand a chance. He’s far too centrist, reasonable, and he would never get through a primary again.
The Republican Party nominated Romney once, and followed that up by nominating Trump twice. Think about that.

The Republican Party nominated Romney once, and followed that up by nominating Trump twice. Think about that.
I tried thinking, ruminating, cogitating, pondering, got any other suggestions?

Republicans want to pretend like it never happened, just like January 6, just another day in the life. I wonder. Civilizations rise and eventually fall. Civilization itself is a fragile proposition. Something changed in the last four years. Even if Trump was just a symptom of something deeper, something changed.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
They will bilk the rubes right up to the date when it is time to declare. Then they will back out.

That's if not indicted on one of the many charges they face at the state level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT