ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone listen to the Sleepers podcast?

But we need offense from the perimeter this year will he give it this year?
He will be a 10-12 point guy. Thats all we need from him. Hes also a 40 plus shooter. He will draw his man for that reason. MM and X will both draw guys. This team will probably average 8 made on 18-20 takes. That’s plenty. One thing that they need is to get to the line and rebound more. IU had no 3 level guys at the wing. Now they have 2. That will help imho.

He will be a 10-12 point guy. Thats all we need from him. Hes also a 40 plus shooter. He will draw his man for that reason. MM and X will both draw guys. This team will probably average 8 made on 18-20 takes. That’s plenty. One thing that they need is to get to the line and rebound more. IU had no 3 level guys at the wing. Now they have 2. That will help imho.
Only one team shot 40+% last year and while there seems to be shooters on the team this year, I doubt we'll be sinking them that consistently. I'd be more than happy to take last years percentage (.368%) so long as we shoot 20+ 3's a game. 650 3's should be the floor of how many we take.

Guys have pretty good podcast, focusing on the B10 but also college bball in general. I think one is an MSU fan and the other UM, but they do a good job of covering the entire league, and it's good to hear about all the programs, and they definitely do not have an IU bias. One said he doesn't think IU will make the tourney and I think that a successful season would be sweeping PU again. Whereas for PU he said they need to win both the league and B10 tournament, Edey NPOY and make a F4, so they are all in on the Boilers! Anyway, I guess Mason Gillis was being Mason Gillis and said he could accept losing to IU twice to get a B10 ring. What a doofus; wouldn't it be easier to win a B10 title if you didn't get swept by your rival? I guess Edey was wearing his Big 10 rings on a chain at a football game too. I guess that's how they're dealing with the disappointment that was Fairleigh Dickinson, but playing up how much the B10 title means to them. Purdue being Purdue!

I do not dislike them but after watching them twice, i think I can find better options for spending my leisure time.

Only one team shot 40+% last year and while there seems to be shooters on the team this year, I doubt we'll be sinking them that consistently. I'd be more than happy to take last years percentage (.368%) so long as we shoot 20+ 3's a game. 650 3's should be the floor of how many we take.
If you have seen my posts in the past then you know I’ve always maintained that you don’t need as many makes as people think. 7-9 a game at 35-38%. I know teams don’t average 40%.(didn’t even say or imply that) 7 for 18 to 8 of 20 is sufficient and efficient. IU was actually efficient last year just didn’t take enough.

If you have seen my posts in the past then you know I’ve always maintained that you don’t need as many makes as people think. 7-9 a game at 35-38%. I know teams don’t average 40%.(didn’t even say or imply that) 7 for 18 to 8 of 20 is sufficient and efficient. IU was actually efficient last year just didn’t take enough.
Part of the reason IU didn't take as many is 3's is because TJD dominated shots and he only shot inside. Last year Indiana was 63rd in FGA, 11th in 2PA. I can't imagine we're going to slow down pace with the squad we have right now so the 3 pointers are going to increase.

8/20 is 40%. 7-9 made 3-pointers would need to be 18-24 3PA per game if we're going to hit 38% and that is likely on the high end. To match our D1 48th ranked .368% 3P% we'd need one more on both ends at 19-25. The middle of that is an amount of 3's I would be very happy taking per game and we'd still be average in D1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT