ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else tired of "the sky is falling" and "fire Woodson"

If I hear Fife or Matta say "Woodson ignores me" then I'll believe it. Until then, it's all rumor being spread by people who have agendas of their own.

Here is what Woodson himself said:

“Dane is someone who I have always had the utmost respect for,” said Woodson. “His knowledge of the Big Ten and his success as a recruiter will be an invaluable asset as we look to continue building a staff that will help elevate this program to the highest levels. I know his love for the for the Hoosiers and this University comes across the moment you talk to him and we are excited to welcome back Dane

Reactions: Beorik
And every coach since then has proven to not be competent. Crean is far and away the best coach of the last 3 staffs. It should be eye opening to you that Dakich went out of his way to defend Woodson all year, and is now being forced to air some negative crap.

He still wasn't even talking shit about Woodson. He was saying he was getting bad advice from people who don't know this level of basketball.
The guy who posted the stuff on Matta and Fife is connected and usually right. He got trashed on this site by a few because they claim he was dead wrong on Brad Stevens so by default he is not reliable. Was he wrong I guess you can say so because we did not get him. But all the info he had on the what we offered, who went to see him, who the boosters were offering the money, etc all seemed legit it just sounded like at the end Stevens decided to stay put. But is certainly sounded like Stevens listened closely to the offer unless you think this poster made it all up. Not sure why he would make the Matta and Fife stuff up but I guess is theory he could just not sure what he has to gain by doing that.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
If I hear Fife or Matta say "Woodson ignores me" then I'll believe it. Until then, it's all rumor being spread by people who have agendas of their own.

Here is what Woodson himself said:

“Dane is someone who I have always had the utmost respect for,” said Woodson. “His knowledge of the Big Ten and his success as a recruiter will be an invaluable asset as we look to continue building a staff that will help elevate this program to the highest levels. I know his love for the for the Hoosiers and this University comes across the moment you talk to him and we are excited to welcome back Dane
If there are issues between the two they are certainly not going to come out and go public with it during the season. Fife would maybe never say anything he likely wants to be a head coach so trashing his current coach is public certainly would not help him gain a job. Usually in those situations like in politics in the offseason the assistant finds a new job and they both say how great it was to work together and they wish him nothing but the best. Happens all the time especially in politics. So my point is you will likely never hear Fife say Woodson ignores me in public even if Woodson is driving him crazy. But if Fife suddenly left after the season I think you could read between the lines.

If there are issues between the two they are certainly not going to come out and go public with it during the season. Fife would maybe never say anything he likely wants to be a head coach so trashing his current coach is public certainly would not help him gain a job. Usually in those situations like in politics in the offseason the assistant finds a new job and they both say how great it was to work together and they wish him nothing but the best. Happens all the time especially in politics. So my point is you will likely never hear Fife say Woodson ignores me in public even if Woodson is driving him crazy. But if Fife suddenly left after the season I think you could read between the lines.
I agree if Fife and/or Matta leave, that could be a strong indicator they are unhappy with their situation here. Depending on what they leave for, if it's really an "offer too good to refuse" maybe not, but with Fife the presumed successor to Woody in a few years, it would be concerning if he left after one season, for unclear reasons.

I agree if Fife and/or Matta leave, that could be a strong indicator they are unhappy with their situation here. Depending on what they leave for, if it's really an "offer too good to refuse" maybe not, but with Fife the presumed successor to Woody in a few years, it would be concerning if he left after one season, for unclear reasons.
Exactly I think everyone expected Fife came here because he was going to be the IU coach after Woodson. He left a same type gig at Michigan State so I hight doubt he came to IU simply to be an assistant long term.

Exactly I think everyone expected Fife came here because he was going to be the IU coach after Woodson. He left a same type gig at Michigan State so I hight doubt he came to IU simply to be an assistant long term.
How do you know this? I have no inside info but I have a hard time thinking that Fife left MSU if he thought he was Izzo’s heir apparent. It seems more likely that he knew he wasn’t going to be and that is why he left that job.

Go back and read both posts. You can do it...pulling for you big guy.
You could have been talking about Dakich or the Peegs staff, you dumbass. Both say the same thing. Woodson only listens to Armond Hill, Jim Todd, and Randy Wittman. They both also say Matta and Fife aren’t listened to at all and that Dolson put them in place, not Woodson.

You could have been talking about Dakich or the Peegs staff, you dumbass. Both say the same thing. Woodson only listens to Armond Hill, Jim Todd, and Randy Wittman. They both also say Matta and Fife aren’t listened to at all and that Dolson put them in place, not Woodson.
Dumbass? lol. It was your error. Dakich "reporting" was your first clue Ace.

Was there anyone besides you that was unaware that Scott assembled the staff?

Are you new here or just some recycled troll?

Dumbass? lol. It was your error. Dakich "reporting" was your first clue Ace.

Was there anyone besides you that was unaware that Scott assembled the staff?

Are you new here or just some recycled troll?
I’m Nc_Trojan10. Dolson picked Matta and Fife. Woodson picked the rest. Woodson only listens to those he brought in (even though the two Dolson brought in have far and away the most college basketball experience/accolades).

I’m Nc_Trojan10. Dolson picked Matta and Fife. Woodson picked the rest. Woodson only listens to those he brought in (even though the two Dolson brought in have far and away the most college basketball experience/accolades).
How did you get banned?

How do you know this? I have no inside info but I have a hard time thinking that Fife left MSU if he thought he was Izzo’s heir apparent. It seems more likely that he knew he wasn’t going to be and that is why he left that job.
I do not know for sure but just like nobody knows anything for sure. i am only speculating given he had a good gig I guess he could of come simply for the love of IU but I would think he likely expects to be the IU coach someday.

If all of this is actually true I cannot imagine it is going to last as is. I mean Woodson might as well have several NBA guys on the bench with him if that is who he is taking all of his advice from. It serves no purpose to have guys on the bench you will not listen too. I guess for recruiting it makes sense but for in game decisions you need guys on the bench who will give you advice you will listen too.

If all of this is actually true I cannot imagine it is going to last as is. I mean Woodson might as well have several NBA guys on the bench with him if that is who he is taking all of his advice from. It serves no purpose to have guys on the bench you will not listen too. I guess for recruiting it makes sense but for in game decisions you need guys on the bench who will give you advice you will listen too.
Dolson should cut off his "consulting" fund or make it so he can only use the consulting fund for consultants with college basketball experience.

Fife yes, Matta no. From the beginning I have always thought the Matta job could be a 1 year thing mainly to help Woodson transition to college by taking over a lot administration stuff and guide him through a lot of the modern NCAA nut and bolts - stuff like coordinating practice/conditioning schedules with classes and staying within NCAA limits, managing media availability of staff and players, getting Woodson up to speed on recruiting rules, supervising support staff, etc. A lot of these things assistant coaches could maybe help with, but having Matta is another experienced voice where Woodson would not be informed enough to have developed a clear opinion

Fife yes, Matta no. From the beginning I have always thought the Matta job could be a 1 year thing mainly to help Woodson transition to college by taking over a lot administration stuff and guide him through a lot of the modern NCAA nut and bolts - stuff like coordinating practice/conditioning schedules with classes and staying within NCAA limits, managing media availability of staff and players, getting Woodson up to speed on recruiting rules, supervising support staff, etc. A lot of these things assistant coaches could maybe help with, but having Matta is another experienced voice where Woodson would not be informed enough to have developed a clear opinion

Matta is auditioning for the Butler AD job once Collier inevitably retires.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT