ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else tired of "the sky is falling" and "fire Woodson"

In reality Woodson has one more year. That’s it. He doesn’t have the same cult following Crean and Archie did. IU fans are tired of getting burned by coaches so right or wrong Woodson has a short leash. It’s do or die time next season.
I’m speechless but not surprised by these statements.

In reality Woodson has one more year. That’s it. He doesn’t have the same cult following Crean and Archie did. IU fans are tired of getting burned by coaches so right or wrong Woodson has a short leash. It’s do or die time next season.
What planet have you been living on? People respect Woodson (and us old guys absolutely love him and his pedigree).
The man deserves a couple of years to rebuild and remake the program

What planet have you been living on? People respect Woodson (and us old guys absolutely love him and his pedigree).
It’s funny in another post a Wisconsin fan said IU had 3rd tier talent in the B10, yet some fans think Woodson should’ve competed for a title this year. Talk about unrealistic expectations.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
It’s funny in another post a Wisconsin fan said IU had 3rd tier talent in the B10, yet some fans think Woodson should’ve competed for a title this year. Talk about unrealistic expectations.
Hell Davis(Wisconsin)said IU has TJD and then….not much else.

Six coaches in 22 years? Three coaches in 6 years?

And just who will take the job with that kind of turnover rate?

Woodson gets five years at least. Ridiculous to give a coach ONE recruiting class!
Five years lol why not give him 10 minimum. He needs two full recruiting classes

Reactions: Fpeaugh2
He has has fan boy club on this board but its nothing like crean had. People are no longer willing to give three year honeymoons and woodson himself promised results right away. If he tanks next year it will get ugly. Yes he will still have his fan boys but most fans will not be happy at all. They are out of patience with this program. Been patient for twenty years

He has has fan boy club on this board but its nothing like crean had. People are no longer willing to give three year honeymoons and woodson himself promised results right away. If he tanks next year it will get ugly. Yes he will still have his fan boys but most fans will not be happy at all. They are out of patience with this program. Been patient for twenty years

bro, there is a rigorous administrative process in place at IU - and most universities - that helps keep idiots like you from being anywhere near decision making positions.

there are no farking woodson fanboys, just IU fans thinking that maybe, just maybe, you can’t fix 30 years of suck in 30 games with a roster you didn’t have much time build. That’s it. Maybe he fails, maybe he doesn’t. Cut the douche bag fan boy callout shit. It’s crap. Only you and 7 idiots here believe it. Feel free to link us to the fan boy posts anytime……

There will always be those people who blindly support whoever is coach until the day he is fired. I get that. I definitely still support the staff. I’m just saying that another flop like this year and he will lose the fanbase. Right or wrong the leash is very short.

There will always be those people who blindly support whoever is coach until the day he is fired. I get that. I definitely still support the staff. I’m just saying that another flop like this year and he will lose the fanbase. Right or wrong the leash is very short.
Should he keep listening to his NBA guys or should he listen to Fife?

This is how excuses and blindness lead to 9 years of Crean. Not one person has ever said a title. Most (including nearly every media expert) expected us to make the tournament. That’s a fair bar. And we failed miserably. No one is saying fire him tomorrow, the objective ones are saying he has to surprise to the upside next season.

I’m not sure most of the loyalists understand your point about losing the fan base. You can’t keep selling an NIT product forever. Plus, let’s face it, Woodson is in his 60’s. I don’t think he’d have taken this job if honestly felt it was a 4-5 year rebuild.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: bailey777
This is how excuses and blindness lead to 9 years of Crean. Not one person has ever said a title. Most (including nearly every media expert) expected us to make the tournament. That’s a fair bar. And we failed miserably. No one is saying fire him tomorrow, the objective ones are saying he has to surprise to the upside next season.
Actually, I think both are true. I think the media experts were a little too generous in their assessment as whether we are a tournament team, but we did also fail miserably (as we had chances that we couldn't and didn't convert).

I guess I'm more "expert" than the media, because I didn't think we'd be a tournament team. Was skeptical of who Woody brought in from the portal (remember, Kopp's best game at NW last year...was against us), and I thought the returning talent had too many warts (which have come to pass). And Woody's obstinance in continuing to start Kopp and Stewart when very clearly that experiment should've been over before B1G play started is a red flag. He clearly didn't learn from his mentor that anyone who outplays a starter in the first half of a game should be starting the second half, and maybe should be starting the next game.

Actually, I think both are true. I think the media experts were a little too generous in their assessment as whether we are a tournament team, but we did also fail miserably (as we had chances that we couldn't and didn't convert).

I guess I'm more "expert" than the media, because I didn't think we'd be a tournament team. Was skeptical of who Woody brought in from the portal (remember, Kopp's best game at NW last year...was against us), and I thought the returning talent had too many warts (which have come to pass). And Woody's obstinance in continuing to start Kopp and Stewart when very clearly that experiment should've been over before B1G play started is a red flag. He clearly didn't learn from his mentor that anyone who outplays a starter in the first half of a game should be starting the second half, and maybe should be starting the next game.
Sitting those guys at Northwestern might have been the beginning of the end for his time at IU.

Should he keep listening to his NBA guys or should he listen to Fife?
Dakich is saying that Woody only listens to guys who have never coached in college before. Said Fife tried to tell him something with the clipboard against Purdue and Woody turned his back and walked away. Wonder if there's some real truth to the Fife/Matta rumors.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Dakich is saying that Woody only listens to guys who have never coached in college before. Said Fife tried to tell him something with the clipboard against Purdue and Woody turned his back and walked away. Wonder if there's some real truth to the Fife/Matta rumors.
Weird, that sounds exactly like what I have been saying. Jim Todd, Armond Hill, and Randy Wittman are the only members of the IU "staff" Woodson listens to. Hunter and Ya are there to recruit. Fife and Matta are there because Dolson wanted them to be.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Everyone knows Woody gets two more seasons if he wants them and he does have SOME talent coming in the next two classes. HOWEVER, I don't know anyone who was overly impressed with his coaching this season. The second half collapses don't speak well of his in-game adjustments. Being a "Bobby Knight" guy doesn't change that fact.

Didnt we say that a few weeks ago but got trashed and told the guy who said it is not a good source and should be ignored?

Hasn’t Dakich talked shit about every IU coach since he was shown the door?

Reactions: ams66
Weird, that sounds exactly like what I have been saying. Jim Todd, Armond Hill, and Randy Wittman are the only members of the IU "staff" Woodson listens to. Hunter and Ya are there to recruit. Fife and Matta are there because Dolson wanted them to be.
What is weird is I acatully thought the Fife and Matta thing was something Woodson was all aboard with and wanted. It is pretty concerning if that was something that had to be forced on him. You would think Dolson would have had all that figured out before he hired him.

You are correct there is a group on this board who will support the coach no matter how bad they are until the day they are fired. While some post honest evaluations of the program and coaching they consider it to be anti IU and anti Woodson. They think you hate IU because you are critical of the coach and the season. There is no in between to them if you are not 100% always everything is great you simply hate IU to them or you are a troll they say. Anything less than blind loyalty is considered being anti IU as I said.

Actually, no. he's been very defensive of Woodson. At some point he just has to call a spade a spade.
I do not listen to him anymore but I would expect him to be a 100% Woodson fan boy considering he is an IU guy that old guard was screaming for an IU guy all these years. I certainly remember Dan talking about hiring IU guys before.

Actually, no. he's been very defensive of Woodson. At some point he just has to call a spade a spade.
So now that he is talking shit about Woodson….. yep he has talked shit about every coach we have had since he was shown the door.

So now that he is talking shit about Woodson….. yep he has talked shit about every coach we have had since he was shown the door.
And every coach since then has proven to not be competent. Crean is far and away the best coach of the last 3 staffs. It should be eye opening to you that Dakich went out of his way to defend Woodson all year, and is now being forced to air some negative crap.

He still wasn't even talking shit about Woodson. He was saying he was getting bad advice from people who don't know this level of basketball.

Listen to what Dan says. He explains why he feels and says what he does. He gave a specific example that started the whole conversation.

And every coach since then has proven to not be competent. Crean is far and away the best coach of the last 3 staffs. It should be eye opening to you that Dakich went out of his way to defend Woodson all year, and is now being forced to air some negative crap.

He still wasn't even talking shit about Woodson. He was saying he was getting bad advice from people who don't know this level of basketball.
I have never listened to him. On his best day he is a shock jock and will say/do anything for ratings and attention.

Nothing he says is eye opening to me. What I find eye opening is that anyone with an IQ over 40 really believes that Woodson doesn’t listen to his assistants. Will he always do what they suggest? Probably not. Does he ignore them? Almost certainly not. No matter what Dan says on the radio.

I have never listened to him. On his best day he is a shock jock and will say/do anything for ratings and attention.

Nothing he says is eye opening to me. What I find eye opening is that anyone with an IQ over 40 really believes that Woodson doesn’t listen to his assistants. Will he always do what they suggest? Probably not. Does he ignore them? Almost certainly not. No matter what Dan says on the radio.
How much more smoke do you need to believe there is fire? TOS has been saying it for months that Matta and Fife aren't utilized, and that he relies on the NBA guys mentioned above for game planning and in game adjustments.

Watch during games. For some reason our DOBO is not only the guy sitting right next to Woodson, but is also the guy Woodson spends the entire game talking to.

Do you at least believe Matta and Fife were additions that came from Dolson?

How much more smoke do you need to believe there is fire? TOS has been saying it for months that Matta and Fife aren't utilized, and that he relies on the NBA guys mentioned above for game planning and in game adjustments.

Watch during games. For some reason our DOBO is not only the guy sitting right next to Woodson, but is also the guy Woodson spends the entire game talking to.

Do you at least believe Matta and Fife were additions that came from Dolson?
Matta can’t even sit on the bench right? And Fife has looked very involved on the sidelines from what I can see. I have no idea who TOS is but if they think Woody doesn’t listen to Fife/Matta they are morons.

I have no idea who’s idea bringing Fife and Matta on board was because I wasn’t there and as far as I know neither was anyone besides Dolson and Woody.

I am 100% sure Woody listens to everyone around him and then makes his decision which may or may not align with what Woody/Fife say. You don’t get to the level Woody is at by ignoring those around you who have been hired to help.

Matta can’t even sit on the bench right? And Fife has looked very involved on the sidelines from what I can see. I have no idea who TOS is but if they think Woody doesn’t listen to Fife/Matta they are morons.

I have no idea who’s idea bringing Fife and Matta on board was because I wasn’t there and as far as I know neither was anyone besides Dolson and Woody.

I am 100% sure Woody listens to everyone around him and then makes his decision which may or may not align with what Woody/Fife say. You don’t get to the level Woody is at by ignoring those around you who have been hired to help.
Matta can't sit on the bench, but who better than him to help game plan and take advice from? He's far and away the best college basketball coach at their disposal.

TOS = The Staff at Peegs

How can you possibly be 100% sure Woodson listens to everyone around him? Just using your own logic, you aren't there and involved in those conversations, so how can you possibly know?

Woodson listens to those he hired to help. He doesn't listen to those hired for him. It just so happens the ones he hired don't know anything about the college game.

Matta can't sit on the bench, but who better than him to help game plan and take advice from? He's far and away the best college basketball coach at their disposal.

TOS = The Staff at Peegs

How can you possibly be 100% sure Woodson listens to everyone around him? Just using your own logic, you aren't there and involved in those conversations, so how can you possibly know?

Woodson listens to those he hired to help. He doesn't listen to those hired for him. It just so happens the ones he hired don't know anything about the college game.
Then why is Fife involved/engaged with the players on the sideline? If Woody doesn’t trust him enough to listen to what he says why would he let the players? Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Then why is Fife involved/engaged with the players on the sideline? If Woody doesn’t trust him enough to listen to what he says why would he let the players? Just doesn’t make sense to me.
Because it's his job. You now have Indy media (Dakich) reporting what IU media (TOS) has been saying for months with regards to who Woodson does and doesn't listen to. Yet, you are very confident they are morons. Maybe Woodson is the moron?

You are correct there is a group on this board who will support the coach no matter how bad they are until the day they are fired. While some post honest evaluations of the program and coaching they consider it to be anti IU and anti Woodson. They think you hate IU because you are critical of the coach and the season. There is no in between to them if you are not 100% always everything is great you simply hate IU to them or you are a troll they say. Anything less than blind loyalty is considered being anti IU as I said.
You are simply constructing a straw man. There is nobody posting regularly on this board who matches this description.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Because it's his job. You now have Indy media (Dakich) reporting what IU media (TOS) has been saying for months with regards to who Woodson does and doesn't listen to. Yet, you are very confident they are morons. Maybe Woodson is the moron?
You can think that if you want. I think they are morons if they think he doesn’t listen to Fife/Matta.

What prey tell is he "reporting" now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT