ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese, LSU basketball player

That's sexism? I don't think Clark is attractive, but she's not that bad (I've been with worse!). But, people don't judge male players in a similar vein? Remember Unibrow?
Yes when you say she looks like a man. People rarely judge a men’s player on his looks, I can think of a few. People constantly judge women’s players on their looks. Why do you think Sydney has the most commercials for IU? Nothing wrong with it, but it’s just a fact that the better looking women will get the most deals, unless you are a superstar like Caitlin. I actually think I read Angel makes more than Caitlin though. And we CAN talk about how cute Trey is.

Where does it say that a player has to like their coach? The coach is there to get as much out of you by instructing on how you can get better and what you are doing wrong. Seth Greenburg said he sat in on UConn's practice and film session. He said Coach Hurley was ripping players like crazy as they are watching film. Afterwards the players are all hugging him. Nobody wants to get ripped unless they realize that getting ripped makes you get better.
No one was talking about players liking their coach.

4f6d0c91-f704-49a1-b714-75601d7eb19b_text.gif

Underrated post

Yes when you say she looks like a man. People rarely judge a men’s player on his looks, I can think of a few. People constantly judge women’s players on their looks. Why do you think Sydney has the most commercials for IU? Nothing wrong with it, but it’s just a fact that the better looking women will get the most deals, unless you are a superstar like Caitlin. I actually think I read Angel makes more than Caitlin though. And we CAN talk about how cute Trey is.

I don't think that is sexism though. That isn't putting down the woman for the benefit of a man - it's actually putting down both.

Of course - hotties always get the $. It's biology. But, men aren't the one complaining about that dynamic.

Uh-huh.

If you're one of those guys who can only enjoy makes, you should just watch this year's NBA All-Star game on repeat. Nobody stopped anybody from making anything. Electrifying. :rolleyes:
Respectfully disagree. I love a game featuring good defense. That 38% wasn't because of lockdown defense. It was a cluster under the basket. That's sloppy.

In other words, I don't want all makes. But I do want some makes.

I don't think that is sexism though. That isn't putting down the woman for the benefit of a man - it's actually putting down both.

Of course - hotties always get the $. It's biology. But, men aren't the one complaining about that dynamic.
I don’t think that’s putting down men. It’s a thing mostly men say to put down women. It was said about Michelle Obama, which is really stupid. I guess because she works out and is fit?

Respectfully disagree. I love a game featuring good defense. That 38% wasn't because of lockdown defense. It was a cluster under the basket. That's sloppy.

It’s just a difference of opinion. Some people like pros. I normally don’t enjoy it at all. I like college, but the players transferring and leaving early has made me enjoy it less. With the women staying around 4 and 5 years, you get to learn and enjoy their personalities and games. As the women’s game grows, it will likely have the same problem as the men.

Well she doesn’t know much then does she? Guarantee the women’s tourney is breaking all kinds of records this year. I think it was Shaw who said it was much more compelling than the men’s. Softball? Seriously?
Compelling? The tournament probably has a bit more curiosity that years past but I'm pretty sure the bar was low. Women's softball is nice, the game is fast and has a different dimension that baseball due to field size and many other factors. If they lowered the rim for women so they could dunk and didn't miss so many shots around the rim it would increase interest.

I do think it is good for women's basketball to be more balanced, in the past it was 2-3 teams that were elite the rest were run of the mill.

Iowa shot 78% from free throw line and 12 errors. LSU had 13. That doesn’t seem like a sloppy game. I prefer a high scoring game to a 45-42 defensive battle, but I can appreciate good defense too.

Compelling? The tournament probably has a bit more curiosity that years past but I'm pretty sure the bar was low. Women's softball is nice, the game is fast and has a different dimension that baseball due to field size and many other factors. If they lowered the rim for women so they could dunk and didn't miss so many shots around the rim it would increase interest.

I do think it is good for women's basketball to be more balanced, in the past it was 2-3 teams that were elite the rest were run of the mill.
So, dunking?

It’s just a difference of opinion. Some people like pros. I normally don’t enjoy it at all. I like college, but the players transferring and leaving early has made me enjoy it less. With the women staying around 4 and 5 years, you get to learn and enjoy their personalities and games. As the women’s game grows, it will likely have the same problem as the men.
My Dad has dementia and loves IU Basketball. He won't have any idea who the players are next year. If he had seen them for three yrs I bet he would have good days where he knows them. But not now. Some of us loved the continuity of having kids there for four years. It's just not that way anymore.

She is a very unselfish player, as is Caitlin. Mulkey is a lot like Bob Knight. Great coach, lots of people don’t like them.
I have no clue what Caitlin is or isn't I've never watched a interview of her in my life. I watched several of Angel and she is the most self centered individual I've heard in a long time.

Mulkey wishes she was like Bob Knight, there was that one time when I saw him dress in a pink suit and had his grandkids do the same so maybe you are correct.

Did you read the article where it said men’s tournament has been losing viewership, while the women gain? It’s not just curiosity. You realize IU averaged 4th in the country in attendance, over 10,000 a game? So yes, compelling. I don’t care about dunking. I don’t think they need to change anything, as the game is only going to grow, I do agree with your point about it becoming more balanced. Very few huge upsets in the tourney. Ohio State probably being the biggest.

I have no clue what Caitlin is or isn't I've never watched a interview of her in my life. I watched several of Angel and she is the most self centered individual I've heard in a long time.

Mulkey wishes she was like Bob Knight, there was that one time when I saw him dress in a pink suit and had his grandkids do the same so maybe you are correct.
Why do you care about her clothes? Or maybe Bob Knight wishes he was her. She does have one more title than he does. You don’t follow women’s basketball , that’s fine.

Did you read the article where it said men’s tournament has been losing viewership, while the women gain? It’s not just curiosity. You realize IU averaged 4th in the country in attendance, over 10,000 a game? So yes, compelling. I don’t care about dunking. I don’t think they need to change anything, as the game is only going to grow, I do agree with your point about it becoming more balanced. Very few huge upsets in the tourney. Ohio State probably being the biggest.
IMO the men's game is trash, it is a bidding war with NIL and ease of transfer. The women's game is somewhat of a welcome relief to that, but probably more just knee jerk from traditionalist who long for the way it was in men's college basketball.

I enjoy athletic play, dunking is just one aspect of that. There is a reason the NBA has a dunk contest as it heightens the interest of the game.

IU women were good, and I'm glad the attendance was up it probably had something to do with how poor the men's team was and wanting to watch a win as opposed to a loss.

I disagree that people don't talk about men's players' looks. I think it's just more socially acceptable to rag on a guy for being overweight, having a receding hairline, or just looking kind of weird. I've only watched parts of a couple Indiana State games, but during both the announcers were talking Robbie Avila's looks. No way any announcer would touch saying anything good or bad about a college basketball player's looks.

That said, I think you're spot on about more attractive people getting more looks/coverage, but I also think they have to be good. If Sydney Parrish was stuck at the end of the bench or even just a role player I don't think the NIL dollars are rolling in for her.

Why do you care about her clothes? Or maybe Bob Knight wishes he was her. She does have one more title than he does. You don’t follow women’s basketball , that’s fine.
don't get too mad her clothes were funny and she definitely wore them to draw attention good and bad. I thought she looked like a circus clown, just my opinion. So I'm assuming she has 4 championships, I learned something today so thank you.

don't get too mad her clothes were funny and she definitely wore them to draw attention good and bad. I thought she looked like a circus clown, just my opinion. So I'm assuming she has 4 championships, I learned something today so thank you.
I’m not a fan of hers, honestly. But I do think she is a good coach. She won 3 at Baylor and 1 at LSU. She was a pretty good player herself.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

You do have to admit that clown suit she wore game before last was over the top.

I don’t think that’s putting down men. It’s a thing mostly men say to put down women. It was said about Michelle Obama, which is really stupid. I guess because she works out and is fit?

I'm so confused. I thought it was about Clark b/c of her looks. I was simply saying that isn't really the definition of sexism, but it could be some sort of prejudice.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
99.9 percent of the population couldn't tell you who, so Carolinas best player is. Angel Reese is only known because of Catlin Clark. do you know who so Carolinas best player is? I don't.
Yes I do. I follow women’s basketball. Their 6 7 center, Cardoso. Angel played at Maryland before she transferred to LSU. She made more in NIL last year than Caitlin, so I guess some people know her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT