ADVERTISEMENT

2022 IU Football Recruiting Thread

Monds reported offers from Neb, Wis, AS, Ark, Cincy, Kansas, KSU, MD, Miami, Michigan, MSU, Ms St., PSU, TN, Vandy, WT & WV, plus some lesser schools. The Nebraska rivals forum says he wasn't their highest priority because of his size, fwiw.

From my list, J. Lewis to ARK, Jointer to Ark, Durant to PSU, Spells to WV, M. Fries to Ill, M. Powell to ARK, J. Badie to ILL

Just a guess on my part as to who's how there that we may still have a legit chance at:

WRs: O. Cooper; G. Gaines; S.Miller

TEs: D. Lewis

OTs: K. Davis; L.Livingston; B. Mann(OT/DT); B. Lynch; T. Ramsey

G: DJ Moore

C: Taegue Anderson

DE: J. Strickland

DT. R. Harrison; J. Lyons; J. Marshall

OLB: M. Pollard

S. A. Brown

These guys seem like unlikely wildcards: G Jackson Pruitt; DE Mario Engenio; DE Sterling Lane; DE N. Kelly; DE C. Curry; DT A. Van Sumerern

Two TBs that we could probably get are J. Jennings from OH and D Trowers from FL. I don't think we get any others off my list, and I'm not sure how much we want these two guys, who are both smaller TBs. Not too concerned there, though, as we have good depth there.

I'm more concerned about DT. I was hoping for Marshall, but he looks like a Nebraska lean.

Not sure what's going on at Safety.

But....the 9 we have a great start. Signing date is not until mid-December. They'll be players that emerge in the Fall. If we have a good season, we'll be able to find another 11(?) or so.......and maybe we lean on the transfer portal at the TB & DT positions.
Sounds like people might be losing interest in Moore. I don't think Purdue is recruiting him much.

Monds reported offers from Neb, Wis, AS, Ark, Cincy, Kansas, KSU, MD, Miami, Michigan, MSU, Ms St., PSU, TN, Vandy, WT & WV, plus some lesser schools. The Nebraska rivals forum says he wasn't their highest priority because of his size, fwiw.

From my list, J. Lewis to ARK, Jointer to Ark, Durant to PSU, Spells to WV, M. Fries to Ill, M. Powell to ARK, J. Badie to ILL

Just a guess on my part as to who's how there that we may still have a legit chance at:

WRs: O. Cooper; G. Gaines; S.Miller

TEs: D. Lewis

OTs: K. Davis; L.Livingston; B. Mann(OT/DT); B. Lynch; T. Ramsey

G: DJ Moore

C: Taegue Anderson

DE: J. Strickland

DT. R. Harrison; J. Lyons; J. Marshall

OLB: M. Pollard

S. A. Brown

These guys seem like unlikely wildcards: G Jackson Pruitt; DE Mario Engenio; DE Sterling Lane; DE N. Kelly; DE C. Curry; DT A. Van Sumerern

Two TBs that we could probably get are J. Jennings from OH and D Trowers from FL. I don't think we get any others off my list, and I'm not sure how much we want these two guys, who are both smaller TBs. Not too concerned there, though, as we have good depth there.

I'm more concerned about DT. I was hoping for Marshall, but he looks like a Nebraska lean.

Not sure what's going on at Safety.

But....the 9 we have a great start. Signing date is not until mid-December. They'll be players that emerge in the Fall. If we have a good season, we'll be able to find another 11(?) or so.......and maybe we lean on the transfer portal at the TB & DT positions.

Couple things....

We're a top team for N. Kelly. He's definitely in the take category.

We're done at linebacker.

Your wide outs look spot on right now.

We're looking to take one, possibly two more offensive lineman, with DJ Moore being #1 priority. After him, it's a crap shoot. We're not after anyone that plays strictly center.

We're gonna take at least two safeties. That's why we've seen a flury of offers going out the last couple of days. Alfonzo Allen and Anthony Brown are the top two targets, but we'd have to flip Allen, and he's been one of the guys mentioned with the Arizona State investigation and Brown has been linked with Arkansas and a package deal with his friend Jaylen Lewis.

Defensive tackle will be a priority. Caden Curry, Jamari Lyons and Jalen Marshall are the top wants, with Lyons and Marshall being the mosf realistic since they both officialed already.

We'd like to flip James Jointer from Arkansas at running back, but now it doesn't look like it'll happen. He pinned his commitment tweet back to his Twitter page back up and deleted his big announcement tweet. We hosted Jaylin Lucas from Louisiana who they like a running back who would be in the mold of David Ellis. He's a definite take for us.

We also really want Strickland at defensive end.

At tight end, not sure who is the top target. I'm sure we want someone, but don't know who.

We are recruiting pretty well, and I’m definitely not complaining at all. But I did figure we’d be doing a little bit better than even this. I’ve watched teams like Kentucky and even Maryland put together classes where they get like 6-7 Four Star guys. I’m hoping we can still achieve that.

Well, if PU had him in for an “official” and they “aren’t recruiting him much “ as you say, then they really don’t have any idea what they are doing.
? They were recruiting him. Had him in. Took another commitment or two over him. And backed off. I'd rather have a 3 star with a mean streak then a 4 star without one. Also don't trust the star ratings to much this year though. Is DJ Moore a 4 star player still?

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
? They were recruiting him. Had him in. Took another commitment or two over him. And backed off. I'd rather have a 3 star with a mean streak then a 4 star without one. Also don't trust the star ratings to much this year though. Is DJ Moore a 4 star player still?
Not trying to knock the 4 OL kids that have committed to PU, but they have a combined 3 P5 offers not counting the PU offer each time.

Moore has 12 P5 offers plus Cincinnati. You very well could be right about Moore, and some of the schools might be backing off. But you add the rating difference and the scholarship offer list, Brohm is taking a bit of a leap of faith.

Outside of the top few guys in the class, it looks like Brohm is reaching.

Not trying to knock the 4 OL kids that have committed to PU, but they have a combined 3 P5 offers not counting the PU offer each time.

Moore has 12 P5 offers plus Cincinnati. You very well could be right about Moore, and some of the schools might be backing off. But you add the rating difference and the scholarship offer list, Brohm is taking a bit of a leap of faith.

Outside of the top few guys in the class, it looks like Brohm is reaching.
I actually like the class with maybe a couple guys being considered reaches. A lot of higher ceiling guys, with lower floors imo. Good news is, Purdue doesn't need the OL guys to come in and play. Finally getting talent and depth there. Be interesting to see what happens.

I question ratings and offers because when have these guys been seen? Granted, idk how rivals reports offers?

Rolling On The Floor In Laughter 🤣😂; who could have Ever predicted that a p u fan would say they "backed off" of him...??? 😆🤣😂😂😂

It seems Belima has had a good start to recruiting in Illinois. I saw where he picked up a couple of guys that showed an IU offer.

I actually like the class with maybe a couple guys being considered reaches. A lot of higher ceiling guys, with lower floors imo. Good news is, Purdue doesn't need the OL guys to come in and play. Finally getting talent and depth there. Be interesting to see what happens.

I question ratings and offers because when have these guys been seen? Granted, idk how rivals reports offers?
LOL, you said he “just” officially visited, you don’t bring someone in for an official (an in state 4 star no less) if you are “backing off”. I don’t care , nor do I have time to follow Pu recruiting, so I’m going off your comment, and you’re spewing out both sides of your mouth. Went and looked at your recent OL commits, frankly, not impressed, and apparently other schools weren’t either based on their lack of offers. I’d be concerned when I have 2 New Jersey OL commits and neither has an offer from Rutgers or Maryland, but keep on spinning !

Last edited:
LOL, you said he “just” officially visited, you don’t bring someone in for an official (an in state 4 star no less) if you are “backing off”. I don’t care , nor do I have time to follow Pu recruiting, so I’m going off your comment, and you’re spewing out both sides of your mouth. Went and looked at your recent OL commits, frankly, not impressed, and apparently other schools weren’t either based on their lack of offers. I’d be concerned when I have 2 New Jersey OL commits and neither has an offer from Rutgers or Maryland, but keep on spinning !

Moore would be their best offensive line prospect by a mile and all of a sudden, after he visits then, they back off? Yeah, that makes sense.

He's a rivals 250 kid. He's a in-state kid. Purdue didn't just back off him.

That's the spin they always try and put on when they don't get a kid, and this time, the kid hasn't even committed anywhere.

We are recruiting pretty well, and I’m definitely not complaining at all. But I did figure we’d be doing a little bit better than even this. I’ve watched teams like Kentucky and even Maryland put together classes where they get like 6-7 Four Star guys. I’m hoping we can still achieve that.

We're still in on some really good kids that haven't decided yet.

Joe Strickland, Nyjalik Kelley, Omar Cooper, Greg Gaines and DJ Moore are some four stars that we are after that haven't decided that we are in the top group for.

Plus we have high three stars Ryan Miller, Richard Thomas and Josh Hoover that all could potentially get ratings bumps if they show out up to a four star from their 5.7 rating for the star watchers out their during their high school seasons.

Our last two years are really paying off on the recruiting trail and it's showing.

Moore would be their best offensive line prospect by a mile and all of a sudden, after he visits then, they back off? Yeah, that makes sense.

He's a rivals 250 kid. He's a in-state kid. Purdue didn't just back off him.

That's the spin they always try and put on when they don't get a kid, and this time, the kid hasn't even committed anywhere.
Or they saw something they didn't like in the camp and visit....

I could easily spin it the other way. Why would the kid come in for a visit and say how much he liked it if he wasn't interested?

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and jsenleo

I could easily spin it the other way. Why would the kid come in for a visit and say how much he liked it if he wasn't interested?

I'm sure every kid sees something good in every school they visit... And, being courteous enough to compliment someplace and someone doesn't make it one's preference... or, even close. CTA recruits young men with quality standards... kids who would do exactly that.

Reactions: BoilerN and 76-1
We're still in on some really good kids that haven't decided yet.

Joe Strickland, Nyjalik Kelley, Omar Cooper, Greg Gaines and DJ Moore are some four stars that we are after that haven't decided that we are in the top group for.

Plus we have high three stars Ryan Miller, Richard Thomas and Josh Hoover that all could potentially get ratings bumps if they show out up to a four star from their 5.7 rating for the star watchers out their during their high school seasons.

Our last two years are really paying off on the recruiting trail and it's showing.

not to mention Carter smith who has a 4 star level offer list and is only 5.5 3 star

Does OSU landing the the 2021 #1 recruit, who happens to be a DL, have any impact on Curry's decision?

OSU is stacked on dline. At what point do you hit critical mass and recruits start saying the minutes are not there I need to look at other schools.

I realize coaching, competition, etc., also plays into it but if WVU is selling early playing time I am hoping it might work for us here too.

Have you ever heard a kid say how much he hated his visit ? Of course not, the tweet I saw from him after his Pu visit said it was “good”, hardly a rave review. Again, if Brohm is bringing in kids for officials at the end of June and “backing off” 2 days later, then he is truly clueless. The more likely scenario was Pu realized they weren’t getting him and accepted commits from kids lower on their board.

Does OSU landing the the 2021 #1 recruit, who happens to be a DL, have any impact on Curry's decision?

OSU is stacked on dline. At what point do you hit critical mass and recruits start saying the minutes are not there I need to look at other schools.

I realize coaching, competition, etc., also plays into it but if WVU is selling early playing time I am hoping it might work for us here too.
That thought crossed my mind too, but then thought "This kids is a DT maybe not a DE, which would keep door more open for Curry?" I would love to get Curry 1000%. But don't think IU's overall recruiting grade of success or failure comes down to any one kid, so while the door is 100% open for him, I'd also say IU should keep doing what it's doing and stay focused on getting best players who absolutely want to be at IU, and as we're seeing, we're getting some good ones already. Strickland is who I hope commits next. And yes, bring in Curry too and make it a huge Indiana, home state recruiting hall!

Will kids be willing to be second string at Nut State and lose a year of marketing or go to the next level and have that marketing now?

Kids at his level don’t worry about competition, and you probably wouldn’t want them if they did. Not sure ‘Bama and Clemson aren’t bigger threats to get him anyway. We are a long shot at this point, it’s just hard to turn down those type programs.

Reactions: TominDallas
Have you ever heard a kid say how much he hated his visit ? Of course not, the tweet I saw from him after his Pu visit said it was “good”, hardly a rave review. Again, if Brohm is bringing in kids for officials at the end of June and “backing off” 2 days later, then he is truly clueless. The more likely scenario was Pu realized they weren’t getting him and accepted commits from kids lower on their board.
I saw more than a tweet, so.... you could be right. So could I. I don't worry to much about stars on Oline though. Unless it's a 5 star guy. They can be so hit and miss. Need good development.

I saw more than a tweet, so.... you could be right. So could I. I don't worry to much about stars on Oline though. Unless it's a 5 star guy. They can be so hit and miss. Need good development.
You know it's almost 100% that PU realized they don't have a great shot at him and accepted commits from lower-ranked kids, and you came in here to try to spin it because of course you're going to try to make your team look good. Do what you want, but don't lie to everyone on this board, pretending that you don't have every reason to bullshit us. If you're so lonely that you're on a message board for someone else's team then you have bigger problems than a recruit moving on.

LOL, trust me I know more about this than you do, you aren’t right. From the looks of your OL since Brohm has been there, it is apparent he must not care about stars either.
You can opine about development and stars don’t matter all you want, meanwhile your QB just got sacked ….again.

You know it's almost 100% that PU realized they don't have a great shot at him and accepted commits from lower-ranked kids, and you came in here to try to spin it because of course you're going to try to make your team look good. Do what you want, but don't lie to everyone on this board, pretending that you don't have every reason to bullshit us. If you're so lonely that you're on a message board for someone else's team then you have bigger problems than a recruit moving on.
I actually don't care. I don't get into ratings. Simply discussing football. Amazing how I discuss football recruiting and I'm called out for having no friends basically. We'll done.

LOL, trust me I know more about this than you do, you aren’t right. From the looks of your OL since Brohm has been there, it is apparent he must not care about stars either.
You can opine about development and stars don’t matter all you want, meanwhile your QB just got sacked ….again.
Maybe I'm getting my numbers mixed up here, but Purdue QB's were sacked only 8 or so times last year, a number that dropped significantly once Plummer went in because he didn't give up unnecessary sacks. The issue has been the lack of upperclassmen and depth. Team has been to young. Should start to turn. Just thought I'd bring a recruiting nugget to ya, but I get it, my name says Boiler in it, so I'm actually only here to gloat, brag, and prop up my team in your eyes and you can't have a civil conversation.

Maybe I'm getting my numbers mixed up here, but Purdue QB's were sacked only 8 or so times last year, a number that dropped significantly once Plummer went in because he didn't give up unnecessary sacks. The issue has been the lack of upperclassmen and depth. Team has been to young. Should start to turn. Just thought I'd bring a recruiting nugget to ya, but I get it, my name says Boiler in it, so I'm actually only here to gloat, brag, and prop up my team in your eyes and you can't have a civil conversation.
Oh lord, the ”lack of upperclassman and depth “ excuse, LOL, that is on Brohm. He is going into his FIFTH season , same as CTA (our HS coach as your brethren called him), yet we aren’t having those issues. Why is that do you think ?
Your problem here isn’t your screen name, it’s bringing tired old , uniformed excuses to your arch rivals board. It isn’t our problem that your viewing recruiting through your black and gold goggles, what is our problem is you bringing that trash to our board.
As for having a civil conversation, I found this one far more civil than our fans have received on gbi.

Oh lord, the ”lack of upperclassman and depth “ excuse, LOL, that is on Brohm. He is going into his FIFTH season , same as CTA (our HS coach as your brethren called him), yet we aren’t having those issues. Why is that do you think ?
Your problem here isn’t your screen name, it’s bringing tired old , uniformed excuses to your arch rivals board. It isn’t our problem that your viewing recruiting through your black and gold goggles, what is our problem is you bringing that trash to our board.
As for having a civil conversation, I found this one far more civil than our fans have received on gbi.
I try to keep it civil and down the middle.

I do think it is hard to compare brohm and Allen though. Allen inherited a much better situation, whereas brohm was basically patchworking for 3 years because the last couple hazell classes and first Brohm class weren't great. Rondales class is where it started to turn, but then it takes 3 or so years. Things finally started to turn last year before some key injuries and Diaco's BS took over. This year, have to take the step. Upgraded every position and the staff.

• Haha
Reactions: Chriselli and 76-1

I do think it is hard to compare brohm and Allen though. Allen inherited a much better situation, whereas brohm was basically patchworking for 3 years because the last couple hazell classes and first Brohm class weren't great. Rondales class is where it started to turn, but then it takes 3 or so years. Things finally started to turn last year before some key injuries and Diaco's BS took over. This year, have to take the step. Upgraded every position and the staff.
You keep saying that brohm inherited a worse situation yet he won more games with the previous regimes players while Allen lost more. Hmmmm.

Here's the thing.....

There isn't a single player that is on the roster that Brohm hasn't recruited to Purdue now. These are his guys so the excuses are out the window. This is year five. He's got no excuse now. Fans can't use Hazell anymore. Anyone that does is making excuses. He's had time, the same amount of time as Allen has.

It's time to show he can win now.

You keep saying that brohm inherited a worse situation yet he won more games with the previous regimes players while Allen lost more. Hmmmm.
Hit on a lot of transfers the first two years and Hazell had a few guys that were pretty good in the first couple classes. Marcus Freeman really brought in some solid defensive players early.

Here's the thing.....

There isn't a single player that is on the roster that Brohm hasn't recruited to Purdue now. These are his guys so the excuses are out the window. This is year five. He's got no excuse now. Fans can't use Hazell anymore. Anyone that does is making excuses. He's had time, the same amount of time as Allen has.

It's time to show he can win now.
Didn't I just say that?

Jeff Brohm is just “Football Archie.” Purdue fans trying to justify his results sounds like Indiana Basketball fans for 3 years.

Reactions: LetsGoBigRed
Hope you all realize that this p u clown is simply following their age old playbook of co-opting our board to talk about their joke of a program...

This guy is just one of several who consider it some warped kind of win if he keeps the conversation focused on pu and off of INDIANA...

While he's not obnoxious enough to put on ignore like most of them, we should all be aware that by interacting with him/them beyond just a few reasonable responses, we simply feed his/their ultimate goal of just mudding up our board while distracting from INDIANA Footballs achievements...

The dead giveaway that this joker is just a closet troll is the Fact that is he Never to be found on his own board...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT