ADVERTISEMENT

2022 IU Football Recruiting Thread

Nebraska used to recruit New Jersey heavily for skill position players and combined those with linemen from the midwestern states. That formula worked well until the New Jersey pipeline apparently dried up.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I’m guessing it’s a two-school race between IU & Stanford. IU is closer, more exciting B10 schedule & more chance there to play for National title eventually than Stanford.

But as a parent, I could NEVER question my kid having a chance to go to Stanford, it’s that incredible of a school. (IU is a great school too but Stanford is literally Top 3 in US off charts.)

I see us very in mix for Strickland as I think he likes what he’s seeing at IU and what they are building. TBD

I’m guessing it’s a two-school race between IU & Stanford. IU is closer, more exciting B10 schedule & more chance there to play for National title eventually than Stanford.

But as a parent, I could NEVER question my kid having a chance to go to Stanford, it’s that incredible of a school. (IU is a great school too but Stanford is literally Top 3 in US off charts.)

I see us very in mix for Strickland as I think he likes what he’s seeing at IU and what they are building. TBD
I wouldn't count out Purdue. He loves Hagen and has a lot of family pull there. I'm not sure you can say one is behind the other.

Didn't his Mom go to PU? It appears to me that Stanford is the odd man out unless Strickland is an honors student ... they're a long way away. Of course Swann did it, so ....
I think his mom might have even been an athlete at Purdue, but don't quote me on that one. I'm not sure Purdue was in it though until Hagen got there. None of the 3 would shock me truthfully.

Is will be an interesting battle to get his services. I think we(IU) could have several graduation departures, where we might have good opportunities for playing time.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
DJ Moore announcing today at 1 pm. I feel good about this one.
Nice.

I go on vacation for one week and I come back to a top 25 recruiting class. What the hell happened when I was gone. It's surely not possible that Brohm backed off everyone with a decent ranking.

I kid, I kid. But seriously. I don't hold any illusions that every recruit is going to be a "hit" because they're highly ranked (except for Mullen, his family's track record speaks for itself and I'm pretty confident in that), but man it feels good to have so many well ranked/recruited kids coming in. That's a lot of swings.

4 star running back GiBran Payne from Ohio is going to visit end of July, things are becoming interesting here for the good guys.

Rick, Baller....what #s are we looking at going forward?

Something like.....1 TE, 1 TB, 2 WRs, 1 DE, 2 DTs, 2 safeties?

That would be a 21 man class....about the right size? Positions?

As far as transfers go, would you expect the # in & out to be about the same?

I think our class will be smaller than that. Maybe 16-18 players.

I think our class in the 20 range.

We're done with offensive lineman as far as high school kids go. If a transfer kid goes, who knows. But high school kids go, we're done.

Right now, I think we're looking for another running back, wide receiver, two safeties, and a Bull. I think we're gonna try and get two interior guys on the d line and a d end with obviously Strickland being the preferred guy.

That would get us to 20 there.

I think our class in the 20 range.

We're done with offensive lineman as far as high school kids go. If a transfer kid goes, who knows. But high school kids go, we're done.

Right now, I think we're looking for another running back, wide receiver, two safeties, and a Bull. I think we're gonna try and get two interior guys on the d line and a d end with obviously Strickland being the preferred guy.

That would get us to 20 there.
Who do you think priority #1 is now given within reason? Strickland?

Also what are the chances Allen de-commits from ASU and flips our way?

Reactions: td75 and vesuvius13
Who do you think priority #1 is now given within reason? Strickland?

Also what are the chances Allen de-commits from ASU and flips our way?

Yeah, I think Strickland is #1 on our wishlist.

As far as Allen is concerned, I think it all comes down to how concerned the staff is with how much he was involved with the ASU scandal. It's pretty clear he was one of the players involved. If the staff is comfortable with him and his involvement, then we could look to to flip him, but until then, I don't know how serious we get.

This hasn’t aged well.
I think when you read the article title, you read it as a criticism rather than what it actually is: a setup for the article's explanation of how 2021 recruiting has differed from past years. What Blau laid out in the article is pretty much exactly the way things are playing out.

Edit: By "2021 recruiting" I mean the recruiting in 2021 for the class entering college in 2022.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT