ADVERTISEMENT

“Every IU fan who genuinely cares about being elite again should be rooting for losses.“

Words I'd like to see go away because they are stupid:

1.) Elite
2.) Rim protector
3.) Long- when referring to people
4.) My game, or his game. (It is a team sport)
5.) Ballroom

Seriously stupid descriptions.

Coach Knight used to say that a shot blocker was generally someone who had played poor defense and only just recovered in time to save a basket.

Bump.

Nothing more "elite" than losing a lot.

Congratulations on your big OSU win. Still hungover from the celebration?

Reactions: Tegray1

1.) Elite
2.) Rim protector
5.) Ballroom

Coach Knight used to say that a shot blocker was generally someone who had played poor defense and only just recovered in time to save a basket.
6. “Culture”
7. Patience

1.) Elite
2.) Rim protector
5.) Ballroom

" in space"

"I'll do the... (When ordering food)

" lean in"

Was he telling a lie, I don’t get ragging on this post. Was IU going to become elite had Creaned stayed??? Please explain

Fred glass is the equivalent to mike brown. I know there have to be a few bungles fans like myself here. Anyways mike owns the bungles and because he loved and cared for Marvin so much he cost us valuable time with quality players with one goal which is to try and win atleast a playoff game. It took the fans making a stand for Mikey to fire Marvin. Fred glass would be Mikey in this situation but he can be canned. I wouldn’t give up on Archie just yet because I think he has a chance to turn it around still. He’s young and he can obviously recruit a little. Let him get a team of his own players and then if he sucks show him the door, but it’s unfair to solely blame him for the mess that crean created. Fred needs to go regardless he is terrible

Was he telling a lie, I don’t get ragging on this post. Was IU going to become elite had Creaned stayed??? Please explain
You're stuck in the past and he's delusional. No one said anything about Crean. He still thinks IU has a chance at Stevens or Donovan.

Losing is not the way to become elite. But I'm not convinced either of you are actually IU fans.

I also noticed you're at good at quitting these forums as IU Scott is.

Fred glass is the equivalent to mike brown. I know there have to be a few bungles fans like myself here. Anyways mike owns the bungles and because he loved and cared for Marvin so much he cost us valuable time with quality players with one goal which is to try and win atleast a playoff game. It took the fans making a stand for Mikey to fire Marvin. Fred glass would be Mikey in this situation but he can be canned. I wouldn’t give up on Archie just yet because I think he has a chance to turn it around still. He’s young and he can obviously recruit a little. Let him get a team of his own players and then if he sucks show him the door, but it’s unfair to solely blame him for the mess that crean created. Fred needs to go regardless he is terrible

I highly doubt we will ever be elite again. It just does not seem to be in the cards. Hoping for an occasional elite 8 or final four run maybe more than once in 17 years is probably the best we can hope for imo. I think the fan base would go crazy if a coach could even get us to the elite 8 since we have been only once in 25 years.

I highly doubt we will ever be elite again. It just does not seem to be in the cards. Hoping for an occasional elite 8 or final four run maybe more than once in 17 years is probably the best we can hope for imo. I think the fan base would go crazy if a coach could even get us to the elite 8 since we have been only once in 25 years.
You guys have a good history with one of the greatest coaches of all time. You will be back, it’s just taking time to get there. I think it starts with the firing of glass. He’s the common theme with coaching. Like I said I would like to see Archie with his own players then decide.

6. “Culture”
7. Patience
It looks like patience is thin with IU fans but culture seems like one the basketball team could use doesn’t it? Or maybe everybody is just mad, mad, mad all the time and anything that sounds like an excuse just makes them madder. If that is the case then I guess I get that.

you said you were going away. why is it that annoying posters starved for attention never go away for more than a few hours after announcing their permanent departure?

I assumed he didn't leave as promised due to others begging him to stay?

1.) Elite
2.) Rim protector
5.) Ballroom

6) Packline defense: IU isn't losing because of only poor perimeter defense, it hasn't been great in the paint either. And on offense...…

Love that Knight quote though, it's so true.

What a fan.
I'm good with giving CAM year 3, but if we don't see substantial improvement next year then he's right. The quickest way to get rid of a problem like this is to lose. The worst thing that could happen would be to get lucky in a few games that ends up prolonging the coach's tenure; see tom crean. its the reason the pros tank games - the talent they have is not working.

I love IU bball and I want them to win every game UNTIL I figure out that its time to move on from the coach. If you can't understand this then the joke is on you

Reactions: IUgradman

You're an idiot. Fred Glass is nothing like Mike Brown, other than both are old white guys.

1.) Elite
2.) Rim protector
5.) Ballroom

How about blue blood? Hate that term,I think of Tom Selleck lol

How about blue blood? Hate that term,I think of Tom Selleck lol

6. "Our culture"
7. "At the end of the day...."
8. "Disrespected".....as in..."At the end of the day they disrespected us".
9. "High Flyer" & "Plays above the rim"
10 "It's all about"....as in "At the end of the day it's all about our culture"
11. "I mean,...."
12. "We didn't come to play today"
13. "Short Memory"
14. "the "W' "
15. "All that matters".....as in "At the end of the day, all that matters is getting the W...."
16. "Work our tails off"
17. "That's not who we are"
18. "We didn't show up"
19. "Drain the 3"
20. "Big Boy pants"
21. "Grind it out"

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Mac
I am going to start applying the ignore feature to people making stupid "fire Archie" comments. The idea that losing will make the program better is as dumb as eliminating cows because they fart too much.

STFU and give Archie time to recruit and build a program. There MIGHT be a time we would need to do something, but not now. Archie is doing well with recruiting top Indiana talent and he did a better job than I could have imagined with the roster mess last year.

People seem to have forgotten last year we had one senior that we would have wanted back this year. Also remember Morgan wasn't a major contributor until Archie's first year. This year is Archie's ground floor and injuries postponed the full effect of a top 10 recruiting class. Hopefully everyone comes back healthy next year and adds the boost we expected this year.

I don't like the way we are playing right now. We have some dumb players that I pray get pushed to the bench next year. I don't expect them to get smarter. I am behind Archie. It is too early and the season has been too tumultuous to make a proper judgement on Archie.

We were 12-2, then it got tumultuous.

I am going to start applying the ignore feature to people making stupid "fire Archie" comments. The idea that losing will make the program better is as dumb as eliminating cows because they fart too much.

STFU and give Archie time to recruit and build a program. There MIGHT be a time we would need to do something, but not now. Archie is doing well with recruiting top Indiana talent and he did a better job than I could have imagined with the roster mess last year.

People seem to have forgotten last year we had one senior that we would have wanted back this year. Also remember Morgan wasn't a major contributor until Archie's first year. This year is Archie's ground floor and injuries postponed the full effect of a top 10 recruiting class. Hopefully everyone comes back healthy next year and adds the boost we expected this year.

I don't like the way we are playing right now. We have some dumb players that I pray get pushed to the bench next year. I don't expect them to get smarter. I am behind Archie. It is too early and the season has been too tumultuous to make a proper judgement on Archie.

Reactions: CC Mac
6. "Our culture"
11. "I mean,...."
13. "Short Memory"
14. "the "W' "
15. "All that matters".....as in "At the end of the day, all that matters is getting the W...."
16. "Work our tails off"
18. "We didn't show up"
19. "Drain the 3"
20. "Big Boy pants"
21. "Grind it out"
All good ones Although not basketball related I would add ‘just sayin’ and ‘you do know...’
Oh yeah and another oldie moldy ‘asking for a friend’

Last edited:
We were 12-2, then it got tumultuous.
Archie coached through injuries and had the team 12-2 and set up for a strong run now when we are as healthy as any point in the season. There is a reason the team stopped sharing the ball and stopped playing together. They stopped caring. I look at internal problems that Archie won't comment on and usually results in the problem leaving at the end of the year.

Reactions: T.M.P.

Spot on

IU gave Davis and Crean more years they deserved and will give Miller more also. I would say no way they will fire Miller this year and very unlikely next year regardless how things go.

6. "Our culture"
11. "I mean,...."
13. "Short Memory"
14. "the "W' "
16. "Work our tails off"
18. "We didn't show up"
19. "Drain the 3"
20. "Big Boy pants"
21. "Grind it out"

22. "I feel like..." as in "I feel like we worked our tails off."

The Bengal analogy is a joke. Mike Brown had made the Bengals one of the worst franchises in all of sports in the 90's long before Marvin Lewis came. He even had a website named after him (firemikebrown.com). Lewis at least made them respectable and got them to playoffs regularly even if they did not win anything. Yes, Lewis time had run it's course. It's to bad Palmer didn't stay. Maybe they would have gotten a couple of playoff wins.

The Red BB gun is why they can't in the playoffs. The Alabama QB looked as good as DAndy Andy when he played inhis place and look at that guy since he left the Bengals.

The Bengal analogy is a joke. Mike Brown had made the Bengals one of the worst franchises in all of sports in the 90's long before Marvin Lewis came. He even had a website named after him (firemikebrown.com). Lewis at least made them respectable and got them to playoffs regularly even if they did not win anything. Yes, Lewis time had run it's course. It's to bad Palmer didn't stay. Maybe they would have gotten a couple of playoff wins.

The Red BB gun is why they can't in the playoffs. The Alabama QB looked as good as DAndy Andy when he played inhis place and look at that guy since he left the Bengals.

How do you fire Mike Brown? He's the owner...

How do you fire Mike Brown? He's the owner...

Well, if you find a way - and remember, about a half-dozen family members have to go as well - please pass it along and just about every sports fan here in the Queen City will buy you a ribeye at Jeff Ruby's. You'll be in beef heaven for the rest of your life.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT