ADVERTISEMENT

Wtf really

I've seen that. I just prefer allsides due to its longer experience and methodology. Nice article her about the two.

Yeah, like that article says everyone has biases but I think there are a few that can control their biases for the most part and not let them determine what they write. A lot of people don't like Lebron James (and I really don't either) but I will say he's a great basketball player even though I know I am biased against him.

People want to see how the bias in media works should read this book by Bernard Goldberg, a former CBS reporter.
IB8wEu7.jpg

The trade deficit with China has remained essentially the same for the last ten years - with the “Red X” being 2018 (the year the the tariffs were put in place) when the deficit was the highest it’s ever been.

The only thing the tariffs did is cost me and you and everyone else in America more money.

Data
Open trade with China costs me money too...and has the added bonus of fueling an evil regime that my children or grandchildren could be standing across a battlefield from in the future. I have enough TVs and cheap ass Chinese junk that falls apart every three years. I am all on board with anything that forces U.S. corporations that see themselves as global entities out of that country. **** China and **** the people that sold us down the river to them in order to make a few extra dollars.

Open trade with China costs me money too...and has the added bonus of fueling an evil regime that my children or grandchildren could be standing across a battlefield from in the future. I have enough TVs and cheap ass Chinese junk that falls apart every three years. I am all on board with anything that forces U.S. corporations that see themselves as global entities out of that country. **** China and **** the people that sold us down the river to them in order to make a few extra dollars.
I agree that reducing our reliance on Chinese goods is essential, but tariffs aren’t the way to do that, IMHO. They actually exacerbate the issue, again IMHO.

Here's another chart:

Media-Bias-Chart-9.0_Jan-2022-Unlicensed-Social-Media_Hi_Res-1200x950.jpg

Of course, it will be shot down because CNN is not about 2 feet to the left.
It's interesting to watch how a "news" organization labels groups, people, etc. You can tell pretty quickly which way their bias is and most people wouldn't even notice it or I don't think they would. A lot of times you can tell if they are left or right just from the title of an article.

Reactions: DANC and IUCrazy2
My observation about this board and politics in general goes as follows.

We get more aroused by people with whom we disagree than those with whom we agree.
That's because most political positions that people take these days are based on our opposition to those we don't like. Almost everyone has a caricature of the "average" voter for the other "team" and we dislike the hell out of that person.

Reactions: DANC
It's interesting to watch how a "news" organization labels groups, people, etc. You can tell pretty quickly which way their bias is and most people wouldn't even notice it or I don't think they would. A lot of times you can tell if they are left or right just from the title of an article.
Having Vox on the lean left of that chart basically makes the rest of the chart a throw away for me.

Having Vox on the lean left of that chart basically makes the rest of the chart a throw away for me.
Yeah, it just means you shift the whole plot left doesn't it? This place has them left.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
It is interesting and the topics that get spun are interesting as well. Heres a story (close to the same and since the OP is about China hate) about fentanyl and China. Ones from the NYT and ones from the NYP.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/25/us-sanctions-chinese-fentanyl-kingpin-for-mailing-lethal-drug/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/21/us/politics/trump-sanctions-chinese-nationals-fentanyl.html

Then again I've seen two completely different stories from these sources about other political topics.

How would you do it?
If you look at the two articles I posted above the one from the NYT says that Trump imposed and additional 300 billion in tariffs on from China because of the ongoing flow of fentanyl and China’s failure to buy more American agricultural goods. Originally the deal was for China to buy 200 billion and, go figure, they have fallen well short.

Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
Yeah, it just means you shift the whole plot left doesn't it? This place has them left.

Yeah and at a certain point, what constitutes left and what constitutes right? I don't think those lines are as easily identified at the moment as people think they are. Quite a bit of it is related to views on social issues and, as I said above, our view of the "average" voter of the people we are voting against. I have my biases for sure and anytime I see someone attacking a "Trumper" I know exactly what they are picturing in their mind too.

Yeah, like that article says everyone has biases but I think there are a few that can control their biases for the most part and not let them determine what they write. A lot of people don't like Lebron James (and I really don't either) but I will say he's a great basketball player even though I know I am biased against him.

People want to see how the bias in media works should read this book by Bernard Goldberg, a former CBS reporter.
IB8wEu7.jpg
The bias is built in to sell more products. Same people get the money too its hilarious. Theres a really good article I posted awhile back and the same 3 characters are the most invested in Fox, CNN, and msnbc. They are also the 3 main characters in all the advertisers, BIG Pharma, and Insurance companies. They all just swap money. Its State Street, Blackrock and Vanguard. Here ya go if your interested.

https://stangoff.medium.com/msnbc-is-not-your-friend-follow-the-money-e50d41299c18

Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
How would you do it?

Well, it would have to be persuasive enough for companies to stop producing their products where they can find the cheapest labor. So it would have to hurt the company without just being passed on to the consumer.

Add tariffs, all they do is increase the price of the goods to cover the costs. Thus, all it does it hurt the consumer.

If they had to use more expensive labor by staying in the states, it will also increase the cost of the product. However, at least they would be employing Americans rather than foreigners.

I'm not sure how you can convince a company to move their workforce back to the US because any costs that are incurred by them will just be passed to the consumer. Companies are unlikely to go against maximizing profit even at the expense of what is best for the country. So I guess a massive tarrif that made expenses way too high might do it but consumers would be hit hard and there goes more people into poverty.

I'm not sure products made in the US will be more better. There would be the desire to make stuff as cheap as possible and charge as much as possible. I also think there is planned obsolescence in a lot of stuff. If someone's appliances last a long time, then they can't sell that person another one for quite a while. But if it breaks after the warranty expires, then that person is back on the market earlier to buy again and more money can be made.

We'll never get back the quality of what was lost IMO even if we figure out how to get it "Made in America" again.

Made in America is tough crazy because the infrastructure costs in plants etc has already been spent overseas. It would take so much $ to bring it back. That said I do know many companies are moving away from China to manufacture in Vietnam, Pakistan, Mexico etc.

Another thing I don't understand is how do we treat foreign companies. So by way of example we force Nike, a US co out of there to manuf here, but their competitors in Adidas and Puma are German companies who will continue to produce at a cheaper cost in China and other countries. It punishes Nike for being a US co with the same customer base.

Or are you saying produce overseas just not China?

Made in America is tough crazy because the infrastructure costs in plants etc has already been spent overseas. It would take so much $ to bring it back. That said I do know many companies are moving away from China to manufacture in Vietnam, Pakistan, Mexico etc.

Another thing I don't understand is how do we treat foreign companies. So by way of example we force Nike, a US co out of there to manuf here, but their competitors in Adidas and Puma are German companies who will continue to produce at a cheaper cost in China and other countries. It punishes Nike for being a US co with the same customer base.

Or are you saying produce overseas just not China?
Both. Bring back the national security linked manufacturing (drugs, some electronics, etc.) and then look to strengthen the economies of China's Asian competitors like Vietnam, the Phillipines, and India (and thereby hopefully cement them into the US/Western/G7 sphere).

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Well, it would have to be persuasive enough for companies to stop producing their products where they can find the cheapest labor. So it would have to hurt the company without just being passed on to the consumer.

Add tariffs, all they do is increase the price of the goods to cover the costs. Thus, all it does it hurt the consumer.

If they had to use more expensive labor by staying in the states, it will also increase the cost of the product. However, at least they would be employing Americans rather than foreigners.

I'm not sure how you can convince a company to move their workforce back to the US because any costs that are incurred by them will just be passed to the consumer. Companies are unlikely to go against maximizing profit even at the expense of what is best for the country. So I guess a massive tarrif that made expenses way too high might do it but consumers would be hit hard and there goes more people into poverty.

I'm not sure products made in the US will be more better. There would be the desire to make stuff as cheap as possible and charge as much as possible. I also think there is planned obsolescence in a lot of stuff. If someone's appliances last a long time, then they can't sell that person another one for quite a while. But if it breaks after the warranty expires, then that person is back on the market earlier to buy again and more money can be made.

We'll never get back the quality of what was lost IMO even if we figure out how to get it "Made in America" again.
Oh, so now Democrats are against tariffs?

Why hasn't Joe lifted them?

Jesus Visa. 😂😂😂

One of these things is not like the others-

1. I’m a cancer survivor who underwent 12 rounds of chemotherapy.
2. I’m an amputee.
3. I’m an African American surrounded by people who aren’t.

The vast majority of people living in China are slaves. They are told what they will do for a living and where they will live. And it seems like the elites of our country look up to this system.
600 million live on less than $2 a day.

How would you do it?
With incentives to US manufacturers to bring manufacturing capacity back to the US. If US citizens are going to foot the bill (as they do with the tariffs), at least let those taxpayer dollars go back to US citizens working those jobs.

All tariffs do is encourage the manufacturers in their home countries (like China) to cut their prices to alleviate the impact of the tariffs in the importing countries. I witnessed that first hand, and it was a truly disgusting chain of events to witness.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
600 million live on less than $2 a day.
Actually according to the BBC in a Feb 2021 article, the number has fallen from 750 Million in 1990 to 90 million in 2012 and to 7.2 Million in 2016. That's using the World Bank global poverty line benchmark of $1.90/day.

That represents 750 million less people in China living in abject poverty than 30 yrs ago. And for comparison's sake, that represents .5% of China's population, compared with 4.4% of Brazil's and a whopping 22% of India's population which make less than $1.90/day...

Regardless, the point is VPM's ridiculous assertion that the Chinese are "slaves". For example China's education system is ranked #3 in Asia, behind Japan and Singapore and 20th in the world. In the QS rankings, 2 of the Top 5 Universities in Asia are in Mainland China, and overall China has 124 of the total of 634 Universities thruout Asia that qualified for the QS rankings...

Reactions: outside shooter
Exactly but it may be 90% of this board. This board does not represent reality at all. Indiana voted for trump 57 to 40 yet this board is almost all libs. It isn't reality and my guess is most have no issue with what china did. In fact they probably thought it was cool. Message boards never represent reality in life but if you want to be on one it's always going to be mostly libs it seems. Curious to see Mark's take I assume he is a big china fan.

this board is 99 plus percent pro Wall St/investor class, and less than 1 percent pro working class.

as to social issues, it's far more evenly divided.

only total morons and liars/propagandists don't differentiate between economic and social issues when branding something or someone "liberal" or "conservative".

propagandists/liars who want to conflate being socially liberal or conservative with being economically liberal or conservative, in an attempt to get people to assume that if a party or candidate backs them on social issues, it must do so also on economic issues as well, which absolutely isn't the case, and absolutely is being exploited by both parties and all media who want their constituents and viewers/readers/listeners to think that because they back them socially, they must back them economically as well.

neither the Wall St owned RNC is economically liberal, nor is the Wall St owned DNC economically liberal.

nor are any of their social media soldiers who dominate much of social media.

nor is any corporate media economically liberal, nor can any every be due to the whole "corporate" thing, and all media is corporate now.

the Dems held the house and senate virtually every yr for literally generations by backing the working class.

the Pubs fixed this problem by having their corporate owners buy the DNC as well.

the goal of the DNC, and their media, is no longer to win elections, but to make sure Wall St is served and the working class are screwed, regardless of which party wins.

the DNC and their media do this through controlling the primaries, to make sure economic progressives get quashed before ever getting to the general elections.

and with both parties now serving Wall St, and only Wall St, on everything economic, they collude to keep other parties out of the debates, out of their corporate media, and out of contention.

it's not personal. heck, it's not even political.

it's just business.

the DNC could hold the house and senate virtually every yr, just as they used to.

that no longer is the goal of the DNC, as to do so would mean acting contrary to the now purpose of the DNC, which is to serve Wall St and the investor class just as the RNC does and has done for a century, and not to win elections by serving the best needs of the vast majority of the citizenry.

Actually according to the BBC in a Feb 2021 article, the number has fallen from 750 Million in 1990 to 90 million in 2012 and to 7.2 Million in 2016. That's using the World Bank global poverty line benchmark of $1.90/day.

That represents 750 million less people in China living in abject poverty than 30 yrs ago. And for comparison's sake, that represents .5% of China's population, compared with 4.4% of Brazil's and a whopping 22% of India's population which make less than $1.90/day...

Regardless, the point is VPM's ridiculous assertion that the Chinese are "slaves". For example China's education system is ranked #3 in Asia, behind Japan and Singapore and 20th in the world. In the QS rankings, 2 of the Top 5 Universities in Asia are in Mainland China, and overall China has 124 of the total of 634 Universities thruout Asia that qualified for the QS rankings...
The majority are serfs. Everything they do is at the leisure of their CCP masters. What they say, what they do, and how they act is all monitored by their government. Doing the wrong thing brings punishment.

Additionally, the measure is 1.90/day. Do we know how far above that line the workers have been raised? Getting their people to $1.91 a day and claiming victory for the great Xinnie the Pooh would be the most typically China thing.

I don't know why so many on the left reflexively want to defend our enemies, and China is undoubtedly an enemy. "Well actually let's quibble over this point...." They aren't "slaves" by the chattel definition, who the **** cares. They are still the representation of a terrible vision of the future and they do a host of really evil things to the non-Han residents in their country and a bunch of repressive BS to the Han's. The type of things that liberals used to not bend over backwards to "akshwully" and "yeah but" all because they think it scores points against the Trumpers and right.

China ****ing sucks. That should be a view shared by the U.S. collectively without all of the qualifiers.

Isn't it amazing how some folks want to emulate states which are at the bottom of not only education, but basically any worthwhile metric for ranking how successful states are? I mean some of the redder states are falling over themselves in their attempt to emulate the abortion ban that Mississippi put into place. I mean it's Freaking MISSISSIPPI, the state that is seemingly cemented at the bottom of any and every list that points towards success...

US News ranked it # 49 in 2020 (down from #48 in 2019), and THIS is the state GOP Legislatures feel they should emulate on the issue of abortion (or Anything)? I mean every other bottom rung state (except LA, which is #50) can employ the tag line- Hey, we may be bad, but at least we're not Mississippi...

OVERALL RANKINGS
CATEGORYRANK

#48 out of 50 in 2019

Overall Rank

Read our methodology to see how the scores and rankings were calculated.
Rankings
Health Care#50
Education#43
Economy#49
Infrastructure#48
Opportunity#44
Fiscal Stability#41
Crime & Corrections#33
Natural Environment#22
Where do they rank in morality & ethics?

this board is 99 plus percent pro Wall St/investor class, and less than 1 percent pro working class.

as to social issues, it's far more evenly divided.

only total morons and liars/propagandists don't differentiate between economic and social issues when branding something or someone "liberal" or "conservative".

propagandists/liars who want to conflate being socially liberal or conservative with being economically liberal or conservative, in an attempt to get people to assume that if a party or candidate backs them on social issues, it must do so also on economic issues as well, which absolutely isn't the case, and absolutely is being exploited by both parties and all media who want their constituents and viewers/readers/listeners to think that because they back them socially, they must back them economically as well.

neither the Wall St owned RNC is economically liberal, nor is the Wall St owned DNC economically liberal.

nor are any of their social media soldiers who dominate much of social media.

nor is any corporate media economically liberal, nor can any every be due to the whole "corporate" thing, and all media is corporate now.

the Dems held the house and senate virtually every yr for literally generations by backing the working class.

the Pubs fixed this problem by having their corporate owners buy the DNC as well.

the goal of the DNC, and their media, is no longer to win elections, but to make sure Wall St is served and the working class are screwed, regardless of which party wins.

the DNC and their media do this through controlling the primaries, to make sure economic progressives get quashed before ever getting to the general elections.

and with both parties now serving Wall St, and only Wall St, on everything economic, they collude to keep other parties out of the debates, out of their corporate media, and out of contention.

it's not personal. heck, it's not even political.

it's just business.

the DNC could hold the house and senate virtually every yr, just as they used to.

that no longer is the goal of the DNC, as to do so would mean acting contrary to the now purpose of the DNC, which is to serve Wall St and the investor class just as the RNC does and has done for a century, and not to win elections by serving the best needs of the vast majority of the citizenry.
In summary if we would just eliminate Wall Street and every business in this country it would be a great country.

In summary if we would just eliminate Wall Street and every business in this country it would be a great country.

were you worried you just weren't lying your ass off enough, so you better ramp up the lying a notch just to be sure.

or is calling out unmitigated liars and lies not allowed here?

if you have a legit response to my posts, go for it.

if you don't, so lying your ass off is all you've got, then then stfu.

and i notice you didn't dispute one thing i said.

you just didn't like my saying it, so totally lied your ass off about what i said.

i get a lot of that.

you delete your post in response to mine, and i'll delete mine in response to yours, and you won't look like a lying jerk to future readers of this thread, and only you and i will remember you were.

Last edited:
No slaves. Just a bunch of freedom loving people with nothing to fear but fear itself.

It’s all a mirage. Nothing to see here.

Jesus. Thats f*cking horrible!!! And this is where our athletes went to participate in the olympics. I'm sure you've read the organ harvesting stories too. Why aren't countries lined up against this crap?

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
Jesus. Thats f*cking horrible!!! And this is where our athletes went to participate in the olympics. I'm sure you've read the organ harvesting stories too. Why aren't countries lined up against this crap?

"Why aren't countries lined up against this crap"?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

capitalism and total dependency.

"Why aren't countries lined up against this crap"?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

capitalism and total dependency.
The stories that escape out of China are terrifying and unimaginable. Same with North Korea and other similar style governments. And they are...leaks. I can't imagine how much of this kind of thing is widespread that doesn't get reported. I'm just shocked something isn't done about it. They'll just get bigger I'm afraid. The other part about these stories is while the victims experience these horrors are the education camps and brainwashing. Its like a horrific nightmare.

Last edited:
were you worried you just weren't lying your ass off enough, so you better ramp up the lying a notch just to be sure.

or is calling out unmitigated liars and lies not allowed here?

if you have a legit response to my posts, go for it.

if you don't, so lying your ass off is all you've got, then then stfu.

and i notice you didn't dispute one thing i said.

you just didn't like my saying it, so totally lied your ass off about what i said.

i get a lot of that.

you delete your post in response to mine, and i'll delete mine in response to yours, and you won't look like a lying jerk to future readers of this thread, and only you and i will remember you were.
^^^^ cuckoo ^^^^

Reactions: Lucy01
Here's another chart:

Media-Bias-Chart-9.0_Jan-2022-Unlicensed-Social-Media_Hi_Res-1200x950.jpg

Of course, it will be shot down because CNN is not about 2 feet to the left.
No that’s not why it’s shot down. You would have to actually research something for yourself to realize why but since you like spoon feeding, here you go. It took me 5 seconds to look at the bottom and find Ad Fontes Media which was Founded by the esteemed actress Vanessa Oterro. Oh and by the way, she’s a lefty. So why, if may ask, would anyone believe a chart to be factual based on someone who should be unflatteringly plastered way left on her own chart?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT