ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is Wrong With You Business Peeps?

Investors want margins. More workers mean more people get paid.

If Apple cut 400 jobs, their stock prices would go up, and I would be more valuable. I'd prefer the people have good jobs.
And if Apple‘s stock price/value drops, wouldn’t they also be likely to cut jobs?

Good employment numbers - markets drop.

GDP up - markets drop.

Why do you hate prosperity?
GNP up in large part because federal spending as a % of GNP is still very high compared to pre-covid, and because consumer debt is spiking.......Not a solid foundation for the future.

Reactions: DANC

All government spending
All of it?

No.

The sharp increase came due to contributions from consumer spending, increased inventories, exports, residential investment and government spending.

Consumer spending, as measured by personal consumption expenditures, increased 4% for the quarter after rising just 0.8% in Q2, and was responsible for 2.7 percentage points of the total GDP increase. Inventories contributed 1.3 percentage points. Gross private domestic investment surged 8.4% and government spending and investment jumped 4.6%.

Directionally as expected with yesterday's announcement of the new house speaker. Not exactly a boost in confidence for keeping the government open.

• Haha
Investors want margins. More workers mean more people get paid.

If Apple cut 400 jobs, their stock prices would go up, and I would be more valuable. I'd prefer the people have good jobs.

Wrong answer. Snarlcakes has the correct answer.

Highe rates of inflation or higher interest rates?

Both are connected. Higher GDP with higher unemployment means continued consumer spending which leads to inflation not dropping as quickly as hoped and will lead to rates remaining higher for longer or the Fed actually raising rates.

I’m narrowing my hate List.

So it’s the Fed and the Banks.
Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

I’m narrowing my hate List.

So it’s the Fed and the Banks.
I'm not sure banks are giddy about high interest rates. It typically kills margins, stops borrowing and in turn hurts profits. The Fed is expected to hold fast on the current rates or even bump one more time in the next 16 months, or so I've heard. Banks are in a money grab situation in order to lead more without borrowing funds from the government, problem is the government is offering high interest rate bonds that look more attractive than bank sold products. Big banks thrive (big government=big banks) while mid to community banks tend to feel the brunt. Seems like the more we put in the hands of the government the worse it gets for working class America.

Good employment numbers - markets drop.

GDP up - markets drop.

Why do you hate prosperity?
I think in both cases the numbers are interpreted as supporting another Federal Reserve rate hike or delay in lowering interest rates. At the same time the 10 year bond and other key rates went up. Higher rates: lower stocks.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT