ADVERTISEMENT

Woodson golfing

No don’t really care he is today. He is a lazy recruiter, so it just gives people fuel for post like the OP’s
But as was explained above, it's not truly fuel for anything unless someone's obsessed and constantly looking for a reason, be it real or contrived to pounce.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
It's the optics of it.

There are players entering the portal every day that need to be evaluated.

He's "networking" on the course with a former teammate and a guy who runs sports tours.

He's picked up the "lazy" moniker for not acting like he really gives a shit whether it be the cigars and wine after losing to Kansas, not showing up for sectional games of targeted recruits, or saying stuff like "it's not my job to get them shots".

Read the room Mike.

At least he didn't get duped into doing a cameo message to wish Coach Matt goid luck as he gets ready for the big game.
Oh hell he could be considered 1 of the best coaches in BB and screwing his assistant's wife on the table of a L'ville Italian restaurant. Now that's optics.

Last edited:
The SOB is semi retired and collecting $4 million/yr courtesy of his buddy Quinn. This program is screwed.

Stupid, stupid, post. I’m not happy with his coaching either, but it’s shit like this that makes the IU job unattractive to future potential coaches. Taking a few hours of time to play a round of golf is not going to hurt the program, unless you’re claiming and can prove he's doing all the time.

Woodson doesn't give a shit.
giphy.gif

Reactions: kmathum
It’s amazing how unhinged CMW has made a sect of this fanbase.
Not unhinged but it definitely riles people up when he gets paid a boatload of money and is putting in minimal effort, doesn’t seem to care and blames his own fanbase for being upset with his piss poor results. This time next year, fortunately, he’ll be out of the picture.

Not unhinged but it definitely riles people up when he gets paid a boatload of money and is putting in minimal effort, doesn’t seem to care and blames his own fanbase for being upset with his piss poor results. This time next year, fortunately, he’ll be out of the picture.
Choosing to be upset that Mike Woodson is joining nearly 5,000 other coaches in Phoenix this weekend for the annual coaching convention is just that….a choice.

Reactions: Imsowyctcwuzbetta
I’m not agreeing or disagreeing. But it is the dead period right now.
i'm disagreeing, it's just i don't know what, so cosmically and comically what's wrong with a lot with the university in so many, many ways

I really think Woody's got this job as long as he wants it. Simon says so.

Stupid, stupid, post. I’m not happy with his coaching either, but it’s shit like this that makes the IU job unattractive to future potential coaches. Taking a few hours of time to play a round of golf is not going to hurt the program, unless you’re claiming and can prove he's doing all the time.
What you clearly don’t get is that Woodson no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt or to be treated “fairly” anymore. It’s over. He’s f***ed that up, is out of his depth, and now doesn’t have the decency or integrity to walk away which is exactly what he would have done if he really had IU’s best interest at heart.

While I don't really have a problem with him golfing considering it's the dead period, the issue is he acts like Bob Knight towards the end without the final 4s and 3 national championships to fall back on.

Judging by the things he says and acting like he's "doing his job" you would think he was at least winning the conference at this point, not finishing sub 100 in the Net.

While he's at IU I'll root for him but honestly next year is almost a guaranteed lost year at this point regardless of what he does. His offense is simply to easy to defend in 2024 and he refuses to change that or the horrible staff of yes men he's assembled.

This has year 4 Archie written all over it.

Choosing to be upset that Mike Woodson is joining nearly 5,000 other coaches in Phoenix this weekend for the annual coaching convention is just that….a choice.
Oh, I could care less about him hobbling around on a golf course. He can play golf during the season for all I care. The less time he is around the program, the better.
I was just making a general observation that the guy has stunk as a coach his entire career and whatever he gets paid by the university is highway robbery at this point. All of this would be more tolerable if he acted like he cared and had some sense of urgency.
Someone asked him immediately after the Nebraska blowout about recruiting and he said “we’re not going to worry about that now, man.”
Hell, maybe he does care? But, he certainly doesn’t act like none of this bothers him a bit. And for Grandpa to turn around and say he’s “doing his job” shows you that he has absolutely zero idea what it takes to coach what is supposed to be a high level basketball program. None.

I guarantee IU people are more upset by Woody playing than than the following. After all, the head of the IU BB program demands more attention than being the leader of the free world. As an aside, Trump ridiculed Obama for playing too much and stated he would not have time to play if he were president.

I'm sure someone in the group was carrying the "football" in case there was a recruiting emergency.

Golf Digest concluded that Obama played 306 rounds of golf over his two terms, which the magazine describes as "...a fairly remarkable amount of golf while in office".[52][53] Trump visited a Trump Organization property on 428 (nearly one in three) of the 1,461 days of his presidency and is estimated to have played 261 rounds of golf, one every 5.6 days.[54]

Last edited:
All the golf shaming here is a very sad sign for humanity. As a married man with small children , it cuts especially deeper for me. I empathize with Mike. We should all be golfing more, not less.

Reactions: BigAppleHoosier
Good golf course. Hitting 90 degrees this week. Absolutely beautiful here in the valley of the Sun. Good for Mike. Enjoy. All you guys back in the Midwest bitching about the coaching staff should get a life. Take a moment. Think about your future.

Reactions: Bligedy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT