ADVERTISEMENT

Woodson golfing

It’s literally a dead period right now. You cannot contact any high school or portal players during this week, hence the name. Theres over 400 D1 head and assistant coaches in Phoenix this weekend at the F4, 90+% playing golf in some capacity. It ain’t that deep.
This won’t be the only time he goes golfing this off-season. Far from it.

Reactions: kmathum
It’s literally a dead period right now. You cannot contact any high school or portal players during this week, hence the name. Theres over 5,000 coaches from all levels of basketball in Phoenix this weekend at the F4, probably 90+% playing golf in some capacity. It ain’t that deep.
It's the optics of it.

There are players entering the portal every day that need to be evaluated.

He's "networking" on the course with a former teammate and a guy who runs sports tours.

He's picked up the "lazy" moniker for not acting like he really gives a shit whether it be the cigars and wine after losing to Kansas, not showing up for sectional games of targeted recruits, or saying stuff like "it's not my job to get them shots".

Read the room Mike.

At least he didn't get duped into doing a cameo message to wish Coach Matt goid luck as he gets ready for the big game.

One team (one head coach) wins it all each season. My guess is 99% of the rest are on a golf course, beach, or some other vacation/non-work related activity during the dead period. If CMW really is slacking it will show up next season and he will end up with much more free time.

It's the optics of it.

There are players entering the portal every day that need to be evaluated.

He's "networking" on the course with a former teammate and a guy who runs sports tours.

He's picked up the "lazy" moniker for not acting like he really gives a shit whether it be the cigars and wine after losing to Kansas, not showing up for sectional games of targeted recruits, or saying stuff like "it's not my job to get them shots".

Read the room Mike.

At least he didn't get duped into doing a cameo message to wish Coach Matt goid luck as he gets ready for the big game.
It’s Sunday, 8am in Phoenix, during a national coaching convention literally in the middle of a dead period.

There’s zero optics, just narratives from blowhards.

So he’s golfing in phoenix….the FF is in phoenix…… and you want him to be where? Could he be golfing with other coaches?

Oh no, don’t scapegoat the fans here. That’s BS. This is the inevitable result when the powers that be essentially tell a fanbase to go **** themselves through their inaction and negligence.
Uhh no. Being unhappy about this past season is one thing, starting this bullshit thread about Woodson golfing on a Sunday morning during a dead period is another. Only an unhinged person would point this out as equal parallels.

What’s the relevancy of that question in relation to Woodson golfing on a Sunday morning during a recruiting dead period at the F4?
Just asking your opinion. You stated he has caused our fans to come unhinged, so I am just asking your opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT