ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin supreme court . . .

I think you are ignoring the very real problem that the GOP and their policies have alienated young people. You think it’s the young people, I think it’s the policies. We’ll see how it works out.
I have no doubt GOP policies alienate young people. There is no future in the young version of anti-everything that they now take for granted. . The country is coming apart. The anger, anxiety, intolerance, drugs, mental illness, violence, and more are not the products of GOP policies.

I have no doubt GOP policies alienate young people. There is no future in the young version of anti-everything that they now take for granted. . The country is coming apart. The anger, anxiety, intolerance, drugs, mental illness, violence, and more are not the products of GOP policies.
Oh they aren’t?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
So just to recap in TN, we have the left arguing about gun control brought on by an incident by a transgendered person that the left fights about their rights and not being mentally challenged and we have the same people arguing here about the total opposite as long as it fits their view? No wonder the '' young people'' are confused. Look who is teaching them this stuff.

No they aren't.

The mental health issues of the young are mainly the result of social media....sprinkled with a heavy dose of liberal victomhood.

And nobody having any sex.
I was just being sarcastic. They probably aren’t. But my point remains that young people are pretty heavily against what the GOP is peddling nowadays and it’s spiking turnout. My girls used to be very politically unaware, except for one or two In every class, usually those with a related major. But now, I see them speaking out all the time. When you’ve lost the sorority girls….. 😎

Wow.

Having control of when you have kids and take on that responsibility is 100% a factor in building a future.
Yep, sure is and there is one foolproof 100% way to assure that isn't there?

Yep. Free abortion on demand and student loan forgiveness doesn’t build much of a future. There is no free lunch no matter how much your girls believe they can vote it in.
Free abortion on demand. Lol And my girls don’t need student loan forgiveness. You’ve maybe forgotten a bit about student life. Try again.

I heard a great point about Wisconsin. The statewide races are largely very close and the Democrats hold their own. They won the last two Supreme Court races (yes, non-partisan but everyone knows the liberal or the conservative), the last presidential and the last gubernatorial. Yet the GOP controls a super majority in the legislature.

Gerrymandering works. It is virtually impossible for the Democrats to take back the legislature. They would need to win 70% of the vote. Heck, even that might not do it.

Reactions: brianiu
Thinking that's what the youngsters are going for is a surefire way to win them back. Good job.
Free abortion on demand. Lol And my girls don’t need student loan forgiveness. You’ve maybe forgotten a bit about student life. Try again.
Both issues poll very well with Democrats and you both freely admit youngsters flock to the Dems.

Zeke, next time you have a political talk with your girls, ask them who will pay their social security and Medicare. The Democratic message that both will be paid by taxing the rich, and taxing corporations is a huge fraud. Both are paid with payroll taxes on the poor slobs moving freight or flipping burgers for a living. I’m glad people like you two pay me.

• Love
Both issues poll very well with Democrats and you both freely admit youngsters flock to the Dems.

Zeke, next time you have a political talk with your girls, ask them who will pay their social security and Medicare. The Democratic message that both will be paid by taxing the rich, and taxing corporations is a huge fraud. Both are paid with payroll taxes on the poor slobs moving freight or flipping burgers for a living. I’m glad people like you two pay me.
This is how out of touch you are with young people. They aren’t interested and don’t care about that now I certainly didn’t when I was that age. They care about the social issues that the GOP is motivating them to finally care about politics, speak up, and vote.

• Haha

Social issues will pay the bills down the road. Imagine the payroll taxes drag queens are paying for their shows? The problem is you have a bunch idiots voting on stupid issues that I doubt really even effect them and could care less about serious things that will effect them.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
This is how out of touch you are with young people. They aren’t interested and don’t care about that now I certainly didn’t when I was that age. They care about the social issues that the GOP is motivating them to finally care about politics, speak up, and vote.
No. Young people don’t give two shits about social issues. They on,y care about protesting social issues and pissing off Christians, whites, and Republicans. Your spoiled young people came out in droves to protest everything white after the George Floyd killing, yet life for black people, and all urban dwellers, has gotten worse with more drugs, more guns, more violence and less education afterwards. The Democrats caused all of that. The young people have moved on from dealing with the real social issues and only care about meaningless marches, protests, and flag waving as they coast in comfortable lives their elders built for them. To protest , let alone address, the real social issues of black violence and crime and shameful border issues and migrants poor treatment, they would have to protest Democrat policy and we both know that will never happen.

Last edited:
No. Young people don’t give two shits about social issues. They on,y care about protesting social issues and pissing off Christians, whites, and Republicans. Your spoiled young people came out in droves to protest everything white after the George Floyd killing, yet life for black people, and all urban dwellers, has gotten worse with more drugs, more guns, more violence and less education afterwards. The Democrats caused all of that. The young people have moved on from dealing with the real social issues and only care about meaningless marches, protests, and flag waving as they coast in comfortable lives their elders built for them. To protest , let alone address, the real social issues of black violence and crime and shameful border issues and migrants poor treatment, they would have to protest Democrat policy and we both know that will never happen.
You just keep nailing it!

Reactions: Circlejoe
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Wisconsin Republicans are making noise about impeaching the newly elected Justice. They have a supermajority in the legislature, so there's nothing standing in their way.
I disagree with the entire concept of electing judges, but if they impeach a justice just because the wrong person won, that's yet another nail in the coffin of democracy.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Yep. Sad. This election was for a judge, not for a legislature. The winner ran on how she would decide specific cases. The voters and judges see the judicial branch as a super-legislature. Ugh.
If the Judiciary can not provide a check and balance on an out of control Legislature, who exactly does that responsibility fall to? The WI Legislature is widely recognized as the most unrepresentative, massively gerrymandered Legislative body in the country,and Kelly was up to his eyeballs in the fake electors scheme,meant to deprive Wisconsin voters who voted Dem of their majority status and flip the election to the losing candidate...
The voting habits of young people haven’t changed materially in the last decade as far as political affiliation. What has changed is their turnout rate, it’s much higher.

Social media has been an effective tool for progressives to convince young people of nonsense like “W candidate wants to put women who receive an abortion in prison” “X candidate supports jim crow racism”, “Y candidate won’t let people say the word gay”, “Z candidate would rather protect AR-15’s than children’s lives”.

And who uses social media most? The young and ignorant of course.

Progressives have successfully been able to send more young people to the polls with mischaracterized, incomplete and blatantly false information in mind.

Kudos on your success.
Well you're half right, as from 2014-2018 the youth vote turnout went from 18% to 36%, and it was exponentially higher in 2022...

But you're decidedly worng about the political affiliation.

"In 2012, a presidential election year, 60 percent of voters 18-29 backed the Democratic candidate for the House, and 38 percent backed the Republican candidate, a gap of 22 points. In the midterm years of 2014 and 2010, the percentages for the Democrat were 54 percent and 55 percent, respectively, while the Republican candidate won 43 percent and 42 percent in 2014 and 2010, respectively. The exit polls show young Republican voters, like young Democratic voters, also turn out in lower numbers during midterm years, but the drop off is less dramatic."

This is from a post election Nov 2014 analysis, which adds...

Specifically, voters ages 18-29 in 2014 were less likely to self-identify as Democrats than in either 2012 or in 2010. According to exit polls, 37 percent of young voters considered themselves Democrats, down from 44 percent in 2012. At the same time, the percentage of young voters who identified as Republican inched up from 26 percent in 2012 to 31 percent this year. Those who identified as independent also moved up from 30 percent in 2012 to 33 percent in 2014."

So I wonder what happened from 2014,when the youth vote was slightly pro-Dem to 2022? Just can't quite put my finger on it, what could it be?

You want to blame Social media and false mischaracterization of GOP positions...

"Social media has been an effective tool for progressives to convince young people of nonsense like “W candidate wants to put women who receive an abortion in prison” “X candidate supports jim crow racism”, “Y candidate won’t let people say the word gay”, “Z candidate would rather protect AR-15’s than children’s lives”.

I submit that your use of the term "Nonsense" to describe issues that young people clearly CARE ABOUT is a huge problem, of your (and the GOP in generals) own making. You don't offer anything of value to young people, considering the top issue for young people in the 2022 midterms was abortion access.

Not some namby pamby let's leave it up to the various gerrymandred state Legislatures to rule on as their fiefdom. But rather a RIGHT that folks 18-29 were BORN with, and which a significant number of GOP voices wants to strip away. The people in control of your party are largely members of a cult which worships a deeply unpopular former POTUS who whines like a baby that he was "robbed" and is on the opposite end of every single issue that the majority of voters in that youth demographic care about.

The whole MAGA slogan hearkens back to "the good old days" that a growing number of young people had family members or friends who had family members for whom there was nothing "great" about those days. You don't like diversity,inclusion, equality and uplifting of people from communities that have always been persecuted? Great, but just don't expect to get support and votes from people who place value and importance on those issues...

Yes the turnout rates among Gen Z have increased since 2014. But that would not on it's own be devestating to the GOP if the affiliation hadn't shifted as well. But while the Dems got only 37% support from that age demo in 2014, they got a whopping 79% in 2022.

And what was a common theme of the areas with the highest turnout of youth voters and Dem dominance? The more MAGA the candidate, like a Mastriano/Oz in PA or a Lake/Masters in AZ. the HIGHER the youth turnout in opposition. See any lessons there?

Wisconsin Republicans are making noise about impeaching the newly elected Justice. They have a supermajority in the legislature, so there's nothing standing in their way.
Impeaching is one thing, and they have the votes to do that. I'm not quite sure what they would charge her with, since she's newly elected and represents the will of a large majority of voters in the state. Also I would assume that Evers would veto any new law they passed that they would try to "convict" her of somehow breaking...

But this would be a major example of biting off your own nose to spite your face, and even the wingiest of WI wingnuts aren't that stupid. Or are they?

These numbers are devastating in a battleground state where Biden won, but WI Dems did even better in 2022 than Biden did in 2020. Not just in WI, but MI also. And even a state like Kansas, where the increase in Dem votes from 2020 to 2024 illustrates how out of touch the GOP is with where suburban voters nationwide are on the question of abortion.

For what?

Before or after conservatives gerrymandered the living hell out of the precincts?

What are the Wisconsin stats....dem Governor, dem supreme court, voted dem for president and....

Republican super majority of over 63% in the legislature?? The largest majority in Wisconsin since 1971?

One thing here is not like the other. Lol

I'm sure you're cool with the Democrat court revising those maps now right? Yeah I bet.

Before or after conservatives gerrymandered the living hell out of the precincts?

What are the Wisconsin stats....dem Governor, dem supreme court, voted dem for president and....

Republican super majority of over 63% in the legislature?? The largest majority in Wisconsin since 1971?

I'm sure you're cool with the Democrat court revising those maps now right? Yeah I bet.
Kind of huffy in this one Tommy. Don't go postal. You again only see your side of things . As a state Wisconsin, like Michigan and Illinois as examples are trying to be run by a very small part of the state that sucks up the tax money from the rest of the state that doesn't end up having an input

Kind of huffy in this one Tommy. Don't go postal. You again only see your side of things . As a state Wisconsin, like Michigan and Illinois as examples are trying to be run by a very small part of the state that sucks up the tax money from the rest of the state that doesn't end up having an input
“A very small GEOGRAPHIC part of the state WHERE THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE LIVE that sucks up, AND GENERATES, the tax money from the rest of the state that doesn’t end up having an input.” FIFY

Crazy idea in this world, but instead of trying to govern with an ever shrinking minority, maybe they should try something to actually become a majority again? I’ll never understand how American ideals of protecting minority voices got perverted into it being virtuous that there can be a system of minority rule. It’s so ass backwards.

So you want land to rule, not people?

What is wrong with gerrymandering? Nobody has a constitutional or other right to be represented by a member of certain party.

Gerrymandering would be a nothingburger if voters weren’t so tribal with their politics.

“A very small GEOGRAPHIC part of the state WHERE THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE LIVE that sucks up, AND GENERATES, the tax money from the rest of the state that doesn’t end up having an input.” FIFY

Crazy idea in this world, but instead of trying to govern with an ever shrinking minority, maybe they should try something to actually become a majority again? I’ll never understand how American ideals of protecting minority voices got perverted into it being virtuous that there can be a system of minority rule. It’s so ass backwards.
It’s worse than that. One person from crazy liberal San Francisco had veto power over the entire United States system of taxation and appropriations. The speaker of the house is more powerful than POTUS on budget matters. Where is the democracy in that?

It’s worse than that. One person from crazy liberal San Francisco had veto power over the entire United States system of taxation and appropriations. The speaker of the house is more powerful than POTUS on budget matters. Where is the democracy in that?
Then your problem is with how the House of Representatives makes their rules of order and parliamentary procedure. Rules which do change from time to time. Beyond that, if she were unpopular within the caucus she could be replaced. AND beyond that, if she were really that unpopular among the whole House, there could be an insurgency where a conservative Democrat worked with Republicans to get elected Speaker. There was talk of something like this at the beginning of the year when McCarthy was wrangling for support. If he hadn't given the moon to the holdouts, he would've eventually made a deal with Democrats.

I have no problem with compact legislative districts that take into account the communities they're representing. Those aren't gerrymanders and the self-sorting nature of where people tend to live makes it so that rural areas can easily be overrepresented in a legislature. The problem I have is making districts shaped with no logic beyond maintaining power. That's bad for little r republicanism and little d democratic principles. For example, the congressional maps that the Indiana Dems drew after the 2000 census were an abomination compared with what the Reps have drawn the last two cycles.

The difference between you and I on this is that you complain of tribalism but blame LiBrUlZ for everything because they're so right and you're so wrong. I complain of tribalism, realize that no side has clean hands, and would like to see reforms for a better overall system, not a system where my ideological preference comes out ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT