ADVERTISEMENT

Will IU have anyone who can shut down Carsen Edwards?

Matt Painter's coaching, recruiting, and NCAA Tourney abilities.

giphy.gif

Carsen is slotted to go 19th is ESPN’s 2019 mock draft. But I’m sure you have your finger on the pulse of college talent much more so than ESPN.
I'll go with the NBA that determined Carsen wasn't good enough to be in the 70 players invited to the combine. Carsen is living up to his #100 Rivals ranking: nothing wrong with that, and most aren't good enough for the NBA.

Do you have any pictures of the interior of your home or vacations to the Middle East that you would like to share with the board?

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I'll go with the NBA that determined Carsen wasn't good enough to be in the 70 players invited to the combine. Carsen is living up to his #100 Rivals ranking: nothing wrong with that, and most aren't good enough for the NBA.
Reading comprehension is a terrible thing to waste. ESPN's mock draft was 2019. Try to keep up.

Do you have any pictures of the interior of your home or vacations to the Middle East that you would like to share with the board?
What in Sam Hill are you talking about?

You're right about Coach Tom. He was indeed. A lot of people tried to tell iu fans. Very few would listen.

The cbl's were loud and dumb but not the majority.

Im ready for the season to begin so trash like you will hide back in your hole that is gbi. Purdue is going to suck the next couple years. It will be enjoyable.

The best player in the nation last year may not be drafted until the second round. Using the NBA draft order, considering they draft on measurables and potential, as a measure of college player's proficiency is beyond asinine.

Carsen is slotted to go 19th is ESPN’s 2019 mock draft. But I’m sure you have your finger on the pulse of college talent much more so than ESPN.
He'll need to show he can run a team as it's sole PG. If he can he'll be drafted late first early second.

Reactions: Hoogolf
Reading comprehension is a terrible thing to waste. ESPN's mock draft was 2019. Try to keep up.

What in Sam Hill are you talking about?
If Carsen is the player you think he is, shouldn't he have been part of the 70 players invited to the NBA combine this year?

Ask Abugabby. You guys have a lot in common.

The best player in the nation last year may not be drafted until the second round. Using the NBA draft order, considering they draft on measurables and potential, as a measure of college player's proficiency is beyond asinine.
What would you say about a Michael Jordan or Isiah Thomas? Not every player in the NBA draft is a project. They were just really f'ing good. I'm talking about talent period, not what a player can do in college: I think this has gone over the heads of a lot of people.

Do you really think a player like Romeo is a project? I'm sure you can do math, but you don't see a whole lot mathematicians actually playing the game.

What would you say about a Michael Jordan or Isiah Thomas? Not every player in the NBA draft is a project. They were just really f'ing good. I'm talking about talent period, not what a player can do in college: I think this has gone over the heads of a lot of people.

Do you really think a player like Romeo is a project? I'm sure you can do math, but you don't see a whole lot mathematicians actually playing the game.

The point is that despite the fact that Romeo isn't a project, Jalen Brunson or perhaps Carsen Edwards could still be more valuable to a college team next season.

You don't seem to be able to cram this through your skull. Yes Romeo might be more talented. But he's also younger and less skilled at the moment, which matters despite the fact you insist it doesn't.

You're an idiot and an embarrassment to our fanbase. You have very little real basketball knowledge, and make false statements and present them as facts, then make false assumptions based on nothing but your limited intellect. Then shift the baselines of your arguments including misrepresenting and translating others arguments into what you wanted them to say, or what best fits your dumb argument, but never what they actually say.

But the most glaring weakness you have, of many, is you have the wit of a genetically deficient turnip and are incapable of being interesting or humorous. Basically every post you have in this thread can be summed up as "dumb".

Reactions: jwboiler
You're an idiot and an embarrassment to our fanbase. You make false statements and present them as facts, then make false assumptions based on nothing but your limited intellect. Then shift the baselines of your arguments including misrepresenting and translating others arguments into what you wanted them to say, or what best fits your dumb argument, but never what they actually say.

But the most glaring weakness you have, of many, is you have the wit of a genetically deficient turnip and are incapable of being interesting or humorous. Basically every post you have in this thread can be summed up as "dumb".
I have a couple of college degrees, one of those being a law degree. I'm not a genius, but I'm not an idiot, either. I certainly don't need you to lecture me about reasoning and arguments. A decent chunk of the things I say to PU fans on this site is to yank their chains: I am surprised you weren't able to pick this up with your enormous intelligence.

I doubt you've ever even stepped on a basketball court, yet you think you know what in the hell you are talking about. Reminds me a coach that used to walk the sidelines here....

I have a couple of college degrees, one of those being a law degree.. I'm not a genius, but I'm not an idiot, either. I certainly don't need you to lecture me about reasoning and arguments. A decent chunk of the things I say to PU fans on this site is trolling: I am surprised you weren't able to pick this up with your enormous intelligence.

I doubt you've ever even stepped on a basketball court, yet you think you know what in the hell you are talking about.

I'll give you a hint for you to use moving forward.

Don't ever bring up your experience playing basketball.

Posters tend to do this from time to time and it never comes off as anything other than pathetic.

I'll give you a hint for you to use moving forward.

Don't ever bring up your experience playing basketball.

Posters tend to do this from time to time and it never comes off as anything other than pathetic.
Call me crazy, but a person with any type of talent and experience in an endeavor gives them greater insight into the endeavor. It is one thing to lecture about something, and another thing to actually do it.

Reactions: TopSet80
Call me crazy, but a person with any type of talent and experience in an endeavor gives them greater insight into the endeavor. It is one thing to lecture about something, and another thing to actually do it.
But a person who claims to have played when they obviously haven’t forever forfeits their credibility.

Exactly why I want Greg Hardy coaching my football team and not Bill Belichick. Or Allen Iverson over Brad Stevens. The more talent and playing experience the better.

NO ONE CARES about any high school or Division 3 basketball experience you might have. We laugh at the fact that you think it makes you more credible.

Reactions: Pryght
The point is that despite the fact that Romeo isn't a project, Jalen Brunson or perhaps Carsen Edwards could still be more valuable to a college team next season.

You don't seem to be able to cram this through your skull. Yes Romeo might be more talented. But he's also younger and less skilled at the moment, which matters despite the fact you insist it doesn't.
I think the poster you are responding to is the poster I mixed you up with when it came to Brad Stevens, so my apologies.

He literally had a first round pick last year with Swanigan. JaJuan Johnson was one as well.
Impressive, Painter sneaked a couple in there. LOL

You know what isn't impressive? Vanderbilt being in Romeo's top 3 and PU not being in the running at all. Seriously, how can Painter not even come close for an Indiana recruit like Romeo?

Last edited:

You know what isn't impressive? Vanderbilt being in Romeo's top 3 and PU not being in the running at all. Seriously, how can Painter not even come close for an Indiana recruit like Romeo?

Vandy sucks. Flash in pan.

1. Southern Indiana kids don’t go to Purdue
2. You think Vandy is doing the right things recruiting wise? Lol. $$$

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT