ADVERTISEMENT

Will IU have anyone who can shut down Carsen Edwards?

Top 4/5 for IU doesn't even make sense. We finished 6th last year, have a favorable schedule this year and add a very deep, talented class. We return everyone of importance from last year. Top 2 should be the expectation.
I didn’t say 4th or 5th. I said Top 4/5. That to me means we could finish anywhere in that range. I want to see us play before going any further. We don’t even know who’s staying in the draft yet. We should be much better this year now that the guys have had a year in the new system. We saw significant improvements through the season in our defense. Our offense struggled at times but we’ve significantly upgraded our offense with Langford, Hunter, Anderson and Phinese. We’re going to be tough.

If Carson Edwards is preseason Big Ten player of the year the entire league is in the toilet. Poor Purdue fans, it's sad seeing them try to cling to something that's just not there.

Reactions: SNU0821
And this post confirms my post about you. Cluttering up the board with trash rather than talking basketball. You add nothing so you get ignored.
And I have ignored your other 15 user names as well. If you actually want to talk IU basketball then prove it because all you do is clutter up this board with your arrogance.

Reactions: TopSet80
Top 4/5 for IU doesn't even make sense. We finished 6th last year, have a favorable schedule this year and add a very deep, talented class. We return everyone of importance from last year. Top 2 should be the expectation.
They listen to idiot sportswriters who only consider last year as a benchmark. Purdue being top 25, in most too early polls is good proof of that, they'll be around top 40 nationally.. We'll be top 2 in conference, barring major injury and a tourney lock. Only MSU matches us in paper talent.

If Carson Edwards is preseason Big Ten player of the year the entire league is in the toilet. Poor Purdue fans, it's sad seeing them try to cling to something that's just not there.
He was a 2nd/3rd team All American last year, and a finalist on the Wooden list that put up phenomenal efficiency stats. Not borderline phenomenal, not arguably phenomenal, but top 1% for his position and role. He's not a product of hype, he's the product of results and will not only start as the front runner POY in conference but most likely also a preseason AA.

My god ..

Don't let your anti Purdue bias make you dumb. Pick on Haarms dooochey hair, or Painter's weight and lack of recruiting chops, the Helm's banner, or even the fat girls who roam their smelly campus in herds, at least those are valid.

Last edited:
He was a 2nd/3rd team All American last year, and a finalist on the Wooden list that put up phenomenal efficiency stats. Not borderline phenomenal, not arguably phenomenal, but top 1% for his position and role. He's not a product of hype, he's the product of results and will not only start as the front runner POY in conference but most likely also a preseason AA.

My god ..

Don't let your anti Purdue bias make you dumb. Pick on Haarms dooochey hair, or Painter's weight and lack of recruiting chops, the Helm's banner, or even the fat girls who roam their smelly campus in herds, at least those are valid.
But he also was the product of four other four year players that drew a lot of attention. He won’t have that this year. Think of Nigel Hayes and Ethan happ. How did they fair when all the attention was on them with no additional help?

But he also was the product of four other four year players that drew a lot of attention. He won’t have that this year. Think of Nigel Hayes and Ethan happ. How did they fair when all the attention was on them with no additional help?

Difference being that neither Happ nor Hayes were the leading scorer on those teams you're referencing.

Of course basketball has synergy, but Edwards, unlike Haap, is known to be able to create his own shot and wasn't dependant on assisted baskets to score.

In most possessions he was the lead guard and he had a 10% TO percentage while using 30% of the possessions. That's insane for a player that scores at his rate (25.1 per 40) and still manages a 20% assist percentage..He deserved to be an AA last year.

Just accept it, Purdue has a good player, it only happens once every decade, give it to them. We'll have a damn good team this year regardless of Carsen Edwards.

Of course basketball has synergy, but Edwards, unlike Haap, is known to be able to create his own shot and wasn't dependent on assisted baskets to score.

In most possessions he the lead guard and he has a 10% TO percentage while using 30% of the possessions. That's insane for a player that scores at his rate and manages a 20% assist percentage..He deserved to be an AA last year.

Just accept it, Purdue has a good player, it only happens once a decade, give it to them. We'll have a damn good team this year regardless of Carsen Edwards.
Who’s not accepting he’s a good player? He’s a really good player. Never said he wasn’t. I’m just sold on him being an All American next year or B10 POY. He’s got a shot at both, but I dont think its a sure thing because IMO his team will struggle. They lose four four year starters and don’t have any proven players returning or any heralded recruits. Haarms will be solid, but want to see how he does the whole game and how he can be counted on offensively. Their transfer will help at the four spot, but he’s like a Bielfeld type guy. Edwards is going to get all of the attention for everyone’s defense. We’ll see how he does night in and night out. He’ll get his points, no doubt, but they’re more to it than just scoring points. Just look at Tre Young.

Who’s not accepting he’s a good player? He’s a really good player. Never said he wasn’t. I’m just sold on him being an All American next year or B10 POY. He’s got a shot at both, but I dont think its a sure thing because IMO his team will struggle. They lose four four year starters and don’t have any proven players returning or any heralded recruits. Haarms will be solid, but want to see how he does the whole game and how he can be counted on offensively. Their transfer will help at the four spot, but he’s like a Bielfeld type guy. Edwards is going to get all of the attention for everyone’s defense. We’ll see how he does night in and night out. He’ll get his points, no doubt, but they’re more to it than just scoring points. Just look at Tre Young.

How many players in the conference next year were All-americans last year? You really can't see why the probabilities swing towards him being named "pre" season AA this coming year?

He could, just because they do lose so much, actually increase his output. Right? Which is why I used the ablove stats and traits.

Yea, there is more to the game than scoring, *sigh* which is why I used his TO% and Assist% and Usage factors..

Okay, if you guys would stop saying silly things about Edwards I wouldn't have to defend him. See, defending a purdue player is a bit offensive, I don't enjoy it but misrepresentation, biased rationalization, alternative facts, and in some cases (not yours) just plain dumb is far more so.

How many players in the conference next year were All-americans last year? You really can't see why the probabilities swing towards him being named "pre" season AA this coming year?

He could, just because they do lose so much, actually increase his output. Right? Which is why I used the ablove stats and traits.

Yea, there is more to the game than scoring, *sigh* which is why I used his TO% and Assist% and Usage factors..

Okay, if you guys would stop saying silly things about Edwards I wouldn't have to defend him. See, defending a purdue player is a bit offensive, I don't enjoy it but misrepresentation, biased rationalization, alternative facts, and in some cases (not yours) just plain dumb is far more so.
Jesus man, can you read? Apparently not real well.

I never said a thing about pre season All American. I could care less about pre season awards. I’m talking about EOY awards, you know, for his actual play next year.

What did I say that was silly? I’ve basically said I want to see what he can do when he loses four four year starters who helped take some of the focus away. He won’t have that luxury next year and I want to see what he can do before we crown him the greatest player of all time. His numbers can, and probably will go up. That doesn’t automatically translate to All American or B10 POY if his team is garbage. Yeah, REALLY silly. Lol.

Can’t wait to see how you spin my words and completely read something I never said.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopSet80
Jesus man, can you read? Apparently not real well.

I never said a thing about pre season All American. I could care less about pre season awards. I’m talking about EOY awards, you know, for his actual play next year.

What did I say that was silly? I’ve basically said I want to see what he can do when he loses four four year starters who helped take some of the focus away. He won’t have that luxury next year and I want to see what he can do to crown him the greatest player of all time. His numbers can, and probably will go up. That doesn’t automatically translate to All American or B10 POY if his team is garbage. Yeah, REALLY silly. Lol.

Can’t wait to see how you spin my words and completely read something I never said.

I'm not the one having a problem. In fact we're not even arguing, except in the paranoid vacuum of your own fears. Re-read every thing, intently, words have meaning, make sure you read it as I wrote it not as you translated it jaded by the argument you want to have, and then come back when you're less, ugh, compromised by your own fragile ego.

Thanks,

I'll talk to you later, okay...

I'm not the one having a problem. In fact we're not even arguing, except in the paranoid vacuum of your own fears. Re-read every thing, intently, words have meaning, make sure you read it as I wrote it not as you translated it jaded by the argument you want to have, and then come back when you're less, ugh, compromised by your own fragile ego.

Thanks,

After you insinuated I didnt think he was a good player and didn’t think he could be pre season All American. Neither of which I said or alluded to.

When you can read my posts and not put words in my mouth or make up things I’ve never alluded to or said, maybe we can talk. Until then...

Thanks,

You are seriously disturbed

Reactions: SNU0821
After you insinuated I didnt think he was a good player and didn’t think he could be pre season All American. Neither of which I said or alluded to.

When you can read my posts and not put words in my mouth or make up things I’ve never alluded to or said, maybe we can talk. Until then...

He was talking about me, it's cool, I can actually disagree with someone without trying to belittle them, Some people struggle with that. I was once told by an admin here that attacking (name calling) other posters was against rules. It seems to be a very selective rule. I'm sure I'll feel the wrath for this post. :D

He was talking about me, it's cool, I can actually disagree with someone without trying to belittle them, Some people struggle with that. I was once told by an admin here that attacking (name calling) other posters was against rules. It seems to be a very selective rule. I'm sure I'll feel the wrath for this post. :D
The name calling rules are obviously selectively enforced. We have at least one mod who will swoop in every so often and attack posters quite aggressively.

It always strikes me as somrwhat hypocritical when that happens, but oh well. This ain't my room, after all...

Reactions: VanHoosier
The name calling rules are obviously selectively enforced. We have at least one mod who will swoop in every so often and attack posters quite aggressively.

It always strikes me as somrwhat hypocritical when that happens, but oh well. This ain't my room, after all...
And, when you call out that mod he says "huh" like he wants you to think he believes himself to be innocent. He's the only one who defends himself by saying "huh."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT