ADVERTISEMENT

Why are so many more players transferring from Indiana than other schools

When players are brought in with no loyalty to the school, no attachment to the Btown and school culture, who are there for coach and nil only, this is what you can expect when said coach is fired. There are not enough Indiana kids on the team to constitute a core. May be no one's fault but circumstances but it's the cross we will bear until it changes or the program culture becomes an institution...imo...
Shouldn't be too many who would argue that CTA and LEO were the major draw for players (and their mothers) to come play at IU. Certainly isn't the town or weather or football tradition.

CTA goes, they are free agents.. College football is done, killed by greed...

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Purdue has also lost a ton of players. The main metric for all schools in the NIL era will be: are the incoming players better than the one who left. Time will tell.
Purdue has really only lost like two players they’d have liked to keep, their WR in burks who wanted more NIL that two of the best DE’s in the big ten and wasn’t really a scheme fit and Sydnor, who is a stud, but is a 4-3 DE. That one hurt the most.

Purdue wants big WR’s across the board. Not 5’10 speed guys with average hands. Most of the portal entries are roster cleaning. Walter’s can essentially tell them they have to transfer for be on academic scholarship.

Purdue has really only lost like two players they’d have liked to keep, their WR in burks who wanted more NIL that two of the best DE’s in the big ten and wasn’t really a scheme fit and Sydnor, who is a stud, but is a 4-3 DE. That one hurt the most.

Purdue wants big WR’s across the board. Not 5’10 speed guys with average hands. Most of the portal entries are roster cleaning. Walter’s can essentially tell them they have to transfer for be on academic scholarship.
Haha! Let me get this straight.....WR Burks who led you in receiving and had 7 recieving TDs....next closest was 2......but you don't want him? Just tall guys? Purdues history is predicated on small recievers. Wth are you talking about. Have some more kool-aid.

Haha! Let me get this straight.....WR Burks who led you in receiving and had 7 recieving TDs....next closest was 2......but you don't want him? Just tall guys? Purdues history is predicated on small recievers. Wth are you talking about. Have some more kool-aid.
Where did I say Purdue didn’t want him? I literally said they’d have liked to keep him. But he also isn’t a scheme fit for what they want to do long term offensively.

They have one WR committed under 6’2 and they are pursuing all tall WR’s. Not sure where I’m drinking kool-aid. Facts are kool-aid.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Where did I say Purdue didn’t want him?
See above. Burks would be far and away your best reciever going into next season. He's 5'11 so it's not like he's super tiny. That one hurts and there there's no way to twist that into the game plan. IU has a ton that hurt too so it's not a one upper, just saying let's be realistic.

See above. Burks would be far and away your best reciever going into next season. He's 5'11 so it's not like he's super tiny. That one hurts and there there's no way to twist that into the game plan. IU has a ton that hurt too so it's not a one upper, just saying let's be realistic.
He wasn’t the #1 this year until Edrine got hurt. TE’s were just as good, but more consistent. It does hurt, but he’s replaceable. He’s a small speed guy with average hands. Maybe he’d be better in the slot, but again, he wanted more money than Scourton and Jenkins. Not worth that. I’m being realistic here.

Everything I’ve said here is 100% accurate and realistic.

He wasn’t the #1 this year until Edrine got hurt. TE’s were just as good, but more consistent. It does hurt, but he’s replaceable. He’s a small speed guy with average hands. Maybe he’d be better in the slot, but again, he wanted more money than Scourton and Jenkins. Not worth that. I’m being realistic here.

People are going to call your bluff mainly because the PU folks who venture onto IU forums always tend say the guys they lose both in football or basketball weren't "good fits". Let's be real here, PU's season wasn't much better, if at all, than IU's. Maybe you're not losing as many starters or important pieces, but PU, like IU, is going to lose a lot guys in the portal after losing seasons.

ha Yeah, if your scheme resulted in a taller WR being better last year, I would agree. But naturally, the scheme Walters ran preferred to pass to the 5'11 Burks. He had 99 targets while the next closest, Sheffield had 48.....and he too was 5'11. Burks had the most YPC for anyone with at least 5 catches on the season. He dominated the receiving stats.

Lastly, you said Edrine was the best receiver last year, but he got injured. Come on.....he's never had a catch at Purdue and had 570yds and 6 TDs at Florida Atlantic in 22. That stat line, btw, also not good enough to surpass Brooks. But to pretend what you're trying to say is "facts" and not rose-colored glasses is absolute garbage. Just admit, you lost your best receiver and its not even close. We did too and it sucks. The hope is the coach either brings players in or the system is run/executed better to help solve for it.

Last edited:
Interesting tidbit I learned that everyone might want to keep in their back pocket. J.T. Tuimoloau Is rumored to be coming back for his sr season. I’m sure most of you are saying to yourself “why do igaf about him”? Well… I’m sure Caden Curry does and is probably ready to be a starter instead of a rotation guy. Something to definitely watch.

People are going to call your bluff mainly because the PU folks who venture onto IU forums always tend say the guys they lose both in football or basketball weren't "good fits". Let's be real here, PU's season wasn't much better, if at all, than IU's. Maybe you're not losing as many starters or important pieces, but PU, like IU, is going to lose a lot guys in the portal after losing seasons.
To be clear, I have nothing against BoilerN other than he's a Boiler, but it's become an annual tradition for him whenever someone leaves, he posts this same drivel. He tries to walk a fine line of not being rose colored but misses it by a mile. A lot of our fans do that everywhere including IU fans but that doesn't stop us from calling each other out. ha

Interesting tidbit I learned that everyone might want to keep in their back pocket. J.T. Tuimoloau Is rumored to be coming back for his sr season. I’m sure most of you are saying to yourself “why do igaf about him”? Well… I’m sure Caden Curry does and is probably ready to be a starter instead of a rotation guy. Something to definitely watch.
Curry is in an interesting position at OSU. All 4 of the starting D-lineman in front of him are in the same grade as him, Sophomore (will be Juniors). One would surmise the odd man not able to break into the starting rotational spot would consider jumping ship at some point.

Ya. I see what you are saying. New coaches like different things. The defensive change was massive. Just look at the offers most guys are getting. Non P5.

I’d guess iu will have a bunch next year again because new coaches can essentially cut players from the team. That’s what is happening for the most part this year.

To be clear, I have nothing against BoilerN other than he's a Boiler, but it's become an annual tradition for him whenever someone leaves, he posts this same drivel. He tries to walk a fine line of not being rose colored but misses it by a mile. A lot of our fans do that everywhere including IU fans but that doesn't stop us from calling each other out. ha
Who am I wrong on? Purdue would have liked to keep Burks and Sydnor, but both aren’t great scheme fits either, so it makes sense why they wanted to leave. Though it seems I was correct in Burke just wanting a pay day. Oklahoma makes zero sense. Sydnor will play in Sundays, dude is a stud.

ha Yeah, if your scheme resulted in a taller WR being better last year, I would agree. But naturally, the scheme Walters ran preferred to pass to the 5'11 Burks. He had 99 targets while the next closest, Sheffield had 48.....and he too was 5'11. Burks had the most YPC for anyone with at least 5 catches on the season. He dominated the receiving stats.

Lastly, you said Edrine was the best receiver last year, but he got injured. Come on.....he's never had a catch at Purdue and had 570yds and 6 TDs at Florida Atlantic in 22. That stat line, btw, also not good enough to surpass Brooks. But to pretend what you're trying to say is "facts" and not rose-colored glasses is absolute garbage. Just admit, you lost your best receiver and its not even close. We did too and it sucks. The hope is the coach either brings players in or the system is run/executed better to help solve for it.
Yes, Purdue lost their best receiver statistically last year. I’ve said this. I’ve also said they didn’t want to lose him. Idk how this is rose colored. I’ve also said he isn’t the type of WR they want in this scheme long term.

Everything you wanted me to admit I have already said, but ok. Burks and Sheffield dominated the catches because the TE’s kept getting hurt and Yaseen and Rice fought injuries. They were the only healthy ones the entire season. Have to throw the ball to someone. Burks still disappeared in games. He’s a good player, but he’s also replaceable. I’m more upset with Sydnor leaving, but understand why.

90% of the portal guys for Purdue is roster cleaning by Walter’s. It will probably happen at iu next year.

Last edited:
Some IU fans do this as well, hell...I have done this. . ALL fanbases have excuse makers that do this.

I just don't understand the need to go do this on a rival's board. Weird.

Some IU fans do this as well, hell...I have done this. . ALL fanbases have excuse makers that do this.
I said that in the message you quoted. It's a funny thing and most can see it but he comes here and always defends it as a move the team made. According to his historical posts, no PU transfer has ever been one that hurt the future of the team. It's all part of a masterful plan.

Last edited:
Who am I wrong on? Purdue would have liked to keep Burks and Sydnor, but both aren’t great scheme fits either, so it makes sense why they wanted to leave. Though it seems I was correct in Burke just wanting a pay day. Oklahoma makes zero sense. Sydnor will play in Sundays, dude is a stud.
Yes, you're slowly getting closer but you can't help yourself from stopping at you stating he is your best player.....without throwing some BS justifications that there's a larger picture that involves you guys needing to do that so Walters system can be applied. It's the culmination of everything that you're not grasping. It hurts, it's not justified, and you'll be alright.

You are the king of minimization when it suits your narrative and the king of maximization when it suits your narrative.

I'm sure you're a good dude, but my goodness, it comes off so cheap.

Shouldn't be too many who would argue that CTA and LEO were the major draw for players (and their mothers) to come play at IU. Certainly isn't the town or weather or football tradition.

CTA goes, they are free agents.. College football is done, killed by greed...
Who’s greed? Just curious

I said that in the message you quoted. It's a funny thing and most can see it but he comes here and always defends it as a move the team made. According to his historical posts, no PU transfer has ever been one that hurt the future of the team. It's all part of a masterful plan.
Sure, if you ignore the post about Purdue not wanting to lose Burks or Sydnor, you are correct.

Yes, you're slowly getting closer but you can't help yourself from stopping at you stating he is your best player.....without throwing some BS justifications that there's a larger picture that involves you guys needing to do that so Walters system can be applied. It's the culmination of everything that you're not grasping. It hurts, it's not justified, and you'll be alright.
Burks isn’t Purdue’s best player? I wouldn’t put him top 5. Scourton, Jenkins, theineman, Card, and Hartwig would be more top 5.

I don’t think the loss of Burks and Sydnor is catastrophic like you. I’ve stated my reasoning. You apparently don’t like it. That’s fine. He’s a good player, but he’s not a take over a game type player. Granted, those guys are rare. Glad they paid the above players over Burks though.

You are the king of minimization when it suits your narrative and the king of maximization when it suits your narrative.

I'm sure you're a good dude, but my goodness, it comes off so cheap.
What am I minimizing? Who are the other major loses?

Realistic, oh I get it WR's 6'2" and over are best. KOOLAIDE! Fine with me. You PUkes be PUkes that's what you're real good at.

Last edited:
Burks isn’t Purdue’s best player? I wouldn’t put him top 5. Scourton, Jenkins, theineman, Card, and Hartwig would be more top 5.

I don’t think the loss of Burks and Sydnor is catastrophic like you. I’ve stated my reasoning. You apparently don’t like it. That’s fine. He’s a good player, but he’s not a take over a game type player. Granted, those guys are rare. Glad they paid the above players over Burks though.
Haha Catastrophic? I said you'll be fine. Why are you taking my statement and making it even more? Just take it on the chin son. You lost your best player but you'll bounce back. You just need a new 5'11 WR to fill his spot.

Haha Catastrophic? I said you'll be fine. Why are you taking my statement and making it even more? Just take it on the chin son. You lost your best player but you'll bounce back. You just need a new 5'11 WR to fill his spot.
How can you say Burks is Purdue’s best player? He’s clearly not. Which is why he wasn’t a top 5 NIL. I’d argue the best two sack artist in the big ten or a freshman all American is better to keep.

To be fair, Walters doesn't have an offensive system. He's been competently reliant on Graham Harrell who has been run out of town at his two previous stops. Burks is undoubtedly one of Purdue's better offensive players and their BEST receiver by a mile. "He's not a huge loss because he isn't tall" is nonsense. They haven't replaced Burks with anybody nor would that have prevented Purdue from recruiting a "tall" WR pushing Burks to the slot which he will do at Oklahoma. No reason Purdue couldn't do that.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

I don't mind glass half full fans. Much better than "who knocked over my glass" fans.

For the most part, we will never know if a player left the team or was nudged off the team...unless the player posts about it. Of course, it's likely safe to assume that better players, like Burks, weren't nudged.

Reactions: BoilerN
To be fair, Walters doesn't have an offensive system. He's been competently reliant on Graham Harrell who has been run out of town at his two previous stops. Burks is undoubtedly one of Purdue's better offensive players and their BEST receiver by a mile. "He's not a huge loss because he isn't tall" is nonsense. They haven't replaced Burks with anybody nor would that have prevented Purdue from recruiting a "tall" WR pushing Burks to the slot which he will do at Oklahoma. No reason Purdue couldn't do that.
I told ya why Burks left. He wanted more NIl than Purdue wanted to pay

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT