ADVERTISEMENT

Why are People Shocked

The only way Archie should keep his job is if he had a top 5 recruiting class coming in next year. He doesn’t and next year will be just like this year if he stays. There’s been no improvement in two and a half years.
If we had 3 McDonald’s AA coming in next year I’d say we’d make NCAA has a 6-8 seed but that ain’t happening

The only way Archie should keep his job is if he had a top 5 recruiting class coming in next year. He doesn’t and next year will be just like this year if he stays. There’s been no improvement in two and a half years.
He needed Garcia to be brought back imo. Next year looks like a bubble team at best.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Some of us predicted this weeks ago, but were told we’re not fans, we’re whiners , etc. Not surprising at all. Didn’t have to be a card reader to predict this. So keep defending it , make more excuses , etc. but it’s only going to get worse.
I always thought the preseason prediction of 8th was about right. May at half be a little high now. Roster was not upgraded with shooters period

Some of us predicted this weeks ago, but were told we’re not fans, we’re whiners , etc. Not surprising at all. Didn’t have to be a card reader to predict this. So keep defending it , make more excuses , etc. but it’s only going to get worse.

Cool story, bro.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Exhibit A for the kind of lame, flaccid response we can expect from the Miller/Glass apologists from here on out.

by Miller/ Glass apologists you really just mean the crowd that wanted to give a coach his third year to decide? We're finding out about Archie right now. It's not looking good. But keep beating your chest about all the dumb stuff you thought you were right about. lol. you clearly thought year one was going to be a sweet 16 team, so this year just proves you are a blind squirrel. yipeeee! beat that chest!

by Miller/ Glass apologists you really just mean the crowd that wanted to give a coach his third year to decide? We're finding out about Archie right now. It's not looking good. But keep beating your chest about all the dumb stuff you thought you were right about. lol. you clearly thought year one was going to be a sweet 16 team, so this year just proves you are a blind squirrel. yipeeee! beat that chest!
Know cause WE were smart enough to recognize poor coaching and poor recruiting and were told by YOU and your Archie Pom Pom possee that we were being whiny girls. Get lost pal

I wasn't necessarily a pro-Archie guy.

I wanted to see what the team looked like against reasonable Big 10 competition in year 3. Still a small sample size, but it's a rinse and repeat of the issues that have plagued Archie's IU teams since day 1.

2 of the 3 Big 10 losses (both on the road) weren't competitive. That's a problem.

Reactions: hondo314

If you had just an ounce of self-awareness or intelligence, you’d humble yourself right now and admit it’s over, that you were wrong. Last year, which contained an unprecedented losing streak and long stretches where the team seemed to simply not care, told the story on Archie as an IU coach. It’s been a multi-faceted failure, of coaching, recruiting, and leadership (FG). Now we get to wait in limbo for the rest of this season and probably next season too before someone has the cajones to drop the hammer. Yippee, indeed.

If you had just an ounce of self-awareness or intelligence, you’d humble yourself right now and admit it’s over, that you were wrong. Last year, which contained an unprecedented losing streak and long stretches where the team seemed to simply not care, told the story on Archie as an IU coach. It’s been a multi-faceted failure, of coaching, recruiting, and leadership (FG). Now we get to wait in limbo for the rest of this season and probably next season too before someone has the cajones to drop the hammer. Yippee, indeed.
You can’t bring him back next year....3 years no tourney for real

Ol hondo..you mad that most of us saw this coming A LONG FN TIME AGO? Your a fn dumbshit. Writing has been all over the wall for the past year. Anybody who watches this and doesn’t see a poorly coached team knows jack shit about b-ball. Hondo..that includes you boo. Fn clown

Reactions: mcmurtry66
no, you were not smart enough. you guessed. lol. you'll do the same if IU gets a new coach. it's what assholes do...
We guessed?! Oh man you really are clueless. It’s cool at least you’re a die hard fan and I can respect that. But, even my wife watches us and says they act like they’re lost out there. (Poorly coached). I really liked the Archie here and I like Archie. But, you play to win the game. Year 4 will be a waste. Best case scenario is 3 years until we compete again. Best to just sit back with that in mind now

You won’t see any of the pro Archie crowd today[
We guessed?! Oh man you really are clueless. It’s cool at least you’re a die hard fan and I can respect that. But, even my wife watches us and says they act like they’re lost out there. (Poorly coached). I really liked the Archie here and I like Archie. But, you play to win the game. Year 4 will be a waste. Best case scenario is 3 years until we compete again. Best to just sit back with that in mind now

He's not a die-hard fan. he's a miller shill. it's patently obvious.

You can’t bring him back next year....3 years no tourney for real

He needs at least next year to (dis)prove himself. I personally think he should get 5 as it takes time to develop a system and culture. This place was a dumpster fire after Crean got the ax.

Reactions: Sassy61
It’s the end of Archie. New AD coming in May

No it's not. I like Archie and I still think he could be successful here. Besides, he's not being fired this season under any circumstances, with a new AD coming in.

I'll bet if Archie had gone to OSU and Holtmann had come to IU, the two programs would look just like they do now. Let's see what happens after Glass hits the bricks.

No it's not. I like Archie and I still think he could be successful here. Besides, he's not being fired this season under any circumstances, with a new AD coming in.

I'll bet if Archie had gone to OSU and Holtmann had come to IU, the two programs would look just like they do now. Let's see what happens after Glass hits the bricks.
Thanks Mrs Miller. Go buy some more gum for your husband

Wrong. The “Pro Archie” crowd simply want to see how the third year plays out without all the whining and complaining after every bad game or play. You whiners have crazy mood swings and honestly it is a bit annoying. Blanket statements like “they suck”, “Archie Sucks”, “the Student section sucks” and so on gets pretty annoying and shows a lack of intelligence and analysis.
As the season progresses more data is available and more judgements can be made. If after year three there is not a tournament bid and improvement, I too will begin a new coach search.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Thanks Mrs Miller. Go buy some more gum for your husband
You need to relax - you're going to blow a gasket. A lot of people support Archie - doesn't mean we don't see the bad play and think there is a huge problem I have issues with how he is handling this team. But quit acting like you are the superior voice please - a lot a people care that we suck right now and have sucked for a long time....

You need to relax - you're going to blow a gasket. A lot of people support Archie - doesn't mean we don't see the bad play and think there is a huge problem I have issues with how he is handling this team. But quit acting like you are the superior voice please - a lot a people care that we suck right now and have sucked for a long time....

This guy has three or four names on here right now. Report his posts and the mods will sit his ass down.

wrong because I said Archie should be judged by a body of work and not minute by minute? lol. seriously, find all the posts by all the people who said IU is the 2nd coming in the last year. but cool that you won a fake and false argument...

Reactions: jimmygoiu
He's not a die-hard fan. he's a miller shill. it's patently obvious.

again, by "pro-archie" you mean the crowd that wants to see how an actual whole season plays out? lol. where are all these "pro-archie" posts you keep talking about? i see "wait and see" and "worse loss EVAR".

it's patently obvious you're not too bright...

"you play to win the game"

cool sports-like jargon, bro. lol

wrong because I said Archie should be judged by a body of work and not minute by minute? lol. seriously, find all the posts by all the people who said IU is the 2nd coming in the last year. but cool that you won a fake and false argument...
I can see the pro Archie people saying,"Louisville got beat by Florida State and Archie's team beat Florida State. See, See, it's not that bad". Both sides of an argument can try to spin things. The truth is what Louisville does or does not do, nor Ohio State has anything to do with the quality of basketball at IU. Now I suppose these kinds of results could have something to do with how they calculate wins and losses to see who gets into the NCAA. I'm more concerned with how we are playing. It's not fun to watch at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: SixthFlagComing
Ol hondo..you mad that most of us saw this coming A LONG FN TIME AGO? Your a fn dumbshit. Writing has been all over the wall for the past year. Anybody who watches this and doesn’t see a poorly coached team knows jack shit about b-ball. Hondo..that includes you boo. Fn clown

ahhh -- i forgot all the times we've been blown us away by your keen basketball insight. lol. again, you'll hang on every loss if we get a new coach and will still say all the same dumb shit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT