ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing

Wiedersehen

Junior
Jan 6, 2019
Worst half of IU basketball in years. Land there has been a lot of bad halves.

X shouldn’t see the floor again in an IU uniform. Ever! He should have been gone a week ago for the nut tug.

Woodson might be a good coach but he sucks at recruiting. How does INDIANA not have any shooter!?!? This is not IU basketball.

Not even sure what this feeling is but it’s no longer madness or upset. Just totally embarrassed that this historic program has fallen to this level. We’re nowhere near hanging number 6. Maybe I’ll see one someday, but it’s no time soon.

Worst half of IU basketball in years. Land there has been a lot of bad halves.

X shouldn’t see the floor again in an IU uniform. Ever! He should have been gone a week ago for the nut tug.

Woodson might be a good coach but he sucks at recruiting. How does INDIANA not have any shooter!?!? This is not IU basketball.

Not even sure what this feeling is but it’s no longer madness or upset. Just totally embarrassed that this historic program has fallen to this level. We’re nowhere near hanging number 6. Maybe I’ll see one someday, but it’s no time soon.
I would change your thread title to predictable.

Reactions: bsmitty08
I would change your thread title to predictable.
I certainly wouldn't have predicted a half like this. IU has been playing a lot better than this at home.

This is more akin to how IU has been playing on the road.

This has been a Rutgers-esque performance thus far. Hopefully they can snap out of it in the 2nd half and at least make a game of it.

Reactions: Bill4411
The officiating in the first half was a travesty. They took MM and KW out of the game early. What happened from that point on was predictable.

• Haha
Reactions: Wiedersehen
I certainly wouldn't have predicted a half like this. IU has been playing a lot better than this at home.

This is more akin to how IU has been playing on the road.

This has been a Rutgers-esque performance thus far. Hopefully they can snap out of it in the 2nd half and at least make a game of it.
I am not watching the game. But, given the construction of the Purdue team and how well they are playing and beating good teams vs IU getting throttled by every good team they have played, with the exception of Kansas, this should be a surprise to no one. Regardless of how dark the crimson colored glasses being worn are. Its the same old story. We go how our guards go. As a collective group, our guards are worst in the league. If not worst, they are near it.

First half stats for each teams guards as a collective unit:

Pts
- Purdue: 30
- IU: 21

FG's
- Purdue: 10-22 / 45.5% (Smith 1-9)
- IU: 9 - 22 / 41%

Threes
- Purdue: 6-14 / 42.9% (Smith 0-5)
- IU: 4 - 10 / 40%

Free Throws
- Purdue: 4-6
- IU: 0-0

Turnovers
- Purdue: 1
- IU: 3

Analysis shows not too large a discrepancy in production, but the discrepancy covers the spread. The rest of the points may be found at the foul line. Purdue outscored IU 16-4 from the line.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Didn’t watch because I don’t have Peacock but how does IU only get 4 points from the line again 22 for PU. And if I read it right, none of those 4 came in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT