ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody believe that they can still salvage something here…

I have explained my reasons for admiring Woodson and wanting him to be successful, but I am sorry to admit this is not working and changes unfortunately need to be made. I enjoyed some of the best at IU and was definitely spoiled but 2 or 3 good seasons since 1993 is not what I want or expect from our program.

I will always be all in on 24/7 sports at IU and cheer them all, but men's basketball has been a struggle for a lot of years. I don't know how I would have stayed engaged if all I cheered for was men's basketball.

Yeah, the Woodson experiment is a wrap. I like the initial hire(s) but it's not working. TJD provided MW quite a bit of cover, it appears. Roster construction is unforgivable.

I like Mike but I've seen enough.

Yeah, the Woodson experiment is a wrap. I like the initial hire(s) but it's not working. TJD provided MW quite a bit of cover, it appears. Roster construction is unforgivable.

I too like Mike. Actually loved him as a player. Not so much as a coach.

LW5vLmdpZg.gif

Reactions: jet812

The Woodson experiment probably would have seemed over to most after year one had he not inherited an all american. Woodson now has his own team and it is a disaster.

…or is this just a dead cat bounce? Surprisingly, I think I’m in the camp of believing that something can still be salvaged this season. With Ware back, I think the potential is there to make a late push for the tourney. Do I think they’ll make it? Absolutely not, but I think they’ll do enough to keep us engaged and interested down the stretch here as opposed to wallowing in an endless loop of despair and apathy for the rest of the season.

With that said, it nauseates me to have these kinds of lowly, pathetic expectations for the program at this point. Woodson shouldn’t have to be told that it’s an embarrassment.
the product is bad, boring, and has zero heart. it's bad basketball anywhere

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Penn State - L (Initially predicted a W)
@OSU - W (Initially predicted an L)
@ Purdue - L, lost by 20 (Predicted an L but by 35)
NW - L
Nebraska - W
@PSU - L
Wiscy - L
@Maryland - L
@ Minny - L
MSU - W

Last 10 Games Prediction: 3-7

Last edited:
we could honestly still go like 500 cause the big ten is so bad but i dont see it. We would have to beat a couple good teams at home at least
I don’t consider that salvaging the season so much. But it is possible. To do that, we better improve quite a bit.

Nor do i at all just saying that is how bad the big ten is this year.
B1G isn’t bad. Just not great. Far too much parity in this league for any team to really run away. Purdoo is the closest and I ****ing hate them with a passion. FTFM

The season is over. Has been for sometime. We are on the bubble for the NIT. THE NIT. We spent the most on NIL in the B1G and we we are on the bubble for the NIT.

We aren’t winning the B1G tourney so don’t even start.

Reactions: 76-1
The season is over. Has been for sometime. We are on the bubble for the NIT. THE NIT. We spent the most on NIL in the B1G and we we are on the bubble for the NIT.

The fact we've never won that going back to the RMK days is insane.

30 years almost and never won. Made the title game what, once?

It's amazing that there are so many who passionately care anymore....

The # is dwindling with each bad year, though.

"we spent the most on NIL in the B1G" - statistics please

The fact we've never won that going back to the RMK days is insane.

30 years almost and never won. Made the title game what, once?

It's amazing that there are so many who passionately care anymore....

The # is dwindling with each bad year, though.
It’s a bummer our fanbase never gets to plan on going to wherever the NCAA regionals or final four is. Those trips and experiences are the best with the camaraderie of running into IU fans everywhere. Sigh.

Does anyone think IU basketball will improve in stature when the west coast teams are in the conference? It will get worse....unless there is a revolutionary move to overhaul this program....and time is not our friend.

Does anyone think IU basketball will improve in stature when the west coast teams are in the conference? It will get worse....unless there is a revolutionary move to overhaul this program....and time is not our friend.

IMO, the ONLY overhaul needed is the main man sitting on the bench.
Pros success is driven by the players. College is driven by the coach.
Get the right guy and the program will flourish.

NW - L
Nebraska - W
@PSU - L
Wiscy - L
@Maryland - L
@ Minny - L
MSU - W

Update after NW Game.

NW - L
Nebraska - W
@PSU - L
Wiscy - L
@Maryland - L
@ Minny - L
MSU - W

- Notable accomplishment with third straight loss to NW in Assembly Hall: first time since 1916. Quite remarkable. History made today. Woof!

• Angry
Reactions: 4IUSox2
Update after NW Game.

NW - L
Nebraska - W
@PSU - L
Wiscy - L
@Maryland - L
@ Minny - L
MSU - W

- Notable accomplishment with third straight loss to NW in Assembly Hall: first time since 1916. Quite remarkable. History made today. Woof!
Update following Nebraska Game

NW - L
Nebraska - L
@PSU - L
Wiscy - L
@Maryland - L
@ Minny - L
MSU - W

…or is this just a dead cat bounce? Surprisingly, I think I’m in the camp of believing that something can still be salvaged this season. With Ware back, I think the potential is there to make a late push for the tourney. Do I think they’ll make it? Absolutely not, but I think they’ll do enough to keep us engaged and interested down the stretch here as opposed to wallowing in an endless loop of despair and apathy for the rest of the season.

With that said, it nauseates me to have these kinds of lowly, pathetic expectations for the program at this point. Woodson shouldn’t have to be told that it’s an embarrassment.
IU is driving on fumes because Woodson forgot to fill up quite a few miles back. This team is stranded with no true direction.

That's why I think he'll be canned. Who cares what Jeff Goodman says for God sake. The place runs on $ and when that is threatened, nothing will save him. That will be discussed certainly if he's even in consideration to keep his job. I don't believe he is. There is no amount of money that can fix it and does anybody really trust those who created the mess to clean it up? It feels like a Kobe Bryant final tour of cementing a legacy that every team in the big 10 has finally humiliated us at AH at least once.

That's why I think he'll be canned. Who cares what Jeff Goodman says for God sake. The place runs on $ and when that is threatened, nothing will save him. That will be discussed certainly if he's even in consideration to keep his job. I don't believe he is. There is no amount of money that can fix it and does anybody really trust those who created the mess to clean it up? It feels like a Kobe Bryant final tour of cementing a legacy that every team in the big 10 has finally humiliated us at AH at least once.
People on this board love to say follow the $.

Well a 10% drop in donations and ticket sales is about $4M. Our NIL sponsors have to be upset at what they are getting. There is brand damage happening.

IUBB being this bad costs the school many millions. Like you said I think this forces a change soon.

We are currently 13-8, 5-5. The best I can see is finishing this season is 16-15, 8-12. Then the traditional first round bounce in B1G tourney to finish the glorious season off at 16-16.

Penn State - W
@OSU - L
@ Purdue - L by 35 pts
NW - L
Nebraska - W
@PSU - L
Wiscy - L
@Maryland - L
@ Minny - L
MSU - W
We are currently 13-8, 5-5. The best I can see is finishing this season is 16-15, 8-12. Then the traditional first round bounce in B1G tourney to finish the glorious season off at 16-16.

Penn State - W
@OSU - L
@ Purdue - L by 35 pts
NW - L
Nebraska - W
@PSU - L
Wiscy - L
@Maryland - L
@ Minny - L
MSU - W
OK. We are 6 games into the 10 game prediction. I had predicted we would be 2-4 at this point and we are 1-5 with the one surprise win being on the road at Ohio State. Updated forecast for the final 4 games, 0-4 making us 1-9 in our final 10 league games. This is by far my least favorite team and season of IU basketball since the Sampson debacle.

Penn State: L
@OSU: W
@Purdue: L by 20
NW: L by 4
Nebraska: L by 15
@PSU: L by 9
Wiscy: L
@Maryland - L
@ Minny - L
MSU - W

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT