ADVERTISEMENT

Why am I only hearing about this now...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Last night was full of sure fire bets in the sports gambling world... Tenn @ Missouri,Duke @ Wake,and
MSU over PU. All 3 of those favorites covered easily,and won by at least 16 pts...

But the easiest money of the night was the proposition bet that I just found out about a few hours ago. A site lost nearly $300,000 from people betting the over (at -145) on 3.5 as the total of lies Trump told in his speech. I mean I've heard of oddsmakers taking a bath, but someone really thought that a total of 3 1/2 would get action on the under? :eek:

They set the limit at $2000, and 92% of the action was on the over. It's one thing to believe Trump wouldn't lie 4+ times, but what kind of moron would actually put $$ on it? That number (3.5) is pathetically low- I mean it's not like he has a track record or anything...:D

"Odds consultant John Lester told BuzzFeed News, which first reported on the betting, that the website lost $276,424 as a result of the speech. All told, 92 per cent of those who put money down correctly predicted that Mr Trump would make a habit of lies in his speech.

“It’s a bad day for Truthiness and Bookmaker,” Mr Lester told the news website. “We knew we were in trouble early with this one”. Gee-ya think?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/betting-website-loses-276-424-222741619.html

Last night was full of sure fire bets in the sports gambling world... Tenn @ Missouri,Duke @ Wake,and
MSU over PU. All 3 of those favorites covered easily,and won by at least 16 pts...

But the easiest money of the night was the proposition bet that I just found out about a few hours ago. A site lost nearly $300,000 from people betting the over (at -145) on 3.5 as the total of lies Trump told in his speech. I mean I've heard of oddsmakers taking a bath, but someone really thought that a total of 3 1/2 would get action on the under? :eek:

They set the limit at $2000, and 92% of the action was on the over. It's one thing to believe Trump wouldn't lie 4+ times, but what kind of moron would actually put $$ on it? That number (3.5) is pathetically low- I mean it's not like he has a track record or anything...:D

"Odds consultant John Lester told BuzzFeed News, which first reported on the betting, that the website lost $276,424 as a result of the speech. All told, 92 per cent of those who put money down correctly predicted that Mr Trump would make a habit of lies in his speech.

“It’s a bad day for Truthiness and Bookmaker,” Mr Lester told the news website. “We knew we were in trouble early with this one”. Gee-ya think?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/betting-website-loses-276-424-222741619.html

"They set the limit at $2000"

no problem in the age of computerized trading.

if people think Trump could be compromised by Russians having something on him, how compromised could he be if there's action on the number of lies in his speech.

he did have more than usual last night, didn't he.

not sayin, just sayin.

Last edited:
"They set the limit at $2000"

no problem in the age of computerized trading.

if people think Trump could be compromised by Russians having something on him, how compromised could he be if there's action on the number of lies in his speech.

he did have more than usual last night, didn't he.

not sayin, just sayin.
Your posting and writing method leads me to envision Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison writing on his wall with lipstick.

Not sayin’ just sayin’
jgi39zqyytg01.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT