ADVERTISEMENT

Who/What Radicalized the Shooter?

We have unfortunately seen a long line of radicalized young men with access to very deadly long guns. Blaming this particular one on some Trump is bad narrative seems misplaced as it fails to explain how any other young male mass killer became radicalized. Was the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter fed a steady diet of anti Jewish rhetoric from mainstream sources? Of course not. Troubled young males in this country have found 1,000 different causes to become radicalized by and access that hate through many different channels.
Correct. We’ve had several threads about the problems with boys and public education. From suicide rates to addictions, to violence, our society produces many troubled men. This systemic problem is a problem.

I doubt it’s just a mass shooting. All signs point to an attempted assassination of one person with another as collateral damage. To say it has nothing to do with politics seems silly & dismissive of its likely intent. If it was just a mass shooting, he would have targeted multiple, easier to hit targets. The distinction is important…
This is most likely right. The locations of the other people hit will confirm if all the shots were aimed at Trump. And I’d be really surprised to find out they weren’t.

The deep state has gone rogue.
What was the over-under for how many hours it would take the nutters on here to start blaming Biden and the "deep state"?

The under was a smart bet.

Let's hope that Trump doesn't go there. Heaven help us if he blames Biden.

Reactions: Bill4411
What was the over-under for how many hours it would take the nutters on here to start blaming Biden and the "deep state"?

He won't, but if you think this guy acted alone you probably think Woodson and Dolson are the guys.

So a conspiracy to assassinate Donald Trump chose a 20 year old kid who is a dreadfully bad shot as their one and only gunman?

Come on.
The pic's I saw of him looked like he was using iron sights. From 150 yrds can be a bit difficult. Add in knowing that you are about to die as soon as you pull the trigger and the fact that you are trying to kill a President of THE USA, makes it a wee bit different than shooting at pop cans.

I bet the guy was just extremely depressed. Probably bullied in school and was heavily into firearms. This could’ve been just as easily a school shooting, but instead became a political rally shooting, since the opportunity presented itself. I seriously doubt this had anything to do with politics. Just a depressed young punk who wanted to kill people and had opportunity and means.

Another day, another mass shooting in America.
Remember hinckley wanted to impress a chick. I think you’re spot on

Reactions: UncleMark
Not wanna see another Hitler? Hell they are demonstrating in favor of, wearing The keffiyeh of, and carrying the flag of the 21st century Nazis every day. Anti-semitism rages on many campuses. They have forgotten all about 10/7 Or deny most of it. I think many of them think Hitler had the right Idea.
No, you're mistaken.

The pic's I saw of him looked like he was using iron sights. From 150 yrds can be a bit difficult. Add in knowing that you are about to die as soon as you pull the trigger and the fact that you are trying to kill a President of THE USA, makes it a wee bit different than shooting at pop cans.
The interviews they had last night with some former highly trained snipers said that had Trump not turned his head to the right at the precise moment he did, the bullet would have hit where it was intended: side of the head, above the ear and below the temple. The fact that DJT turn right toward the direction of the bullet meant he moved his head from that side shot profile.

He tried to assassinate the Republican nominee, at a political rally, and you say there's no indication of it being a political act? How, exactly, are you defining a political act?
You think the shooter would care about the location and it being a political rally? The only thing shooter cared about in terms of location was the opportunity it presented.

It could be political but location isn't evidence of it.

I bet the guy was just extremely depressed. Probably bullied in school and was heavily into firearms. This could’ve been just as easily a school shooting, but instead became a political rally shooting, since the opportunity presented itself. I seriously doubt this had anything to do with politics. Just a depressed young punk who wanted to kill people and had opportunity and means.

Another day, another mass shooting in America.
Are you kidding? This wasn’t a mass shooting of a crowd. It was nothing like a school shooting. The shooter targeted Trump and got off at least two very close headshots.

Of course he will. And his political allies.have been all over media doing the same. Just wait until the convention next week. A parade of blame and borders, LGBTQ, Trans, and other social issue bashing , with absolutely zero answers or solutions to problems.

Reactions: outside shooter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT