ADVERTISEMENT

Who was behind the siege on the Capital?

Eyewitness reporting is not relevant? She put her name out there as a witness. I hope that there is follow-up and that she names names, with regard to who was providing the planning tour. As it was, she was responding to a question on her rationale for her vote. There ought to be follow-up, for sure.

Given her military background, she is aware of the meaning of her description as "reconnaissance" and, while it could be bluster, it could also be very revealing.
And so in the annals of extreme left wing thinking it is already true. Just like how Chuck Norris was at the riot.

"I hope this wasn't a reconnaisance mission."
THAT was the speculation.
THAT was irresponsible

It is also NOT WHAT SHE SAID.

“We can’t have a democracy if members of Congress are actively helping the president overturn the elections results. And so not only do I intend to see that the president is removed and never runs for office again and doesn’t have access to classified material, I also intend to see that those members of Congress who abetted him; those members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol that I saw on Jan. 5 — a reconnaissance for the next day; those members of Congress that incited this violent crowd; those members of Congress that attempted to help our president undermine our democracy; I'm going to see they are held accountable, and if necessary, ensure that they don't serve in Congress.”

She wasn't expressing some vague hope that it might not be a recon mission, she was calling it, that based upon her own eyewitness account.

Dealing with facts seems to be problematic for you...

These musings by Democratic congresspeople the last couple days about reconnaissance missions and plots by house Republicans to assasinate Biden and Kamala.

It’s almost the kind of thing you would expect to see on a Democratic Q’anon.

And so in the annals of extreme left wing thinking it is already true. Just like how Chuck Norris was at the riot.
Wherein Ranger Exercises his talent at black and white pigeonholing. We assume to be true that she saw some of these people on a tour. No one is assuming that it was reconnaissance necessarily.

It's an eyewitness account. It is indeed an extraordinary claim that requires some follow-up and some supporting evidence. Nobody accepts it as gospel without that follow-up. No one should dismiss it, either. The coup was apparently facilitated by congressional members in many differnt ways by words, deeds and actions, as she described. She just added another log to the already roaring fire.

Let me walk you through this:

Seeing a Senator or a Representative lead people through the Capitol Buidling on a tour of some kind is a daily occurence. THAT is where the facts stopped.

"I hope this wasn't a reconnaisance mission."
THAT was the speculation.
THAT was irresponsible, Twitter level, water Cooler-level idiocy.
If she has no actual evidence that it WAS a reconnaisance mission, she should be impeached.

Plus, "loose lips sink ships."

Let's say it WAS reconnaisance.
Now the perps will go to the mattresses.
We'll never get to goods on them.
She may be IN ON IT.
Again - impeachable.
This is your most lucid post of the week. There’s hope for you yet!

It’s almost the kind of thing you would expect to see on a Democratic Q’anon.
There were eyewitness accounts to the pedophile cannibalism and to the heroic putdown of said pizza-inspired pedophile cannibalism by the caped orange crusader?

Link?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It's an eyewitness account. It is indeed an extraordinary claim that requires some follow-up and some supporting evidence. Nobody accepts it as gospel without that follow-up. No one should dismiss it, either. The coup was apparently facilitated by congressional members in many differnt ways by words, deeds and actions, as she described. She just added another log to the already roaring fire.
It’s also likely that congressmen were indeed walking people through the capitol as that is uncommon.

Yours is the equivalent of saying that those flight instructors taught Al Qaeda how to fly planes into buildings.

For an obviously intelligent scientist, you have zero awareness on your bias.

Reactions: Spartans9312
So what? Are extreme leftists the issue today? Or are extreme right-wingers the issue?

Yes.

Violence is violence and hate is hate, and the defense/rationalization/qualification/protection of hate and violence by the left while lamenting and focusing on the hate and violence of the right, is part of the same problem.

Reactions: 76-1
For an obviously intelligent scientist, you have zero awareness on your bias.
On-the-record, eyewitness accounts by reputable people ought to be listened to (and, yes, checked out for verification). They ought to be taken a bit more seriously than anonymous chat on Parler, or whatever your favorite rumor site is, these days.

It is also NOT WHAT SHE SAID.

“We can’t have a democracy if members of Congress are actively helping the president overturn the elections results. And so not only do I intend to see that the president is removed and never runs for office again and doesn’t have access to classified material, I also intend to see that those members of Congress who abetted him; those members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol that I saw on Jan. 5 — a reconnaissance for the next day; those members of Congress that incited this violent crowd; those members of Congress that attempted to help our president undermine our democracy; I'm going to see they are held accountable, and if necessary, ensure that they don't serve in Congress.”

She wasn't expressing some vague hope that it might not be a recon mission, she was calling it, that based upon her own eyewitness account.

Dealing with facts seems to be problematic for you...

Looks like we agree - she has zero proof it was reconnaisance, but tweeted it out as a possibility anyway.

I accept your confirmation.

PS - I have no PROOF you are planning to assassinate a politician tomorrow, but its POSSIBLE, so I'm putting it out there to show how deeply I care. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!

I'll be back Friday to brag how I prevented a killing. I am SUCH a GOOD person. VOTE FOR MEEEE!!!!

Yes. They are symbiotic to each other.

Normally I’d agree with this. But currently that’s not the case IMO. The radical right is a defined and identifiable group of Trump cultists who want to undermine our democracy. We will soon have 10,000 NGs with live rounds in DC. They ain’t there because of leftist radicals.

On-the-record, eyewitness accounts by reputable people ought to be listened to (and, yes, checked out for verification). They ought to be taken a bit more seriously than anonymous chat on Parler, or whatever your favorite rumor site is, these days.

I would implore you to listen to the Parler CEO on Megyn Kelly’s latest podcast. It might make you realize that you’re viewing this situation through politically colored glasses. But I won’t hold out hope.

Noted Trumper and Neo Nazi, Megyn Kelly was building a large following on Parler as well, btw.

Why? You’ve already made up your mind. Just like when you accused the Capitol Police (and their 50% minority ranks) of racism.

Yes.

Violence is violence and hate is hate, and the defense/rationalization/qualification/protection of hate and violence by the left while lamenting and focusing on the hate and violence of the right, is part of the same problem.
You're barking up your own tree there, MTIOTF . . . that's what you do for those on the political right . . . pure projection by you . . . .

Normally I’d agree with this. But currently that’s not the case IMO. The radical right is a defined and identifiable group of Trump cultists who want to undermine our democracy. We will soon have 10,000 NGs with live rounds in DC. They ain’t there because of leftist radicals.
Now "at least 20,000" NGs.

Really? There are still buildings boarded up in downtowns everywhere. The damage caused by left wing radicals this summer was far more damaging in terms of property than that of these larpers. Their damage was to the fabric of our democracy and that is equally unforgivable.

This is dangerous and irresponsible rumor spreading and if it ends up not being true I hope Democrats tell her to STFU and primary her out of there. That isn’t leadership.

This should be very easy to validate. If true it is big news. If false she should be held accountable.

Really? There are still buildings boarded up in downtowns everywhere. The damage caused by left wing radicals this summer was far more damaging in terms of property than that of these larpers. Their damage was to the fabric of our democracy and that is equally unforgivable.

Im on record saying that the shitheads tearing up property deserve to be prosecuted. It was inexcusable regardless of the underlying cause.

On the radical right, you hit one issue - they are trying to destroy our democracy. That’s bad. More fundamental, these radicals are the current GOP base. It’s how we got Trump, and Taylor Green, and Bobert, and on and on. These radicals have a huge say in one of the two political parties in this countries. GOP politicians are scared to death of them. Cross Trump and they come after you, and you will get primaried by a nut job.

The radical left doesn’t have a say in any political party. The destruction was largely anarchists and stupid young white kids. Not the types moving the political needle.

Forget it...these folks are incapable of thinking beyond the color or "their team's" jersey. They cannot think critically and see the bigger picture or both sides of an issue.

They are not wired that way. They are wired similarly to the right wing nuts that stormed the Capitol...they just chose a different color jersey to cheer for.

• Haha
"equally"?

How did you do that calculation?
giphy.gif

The destruction was largely anarchists and stupid young white kids. Not the types moving the political needle.
At the end of the day, to the widow of an retired police captain that was executed and to thousands of store owners, they don’t care what moves the political needle, they care about what’s in front of them.

Most of the damage done last summer was not done by left wing radicals.

At the end of the day, to the widow of an retired police captain that was executed and to thousands of store owners, they don’t care what moves the political needle, they care about what’s in front of them.

and while I love the "do you recognize this guy" efforts right now to ID the DC rioters, the same thing should have happened all summer thousands of times over.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
and while I love the "do you recognize this guy" efforts right now to ID the DC rioters, the same thing should have happened all summer thousands of times over.
A lot of the rioters that were arrested were not even charged due to the idiocy of prosecutors

Looks like we agree - she has zero proof it was reconnaisance, but tweeted it out as a possibility anyway.

I accept your confirmation.

PS - I have no PROOF you are planning to assassinate a politician tomorrow, but its POSSIBLE, so I'm putting it out there to show how deeply I care. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!

I'll be back Friday to brag how I prevented a killing. I am SUCH a GOOD person. VOTE FOR MEEEE!!!!
This is not correct. She's referred the information she has to law enforcement for investigation. So she has something. Whether that something is actually meaningful? I have no idea. But it's not fair to pretend she is just speculating out of thin air.

This is not correct. She's referred the information she has to law enforcement for investigation. So she has something. Whether that something is actually meaningful? I have no idea. But it's not fair to pretend she is just speculating out of thin air.

But it's the only way to make their own speculating out of thin air seem legit.

Forget it...these folks are incapable of thinking beyond the color or "their team's" jersey. They cannot think critically and see the bigger picture or both sides of an issue.

They are not wired that way. They are wired similarly to the right wing nuts that stormed the Capitol...they just chose a different color jersey to cheer for.

Are you looking in a mirror? You are hardly one to talk about thinking beyond one's team.

Sigh. “Most” is the wrong word sir.

This is where Republicans get their shit bent out of shape by the media as well. "Most were not affiliated with an organized leftist group, ergo they are not leftists..." How many of the people that were in the Capitol do you think were affiliated with "far right" groups similar to the standard that the AP was using for this article? You think we would get an AP article saying "most of the Capitol protestors were peaceful and not affiliated with extremist groups"? Nah, we are getting manchurian candidate congressmen and women were trying to kill their colleagues, we need to shut down Parler, they shouldn't be allowed to have jobs, etc.

This is where Republicans get their shit bent out of shape by the media as well. "Most were not affiliated with an organized leftist group, ergo they are not leftists..." How many of the people that were in the Capitol do you think were affiliated with "far right" groups similar to the standard that the AP was using for this article? You think we would get an AP article saying "most of the Capitol protestors were peaceful and not affiliated with extremist groups"? Nah, we are getting manchurian candidate congressmen and women were trying to kill their colleagues, we need to shut down Parler, they shouldn't be allowed to have jobs, etc.
It’s a completely misleading lede - the headline mentions extremist leftists and that’s true - but then it goes on to explain how other than AutoZone guy it’s pretty much left wing violence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT