ADVERTISEMENT

White Democrat meets black Republican

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Read how a black Republican candidate responds to a white congressional Democrat's statement about understanding our nation’s black experience and how to combat systemic racism.

A few quotes:

My opponent’s virtue signaling insults me, and it should insult you too. Dean Phillips got his degree in Urban Studies from an Ivy League School in the Northeast. I got my degree in Urban Studies from the streets of Harlem in New York City.

my opponent and his progressive comrades across the nation are using the tragic death of George Floyd to fuel the flames of racism and create a smoke screen to cover up how they failed our cities, our country, and the Black community.

My opponent can independently fund his political campaign from his trust fund. In fact, he already has. Do I begrudge him for his wealth? No, because this is America and everyone has a right to pursue prosperity and happiness. But I do take umbrage at his characterization of America given all that this country has given me and my family.

I’m not afraid to tell you that life isn’t fair. Like all countries, America has its imperfections. But with faith and hard work, you have the freedom in this country to overcome your circumstances and build a better life. I’m proof of it. I want to protect the freedom that allowed my opponent’s family to prosper, allowed me and my family to improve our lot in life, and make sure that freedom is here so you and your family can prosper too.

Last edited:
new_big_ken_and_karen_ebp3u4cxgaih5su.jpg
Other than "guns", what does the word "freedom" mean to Republicans?

Read how a black Republican candidate responds to a white congressional Democrat's statement about understanding our nation’s black experience and how to combat systemic racism.

A few quotes:

My opponent’s virtue signaling insults me, and it should insult you too. Dean Phillips got his degree in Urban Studies from an Ivy League School in the Northeast. I got my degree in Urban Studies from the streets of Harlem in New York City.

my opponent and his progressive comrades across the nation are using the tragic death of George Floyd to fuel the flames of racism and create a smoke screen to cover up how they failed our cities, our country, and the Black community.

My opponent can independently fund his political campaign from his trust fund. In fact, he already has. Do I begrudge him for his wealth? No, because this is America and everyone has a right to pursue prosperity and happiness. But I do take umbrage at his characterization of America given all that this country has given me and my family.

I’m not afraid to tell you that life isn’t fair. Like all countries, America has its imperfections. But with faith and hard work, you have the freedom in this country to overcome your circumstances and build a better life. I’m proof of it. I want to protect the freedom that allowed my opponent’s family to prosper, allowed me and my family to improve our lot in life, and make sure that freedom is here so you and your family can prosper too.

I hear that some polls has Trump's African American support as high as 4%.

Why is that?

Reactions: brianiu

A few quotes:

sounds like he could be the GOP's legislative Clarence Thomas.

background shouldn't mean sht. (squat).

race shouldn't mean sht.

gender shouldn't mean sht.

party affiliation shouldn't mean sht.

policy should be all that matters, but idiocracies don't grasp that.

those pulling the strings for both parties do.

new_big_ken_and_karen_ebp3u4cxgaih5su.jpg
Other than "guns", what does the word "freedom" mean to Republicans?
Yeah...these two were a little nutty. No worse, though than the idiots who broke through their gate.
Some of the armchair QBs here have all the answers. From the comfort of your couch it’s easy to be a critic. What the hell are you going to do when a mob is aggressively coming closer and closer to your residence?
Seeing some of the commentary here, you’d probably roll out the red carpet, bring them some tea and tell them to torch your place.

Yeah...these two were a little nutty. No worse, though than the idiots who broke through their gate.
Some of the armchair QBs here have all the answers. From the comfort of your couch it’s easy to be a critic. What the hell are you going to do when a mob is aggressively coming closer and closer to your residence?
Seeing some of the commentary here, you’d probably roll out the red carpet, bring them some tea and tell them to torch your place.
Call the police?

Call the police?
They did call the police. A police report was made citing the homeowners as victims. The protestors broke into a private neighborhood, truly private (roads, sidewalks, etc), via force, a crime, then proceeded to gather on private property and threaten homeowners in the most dangerous city in America where three blocks over the mayor’s husband was murdered in a car jacking. These two look like idiots but the rush to judgment is silly. Anyone who lives there would have been scared shitless. They should have stayed inside but probably got all worked up thinking everything they had worked for was going to be trashed. As an aside they do civil rights cases and recently sued the police dept for abuse. They are among the very few white people with money who haven’t fled the city.

Last edited:
Call the police?

The police are the bad guys, right?
That’s what everyone says. We need to defund them. Why in the hell would a policeman want to show up to something like that? They aren’t needed. Society can take care of itself according to the protestors. And if police intervene, they get scrutinized by people who have never been in a risky profession. Nah...no police needed. Private citizens can defend themselves.

I also think most of the people here wouldn't leap to the conclusion that protesters were any serious threat.

I think most are also smart enough to know that bringing guns into that situation wouldn't likely end well. If that really was a violent mob, how do you think those two (small arms and all) would fare?

I also think most of the people here wouldn't leap to the conclusion that protesters were any serious threat.

I think most are also smart enough to know that bringing guns into that situation wouldn't likely end well. If that really was a violent mob, how do you think those two (small arms and all) would fare?
Most of the people here don’t live in the most dangerous city in America. Some spend their time in a sorority house. You have to put it into proper context. In Stl you don’t know who in that crowd are going to be protestors vs rioters/looters. They’ve already shown they aren’t peaceful protestors by knowingly breaking into a gated community and trespassing. That neighborhood is gated because violent crime surrounds it. Our “protests” have included fires, murders, random shootings etc. unless you live with crime around you on a daily basis you don’t get it.

As for bringing out guns, I do agree. It would seem to only make things worse. But that’s just my opinion. And I don’t live there surrounded by crime to shape my behavior.

Last edited:
You have to put it into proper context. In Stl you don’t know who in that crowd are going to be protestors vs rioters/looters. They’ve already shown they aren’t peaceful protestors by knowingly breaking into a gated community and trespassing.
The context being them protesting the mayor doxxing the protest leaders.

The context being them protesting the mayor doxxing the protest leaders.

Then do it at city hall. No problem. The context being destroying a private gate to trespass on private property in a city where countless crimes, including murder, have attended these peaceful protests in Stl.

These aren’t right wing nuts excited to use their militia training. They are scared democrats. Guaranteed.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Then do it at city hall. No problem. The context being destroying a private gate to trespass on private property in a city where countless crimes, including murder, have attended these peaceful protests in Stl.
The mayor essentially sicced her people on the protesters. They were giving her a taste of her own medicine. Other than the damage to the gate itself, nothing was hurt. That's the immediate context. I also get the broader context you're describing. The truth of the matter is there wasn't any real harm done to anyone except for the reputations of the gun waving lawyers.

The mayor essentially sicced her people on the protesters. They were giving her a taste of her own medicine. Other than the damage to the gate itself, nothing was hurt. That's the immediate context. I also get the broader context you're describing. The truth of the matter is there wasn't any real harm done to anyone except for the reputations of the gun waving lawyers.
The mayor is an idiot in a long line of idiots. And pulling out guns was drastic and dumb. But you have to view it not from what did happen but from what people experience living in the city and the potential for harm. This is the last white neighborhood with money in the city. Events like this will just lead to further exodus of what’s left. Sadly. Perception becomes reality. The city has gone from 900,000 to 300,000 largely due to crime and schools.

Most of the people here don’t live in the most dangerous city in America. Some spend their time in a sorority house. You have to put it into proper context. In Stl you don’t know who in that crowd are going to be protestors vs rioters/looters. They’ve already shown they aren’t peaceful protestors by knowingly breaking into a gated community and trespassing. That neighborhood is gated because violent crime surrounds it. Our “protests” have included fires, murders, random shootings etc. unless you live with crime around you on a daily basis you don’t get it.

As for bringing out guns, I do agree. It would seem to only make things worse. But that’s just my opinion. And I don’t live there surrounded by crime to shape my behavior.

I get all that...but it all went out the window as soon as they pointed guns at a crowd.

They might be the nicest, most liberal, best-intentioned people in the world and entirely justified to be concerned, but they turned themselves into picture-perfect caricatures of right-wing arrogance. What better symbol of "My lawn is more important than your life" than a pink polo and and an assault rifle?

Reactions: UncleMark
I get all that...but it all went out the window as soon as they pointed guns at a crowd.

They might be the nicest, most liberal, best-intentioned people in the world and entirely justified to be concerned, but they turned themselves into picture-perfect caricatures of right-wing arrogance. What better symbol of "My lawn is more important than your life" than a pink polo and and an assault rifle?
Agreed.

Reactions: mainway_toys

Are you saying the couple should not have been concerned at all? Or are you saying that the couple should have hidden themselves so the mob would not see them or their guns?

Are you saying the couple should not have been concerned at all? Or are you saying that the couple should have hidden themselves so the mob would not see them or their guns?

Thet should have shown that they were armed but then NOT have pointed their guns at the protestors. The woman was way out of line pointing a handgun at people needlessly.

Thet should have shown that they were armed but then NOT have pointed their guns at the protestors. The woman was way out of line pointing a handgun at people needlessly.

I agree with that. It is clear that the woman has not had much safety training. The guy was a little better but he needed some work too.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I agree with that. It is clear that the woman has not had much safety training. The guy was a little better but he needed some work too.
They were both comical. What is so concerning is that I suspect they are quite typical, too.

They were both comical. What is so concerning is that I suspect they are quite typical, too.

May I suggest Mark that you take a look at some of the things that are currently being pushed right now then. If the police are not available to respond or only start responding to the most egregious examples of crime, you are in for quite a bit more of people like that. People of all political persuasions are going to be protecting their families and possessions and the run on guns lately has been a whole bunch of people gearing up for the potential that their local police force is going to get cut.

You are already starting to see the fruits of this madness in major metropolitan cities across the U.S. The murder rate is up in a bunch of major cities.

Defunding the police is going to create vacuums that will be filled. People are not going to wait for Betty the Social Worker to come and talk down criminals. They are going to be out (figuratively) on their lawn with weapons saying, "There is going to be a heavy price to pay if you try" to criminals. Now you can "redneck" and "ammosexual" and all of that other pejorative horseshit you may want, but lack of organized policing was tried in the past in this country and it led to some pretty violent stuff. (And you may not be one to say that, but there are people here who will.)

the self serving don't mind when the mob shows up at "your" house or business, to size up how much damage they can do.

only when it shows up at their house or business.

only the fear that the couple might shoot kept very possible far more damage to the house from occurring.

the couple's openly discernible "fear", was their savior.

the mob recognized "cornered animal" syndrome, and rethought their actions.

mobs are like dictators, they only respond to one thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT