ADVERTISEMENT

What is Most Impressive abt Archie so far?

I just laugh at the twist and turns the narrative has taken on.

A lot of irony in that statement.

Who said anything about Crean being a good or bad coach? You go to great lengths to avoid answering a simple question. Typical of your posts though.

IU did have a lot of talent last year. They are not a talented team this year. The reason, because they lost their 3 most talented players. There is your answer, which you already knew.

Last edited:
What twist and turns? I don't have any idea what you are talking about.

IU was 18-16 last year and lost its 3 best players. IU was projected to be bottom half of the B10 and miss the NCAA. Everyone knew this (well, most people I guess).

And now you are trying to say this team has "talent", which means what? B10 title talent? Final Four talent? NIT talent?

I think what you are trying to say is this that Miller has enough talent to do "something". Beat ISU at home? Yes. Beat the #22 team on the road? No.

It seems like you are trying to defend Crean by saying this team has "talent". Well, it had the same team last year plus 2 NBA players and a McDonald's All American......was it the coach or talent last year?

Great answer, but it won't matter. YOTHN wants to split hairs over someone saying they have no talent. Of course the statement was hyperbole and anyone who is intellectually honest knew the poster meant that IU is not a talented team, rather than no talent at all.

See my post above.

So IU DOES have talent? Its like you are arguing that they don't, then say they do.......but not really. ?
Our talent isn’t very high. How many on current roster would play over the players starting for top 10-20 teams?

Our talent isn’t very high. How many on current roster would play over the players starting for top 10-20 teams?

I watched Purdue and I am not sure anyone on our current roster would start for them. Maybe Johnson at the 2? Both Edwards, Mathis and Haas would start for IU. It's going to be a long year.

No I agree completely, trust me. I am on the same page. What I am pointing out is that those same people said those same players were talented and just needed a coach to teach them.

Reactions: bsmitty08
A lot of irony in that statement.

IU did have a lot of talent last year. They are not a talented team this year. The reason, because they lost their 3 most talented players. There is your answer, which you already knew.

No no no, I'm not comparing last years entire team to this years. Last year was a much more talented team. I am referring to the young 'talent' we had where everyone said if they just had a coach....

No I agree completely, trust me. I am on the same page. What I am pointing out is that those same people said those same players were talented and just needed a coach to teach them.
Gotcha...I got blasted when I said Creans recruiting had slipped the last few cycles by the Creaniacs On the board. This roster is very very average and doesn’t have any front court depth and zero pg

Reactions: jaypay23
What twist and turns? I don't have any idea what you are talking about.

IU was 18-16 last year and lost its 3 best players. IU was projected to be bottom half of the B10 and miss the NCAA. Everyone knew this (well, most people I guess).

And now you are trying to say this team has "talent", which means what? B10 title talent? Final Four talent? NIT talent?

I think what you are trying to say is this that Miller has enough talent to do "something". Beat ISU at home? Yes. Beat the #22 team on the road? No.

It seems like you are trying to defend Crean by saying this team has "talent". Well, it had the same team last year plus 2 NBA players and a McDonald's All American......was it the coach or talent last year?

What? Again, you are going off nothing that I said. Please read my first post where I said the young players....THOSE PLAYERS....not OG, not Bryant, not Blackmon. None of those guys have anything to do with anything. I even specified the exact players I was referring to in my original post that you questioned. Why are all you going down some other rabbit hole?

Green. Davis. Morgan. Stick to these 3 fellas. I have faith in you. You can do this.

Those 3, people said were talented and all they needed was a coach. Now those same people are saying we are void of talent. Ironic twist indeed.

It’s ok to be stupid. Some of us are just trying to help you get better. This will obviously be a challenge.
I know you are told it is ok to be stupid all the time but you really should quit trying to prove how much of a fool you are to people.How is that GED working out for you

Last edited:
Reactions: jaypay23
What? Again, you are going off nothing that I said. Please read my first post where I said the young players....THOSE PLAYERS....not OG, not Bryant, not Blackmon. None of those guys have anything to do with anything. I even specified the exact players I was referring to in my original post that you questioned. Why are all you going down some other rabbit hole?

Green. Davis. Morgan. Stick to these 3 fellas. I have faith in you. You can do this.

Those 3, people said were talented and all they needed was a coach. Now those same people are saying we are void of talent. Ironic twist indeed.

lol.....there ya go again. Ok, I'm starting to understand.

NOBODY said all this team needs is "a coach" this year. YOU are saying that. And when you say "all they need"......all they need for WHAT?? NIT? B10 title? What would a coach do with this "talent"? Go 18-16 and finish 11th in the B10?

Crean is a below average coach and is sitting in a broadcast booth with all the other failed college coaches for a reason.

Ironic twist? lol

No no no, I'm not comparing last years entire team to this years. Last year was a much more talented team. I am referring to the young 'talent' we had where everyone said if they just had a coach....

My apologizes. I thought you meant something else. Put me in the camp that our young talent isn't great/elite. I think we have some good young players, but are missing the elite talent.

My apologizes. I thought you meant something else. Put me in the camp that our young talent isn't great/elite. I think we have some good young players, but are missing the elite talent.

For sure. I think Archie is getting everything you can get out of them at this point. I think as the season goes on, they will get more and more fun to watch. Next season will be a better vision of the types of fundamentals CAM is playing. The results obviously aren't guaranteed by any means but patience will be our virtue.

Solid rotational types and role players but we need the Romeo type talent

I agree that it would turn us into a conference contender next season for sure. I said this in another thread but there is a glass half full perception regardless of Romeo coming or not.

If he comes, we will have a good team next year, great. If he doesn't, the younger guys who will be here for awhile longer will get more PT and continue to build this culture from the ground up. That will pay serious dividends in the long run. So I am all for Romeo coming and having fun. I don't think he gets us to the promise land alone which is why I would be just as happy watching the young pups get PT and form the future of this program. Just a thought so we don't have all our emotional chips in the Langford bucket.

But secretly, I'm hoping like h3ll....

Why is it that under Crean, Davis, Green, Morgan and others were looked at as guys that are talented and could succeed under the right coach. But under Archie everyone is saying there is no talent on the roster?
I seen a couple of posts talk about the lack of talent so I guess that makes it everyone.

I watched Purdue and I am not sure anyone on our current roster would start for them. Maybe Johnson at the 2? Both Edwards, Mathis and Haas would start for IU. It's going to be a long year.
They are Seniors. They played together for years and this team is playing freshman and sophomores because our 3 upperclassmen who start just aren’t playing very well-

You think Johnson would start as bad as he’s playing. He looks afraid to shoot the dam ball. He started driving late against SH and looked good doing it. That’s the way he needs to play the entire game and not just when you are down by 15-20 points.

Reactions: cshartle123
You think Johnson would start as bad as he’s playing. He looks afraid to shoot the dam ball. He started driving late against SH and looked good doing it. That’s the way he needs to play the entire game and not just when you are down by 15-20 points.

He probably wouldn’t, but I couldn’t admit that we wouldn’t have one guy starting for Purdue. I agree he looks lost with the ball in his hands.

There are people that say the earth is flat. Quit being a dumbfvck if possible.

You took that too literally. Obviously I am not saying every person on the planet. Be realistic and stop the name calling. If you have something to add to the conversation, please stop posting.

Uh, that’s exactly what you do. So was it Crean or Alford that you pine for?

? Are you not reading this thread? I'm a huge Archie fan, as I have made clear in this thread already. I called for him over the pipe dream of Donovan. lol You my friend, are being quite foolish.

? Are you not reading this thread? I'm a huge Archie fan, as I have made clear in this thread already. I called for him over the pipe dream of Donovan. lol You my friend, are being quite foolish.
I’ve read the thread and, while you’ve made a number of posts, you’ve said very little. Take a break.

you are really stupid I never said I was longing for Billy Lynch I said we haven't come very far since Billy Lynch. With what we pay we deserve someone who wows kids when they walk in the living room. lets see Woodson coaches in the NBA and Steve Alford out recruits Indiana for kids from Indiana, so yes I would like someone from IU to coach IU

Talk about really stupid !
:rolleyes:

You are really stupid if you think everyone thinks there is no talent on this team. Just shows you are another Indiana moron who doesn't know what he's talking about.

So there is talent on this team? This is where you step up like a big boy and state your point.

That’s what we’re asking you to do. So far, you haven’t.

"we'? Pretty sure I've made a very valid point. The same people claiming there was a lot of young talent that just needed coaching is now saying there is no talent. This isn't very hard to keep up with. You can do this, I have faith in you.

Don't forget the diet coke Crean was drinking. It seemed some had a real problem with that.

Some on this board had a problem with everythnig about Coach Crean.
He couldn't get the job done to our satisfaction & needed to go, but some made him out to be a close relative of the devil himself.

"we'? Pretty sure I've made a very valid point. The same people claiming there was a lot of young talent that just needed coaching is now saying there is no talent. This isn't very hard to keep up with. You can do this, I have faith in you.
We have acknowledged that the less than highly talented team from last year, the one that finished toward the bottom of the BiG Ten and got bounced from the NIT, also lost its 3 best players. You’re rambling incoherently, which is why everyone is blasting you. Take a break. It can’t hurt.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Not 1 guy on our team would start for UK, UofL, Purdue, MSU.

We have Penn State caliber talent.
These posters on here always overate our players even though not one of our players could play for Duke or even Arizona exc. And every one on here thinks we have a good recruiting class but only one top 50 player. Even Iowa has a higher rated player then our top recruit. How are we gonna hang with the best if we can't recruit with them? If Archie can land Romeo that would change but until he recruits better I will be concerned. And using the new coach thing is a sorry excuse. Drew is relatively new and has landed better recruits at a worse school.

I liked Crean. Was ready to do better and his time had come to try new. Many hated Crean. To each their own.

So many on here said ‘thank goodness the days of (insert insult) here are gone’
Many said ‘Archie values (insert fundamental) and cant wait to see that!’
etc etc etc

So, on the basketball court in game play, what has been the most immediate impressive upgrade so far from the coaching change?

An individual mistake by a ballplayer is often given specific instruction on the bench. No problem. The same repeated mistake gets a stern comment coming off the court and bench time for motivation. Huge change from previous staff.

Reactions: cryano
We have acknowledged that the less than highly talented team from last year, the one that finished toward the bottom of the BiG Ten and got bounced from the NIT, also lost its 3 best players. You’re rambling incoherently, which is why everyone is blasting you. Take a break. It can’t hurt.

Last years team was Ranked #11 preseason and reached #3 before the loss to Fort Wayne. The 18-16 final record in no way reflects what many of us thought that roster should have been capable of.

IU has the 24th most highly recruited roster according to verbalcommits.com

#1 Kentucky 4.606
#2 Duke 4.013
#3 Kansas 3.986
#4 Arizona 3.949
#5 Mich. St. 3.861
#6 USC 3.821
#7 Louisville 3.778
#8 UCLA 3.75
#9 Villanova 3.727
#10 Texas 3.722
#11 Oregon 3.576
#12 Xavier 3.567
#13 Stanford 3.564
#14 Miss. St 3.561
#15 UNC 3.551
#16 Auburn 3.528
#17 FSU 3.526
#18 Miami 3.514
#19 Texas A&M 3.486
#20 Syracuse 3.483
#21 Alabama 3.462
#22 San Diego St 3.444
#23 Florida 3.423
#24 Indiana 3.41
#25 Maryland 3.364

The main thing is the roster is more talented than this
  • Indiana State had never beaten anybody by more than 20 points on the road as a DI school... and IU was lucky to get it down to just 21 points
  • Howard had it's best Off. Efficiency game vs a major conference opponent in it's last 21 tries
  • The 9 point margin in the Howard game marked their 6th closest result vs a major conference opponent in 47 years
  • Only Fairleigh Dickinson (twice), Columbia and Depaul (twice) have allowed Seton Hall a higher Off. Efficiency in the last 71 games
  • Only NJIT, Monmouth, Rutgers and St. Johns have had a higher Turnover % vs Seton Hall in the last 71 games
  • Only Northern Ill, Bradley, STLU, Eastern Ill and Drake have had a higher Turnover % vs Indiana State in the last 94 games
  • Only Missouri-St.Louis, Alaska Anchorage and Oakland City have allowed ISU a higher Off. Efficiency rating in the last 281 games.
This teams Defense and Turnover issues are approaching legendary heights. Regardless of how anyone wants to measure talent level, IU has far too much talent to continue performing as poorly as it has to start this season.

This kind of thing happens in November sometimes though, so hopefully they will turn it around.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT