ADVERTISEMENT

What have I been saying?

Great how about Smith's senior year. Still flawed.

I was pretty clear abut what makes it flawed. Try and keep up.

Maybe you could find some time in between your blathering nonsense to answer MY questions (see earlier posts in this very thread)...

Or is coward gonna cower...?

Maybe you could find some time in between your blathering nonsense to answer MY questions (see earlier posts in this very thread)...

As long as IU keeps underachieving you get to use the flawed roster excuse, you will never change. NEVER

Where was the flawed roster when we were 12-2???

Where was the flawed roster when we were 12-2???

In the same place you hate so much. Being coached by Archie. But then Phinisee gets knocked out, Davis has an ankle issue, Devonte is suspended. 12 of 13 happens and you completely lose your sh!t.

Or did Archie suddenly forget how to coach to start 2019...?

Things happen. Sometimes beyond your control. You improvise, adapt, overcome...but that's probably all Greek to you, coward.

Last edited:
In the same place you hate so much. Being coached by Archie. But then Phinisee gets knocked out, Davis has an ankle issue, Devonte is suspended. 12 of 13 happens and you completely lose your sh!t.

Things happen. Sometimes beyond your control. You improvise, adapt, overcome...but that's probably all Greek to you, coward.
Maybe other coaches figured us out and Archie didn't adapt, ever think of that

My main squeeze? Again with this...? I acknowledged Archie's underachievement, no? Or did you ignore that with the rest of what I wrote.

Well...last's year's roster wasn't much better than this year's...except for, you know, the Freshmen. So I can see how you would want to deflect. Now you want to argue the nuance between the 8th and 9th seeds in the Big Ten...

Regardless, I still contend Ohio St. had the better roster. Our Seniors were a fringe 100 player (playing out of position), a former walk-on, and a grad transfer Miller had to take a flyer on who didn't adapt well to the Big Ten. Yeah, I can't imagine why the season didn't go better than expected. We have a Junior head case with streaky shooting, and then the aforementioned Sophomores. Depth was an issue all year due to injuries on an already talent-deprived bench.

These aren't excuses. They are the reality of the situation.

Archie wins when he has a better mix of talent, experience, and depth. Like every coach since the beginning of time.

You still haven't answered my question. Where were you when Indiana was 12-2 and 3-0 in the Big Ten?

Here, I'll answer for you. Sitting on your ass with your mouth firmly shut. A little adversity and you start crying with the rest of your ilk like a toddler with a skinned knee.

Yeah, were not going to agree with what "reality" is and I don't have time to continue going back and forth with you. We can pick up this conversation in a couple of years and see who was closer to "reality".

that's not an answer. that's just your emotional baggage.

you have to see what you've got before you move on. Minus UK that one time, what other successful programs don't give a guy at least a few years? i'll hang up and listen.

I thought you were asking why I think Archie isn't the answer. I've stated multiple times that he should get 3 years. I just think he is a dead man walking. I make fun of the "fanboys" who keep saying he needs 4 or 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Sure. Anything you say.

Failing to capitalize a sentence vs. murdering the English language when calling someone stupid is quite the leap. But it's that sort of nuance I wouldn't expect you to pick up on.

So we're supposed to take your illustrious basketball knowledge as the word of God all because you post like an emotional nancy when a second year coach with a garbage roster loses more games than you would like...?

Based on your posting history, you're not in any position to degrade anyone else's basketball knowledge.
You need to start a poll for favorite poster, victorbear or fpeaugh both seem to be popular around here

For the record, I heard from an assistant coach at one of the schools involved about the silent verbal. He’s been all UK for a couple weeks now.

Reactions: IUgradman
For the record, I heard from an assistant coach at one of the schools involved about the silent verbal. He’s been all UK for a couple weeks now.

Lol Fife didn’t tell you jack shit. Brooks had been UK for weeks before you posted anything. What a muppet...

I bring actual credible info to this board regularly and people hate it just because it’s not always sunshine. A coach 100% told me that 2-3 weeks ago. Believe what you want.

I bring actual credible info to this board regularly and people hate it just because it’s not always sunshine. A coach 100% told me that 2-3 weeks ago. Believe what you want.

People hate you, not the info dummy...you really are oblivious.

You bring poison to this board...& IU b-ball.

Was this the same source that 100% assured you that Donovan would replace Crean?
The same resource who told you that he saw Donovan and his wife in Btown looking at real estate?
You lied then and you’re lying now.

Go away.

Does this matter? It's still a loss in yet another barely .500 season. I don't care how much they lose by.

The assertion was that Holtzman was so much better than Archie based on one game. Neither had fantastic seasons.

The assertion was that Holtzman was so much better than Archie based on one game. Neither had fantastic seasons.
1 game???? Holtmann is now 2-0 at making the tournament while Archie is 0-2. Holtmann has finished higher in the Big Ten both years. Holtmann is 4-0 vs Archie head to head. And he’s recruiting better.

So we can drop the “one game” nonsense.

I'm calling BS … every major program always deals with key injuries, but yet, most don't almost f'n lose out. There is a major inconsistency problem with this team's play and that starts at the top.

Reactions: Kyser123
I'm calling BS … every major program always deals with key injuries, but yet, most don't almost f'n lose out. There is a major inconsistency problem with this team's play and that starts at the top.
They were perfectly healthy for big ten tourney and played exactly like they did during losing streak, take away some ridiculous shots by Green

1 game???? Holtmann is now 2-0 at making the tournament while Archie is 0-2. Holtmann has finished higher in the Big Ten both years. Holtmann is 4-0 vs Archie head to head. And he’s recruiting better.

So we can drop the “one game” nonsense.

Holtmann also has 3 more years at a major conference where he was successful, as well. Anyone living in reality recognizes Holtmann is better coach if you base your statements and opinions on facts. They are set up to go on a nice run.

If Archie can coach, the Big Ten, should be loaded the next 5 years. PU, OSU, MSU, and Michigan all look like they will be at least top 20 programs for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Holtmann also has 3 more years at a major conference where he was successful, as well. Anyone living in reality recognizes Holtmann is better coach if you base your statements and opinions on facts. They are set up to go on a nice run.

If Archie can coach, the Big Ten, should be loaded the next 5 years. PU, OSU, MSU, and Michigan all look like they will be at least top 20 programs for the foreseeable future.
Correct Holtmann coached and recruited in Big East; Archie was at the kiddie table known as Atlantic 10

People hate you, not the info dummy...you really are oblivious.
Umm, this guy did tell us Crean was getting fired (which way a joyous day for me) and tell us Archie was the hire (not a joyous day in hindsight, though it didn't think it would be Crean 2.0). I'm not aligned with him in opinion, but he did know some stuff we didn't

Oh great...another little parasite adding to the discussion. That's just what this place needed.

Sure. This particular board is about as worthwhile as tits on a boar, so not a big loss. It's infested with trolls and hormonal little girls.

You cannot stay away from this board or honor the bet we made.

Welcome to the “hormonal little girl and troll” club!

Hahaha......let me get this straight.....two premie guys have a bet and loser leaves the free board? ......and loser of bet still posting? Hilarious stuff.

Yes - the bet in late January was:

Me - IU doesn’t make the NCAA tournament.

twenty02 - IU was guaranteed to make NCAA tourney.

Loser would stop posting here as soon as the bracket was declared.

Either could Knight, Sampson or Crean. Mike Davis is the only IU coach to have any kind success in the BTT. In 2001 they lost a close one to Iowa for the title. That’s the only time IU has played for the BTT title. I blame Knight for not caring about it and essentially blowing it off. That set the trend we’ve now had for over 20 years.
RMK hated the tournament, but I'd like to think we're way past any "influence" he had over IU's crap performance in it every year except for '01.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT