ADVERTISEMENT

What have I been saying?

Why are people acting surprised? Have they not been listening to what I’ve been teaching the last few months?

Where are those people who thought Archie is better than Holtmann? Will they admit it now?

Congrats on the loss and you must be so relieved that iu won't make the tournament. You can claim some victory in your head.

Any group of fans that includes you will have a lower IQ.

Thankfully, we have knuckle-dragging fanboys like yourself that make me look good.

I bet you can't wait until, next season. Maybe we will sneak in the tourney as a 12 seed? Wouldn't that be great! You can come on here and tell me how smart you are. I can see it now, you high-fiving your buddies, as you celebrate our first NCAA tourney bid in 4 years.

It looks like you got the university's message. At no point should you doubt the process. Just bury your head in the sand and keep cheering. Also, great job coming on here and telling the meanies they are dumb. Fred would be proud.

Thankfully, we have knuckle-dragging fanboys like yourself that make me look good.

I bet you can't wait until, next season. Maybe we will sneak in the tourney as a 12 seed? Wouldn't that be great! You can come on here and tell me how smart you are. I can see it now, you high-fiving your buddies, as you celebrate our first NCAA tourney bid in 4 years.

It looks like you got the university's message. At no point should you doubt the process. Just bury your head in the sand and keep cheering. Also, great job coming on here and telling the meanies they are dumb. Fred would be proud.
LOL! You really aren't very smart.

Why are people acting surprised? Have they not been listening to what I’ve been teaching the last few months?

Where are those people who thought Archie is better than Holtmann? Will they admit it now?
Teaching....omg I have not laughed that loud in a good while. Thanks dude, that sure was funny.

Reactions: twenty02
Remember this...?

No need to wait until next year.

I type most of my messages on my phone. Thanks for continuing to be a pedantic nerd. Don't you need to get back to being a douche and trolling victorbear? How about you tell him to hang himself, today, since he didn't take your advice yesterday on shooting himself ?

I type most of my messages on my phone. Thanks for continuing to be a pedantic nerd. Don't you need to get back to being a douche and trolling victorbear? How about you tell him to hang himself, today, since he didn't take your advice yesterday on shooting himself ?

So typing on your phone precludes you from using proper grammar in a post where you have the audacity to call someone else stupid? Do I have that right...?
It's not all that surprising you don't see the irony there.
Thanks for continuing to live the stereotype.

There's noting douche about calling out one of the lowest forms of sub-human trash on this site.

Whatever works.

Reactions: HoosiersChamps
So typing on your phone precludes you from using proper grammar in a post where you have the audacity to call someone else stupid? Do I have that right...?
It's not all that surprising you don't see the irony there.
Thanks for continuing to live the stereotype.

There's noting douche about calling out one of the lowest forms of sub-human trash on this site.

Whatever works.

My point was I have big hands and it's a pain in the a#s to type and edit on my phone. I also have three small children and tend to post in between chasing them around and don't proofread all my posts.

And, let's be honest, you don't give a sh#t if I miss spell a word or use the incorrect form. You like plenty of posts where people call other posters stupid or ignorant, when they don't even start sentences with capital letters. You're just being pedantic because I have a different opinion than you on Archie.

I will concede though you would most likely beat me in a spelling bee contest or a writing contest (unless you have to use the word nothing or were you just noting you were a douche?). However, anything basketball related, you don't know your head from your a@#.

Last edited:
My point was I have big hands and it's a pain in the a#s to type and edit on my phone. I also have three small children and tend to post in between chasing them around and don't proofread all my posts.

And, let's be honest, you don't give a sh#t if I miss spell a word or use the incorrect form. You like plenty of posts where people call other posters stupid or ignorant, when they don't even start sentences with capital letters. You're just being pedantic because I have a different opinion than you on Archie.

I will concede though you would most likely beat me in a spelling bee contest or a writing contest. However, anything basketball related, you don't know your head from your a@#.

For a big-handed, child-chasing, phone-posting, non-proofreading guy, this is a very clean bit of text.

Congrats! :D

However, anything basketball related, you don't know your head from your a@#.

Sure. Anything you say.

Failing to capitalize a sentence vs. murdering the English language when calling someone stupid is quite the leap. But it's that sort of nuance I wouldn't expect you to pick up on.

So we're supposed to take your illustrious basketball knowledge as the word of God all because you post like an emotional nancy when a second year coach with a garbage roster loses more games than you would like...?

Based on your posting history, you're not in any position to degrade anyone else's basketball knowledge.

For a big-handed, child-chasing, phone-posting, non-proofreading guy, this is a very clean bit of text.

Congrats! :D

I'm actually on a computer. Thanks for the encouraging words. Next time can I get meme with a thumbs up celebrating my accomplishments? You make a lot of valuable contributions to the board. I love looking at your pictures.

Last edited:

well, it look lots of great coaches a few years to get it going, so there's that. sorry you thought IU was immune to what maybe half the elite programs had to go through...

Sure. Anything you say.

Failing to capitalize a sentence vs. murdering the English language when calling someone stupid is quite the leap. But it's that sort of nuance I wouldn't expect you to pick up on.

So we're supposed to take your illustrious basketball knowledge as the word of God all because you post like an emotional nancy when a second year coach with a garbage roster loses more games than you would like...?

Based on your posting history, you're not in any position to degrade anyone else's basketball knowledge.

This actually illustrates perfectly how little you do know. A perfect summation of you fanboys. You quickly dismiss the players, shift responsibility to them, and start attacking a straw man argument(I would also argue this is the emotional nancy mindset). I adjusted my expectations for our "garbage roster" as did almost everyone, on the site, and Archie still underachieved.

Also, Holtmann had a "garbage roster" and was able to beat us twice and make the tourney. Painter had a "garbage roster" and was able to win the Big Ten with it. The difference is they are better coaches than Archie.

I'll lead with two predictions. Feel free to educate me and inform me where I am wrong. Archie isn't a good coach and will end up getting fired at IU. Chris Holtmann is a good coach and will have a much better run at OSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: fpeaugh
This actually illustrates perfectly how little you do know. A perfect summation of you fanboys. You quickly dismiss the players, shift responsibility to them, and start attacking a straw man argument(I would also argue this is the more emotional nancy mindset). I adjusted my expectations for our "garbage roster" as did almost everyone, on the site, and Archie still underachieved.

Also, Holtmann had a "garbage roster" and was able to beat us twice and make the tourney. Painter had a "garbage roster" and was able to win the Big Ten with it. The difference is they are better coaches than Archie.

I'll lead with two predictions. Feel free to educate me and inform me where I am wrong. Archie isn't a good coach and will end up getting fired at IU. Chris Holtmann is a good coach and will have a much better run at OSU.
Archies roster was hardly garbage it was better than Ohio States and Frankly better than Purdue's...............Coaching sucks

This actually illustrates perfectly how little you do know. A perfect summation of you fanboys. You quickly dismiss the players, shift responsibility to them, and start attacking a straw man argument(I would also argue this is the more emotional nancy mindset). I adjusted my expectations for our "garbage roster" as did almost everyone, on the site, and Archie still underachieved.

What makes you think I'm a fanboy? Because I don't post like a menstruating gash such as yourself and the previously mentioned trash...?

Shift responsibility? Show me where I've done that. I've simply acknowledged that this roster, despite your best efforts to claim otherwise, is savagely flawed.

I'm glad you brought up Holtmann and Painter.

Holtmann's roster was hardly garbage and was built by Thad Matta. Who had been there well over a decade with sustained success and stepped down due to health issues, not performance. Not a bad guy to have to follow, eh? Painter has no one to blame but himself for his own. But he made the best of it and his roster has been coached in his system for it's entirety so his results aren't all that unexpected.

Who is responsible for the majority of Indiana's roster again? Is it the coach who was fired for (among other things) an inability to build and sustain a competent roster...? Oh, of course it is. But never mind any of that, right? You may recall that when Archie arrived on campus, Grant Gelon and Tim Priller were still on the team. Was Archie really supposed to overcome all of that in two seasons...?

There is no question that Archie underachieved this season. Injuries, coupled with a glaring chemistry issue can do that. A roster, so devoid of talent or depth, that Al Durham was a starter all year certainly didn't help things.

The difference between you and I, is that I seem to be able to recognize this instead of constantly bemoaning on and wanting to fire the coach over it.

I wonder, where were you at the end of 2018 when Indiana was sitting at 12-2 and started 3-0 in the Big Ten...?

Right, your mouth was shut, along with the rest of the vermin who now infest this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: minneman
Archies roster was hardly garbage it was better than Ohio States and Frankly better than Purdue's...............Coaching sucks

Why don't you break it down for us then? How were those rosters worse?

Saying that over and over again doesn't make it true.

What makes you think I'm a fanboy? Because I don't post like a menstruating gash such as yourself and the previously mentioned trash...?

Shift responsibility? Show me where I've done that. I've simply acknowledged that this roster, despite your best efforts to claim otherwise is savagely flawed.

Holtmann's roster was hardly garbage and was built by Thad Matta. Who had been there well over a decade with sustained success and stepped down due to health issues, not performance. Not a bad guy to have to follow, eh? Painter has no one to blame but himself for his own. But he made the best of it and his roster has been coached in his system for it's entirety so his results aren't all that unexpected.

Who is responsible for the majority of Indiana's roster again? Is it the coach who was fired for (among other things) an inability to build and sustain a competent roster...? Oh, of course it is. But never mind any of that, right? You may recall that when Archie arrived on campus, Grant Gelon and Tim Priller were still on the team. Was Archie really supposed to overcome all of that in two seasons...?

There is no question that Archie underachieved this season. Injuries, coupled with a glaring chemistry issue can do that. A roster, so devoid of talent or depth, that Al Durham was a starter all year certainly didn't help things.

The difference between you and I, is that I seem to be able to recognize this instead of constantly bemoaning on and wanting to fire the coach over it.

I wonder, where were you at the end of 2018 when Indiana was sitting at 12-2 and started 3-0 in the Big Ten...?

Right, your mouth was shut, along with the rest of the vermin who now infest this board.
You don't have a garbage roster and beat Michigan State twice!!!!!! Idiot

Shift responsibility? Show me where I've done that. I've simply acknowledged that this roster, despite your best efforts to claim otherwise, is savagely flawed.

Nope, instead you get on here and whine because people were mean to your main squeeze, Archie, and then complain about the "garbage players" (that's also where you shifted responsibility) instead. You also mix in a nice laundry list of excuses for why Archie isn't at fault. That's why you're a fanboy. It's the exact same sh#t people said about Crean.

You're clueless if you think IU's roster was "garbage" and Holtmann's roster was "hardly garbage"(By the way I never brought up last year's teams). It's one of the dumber things I have read on here.

You still failed to answer my question. When does Archie start winning?

No, you're not paying attention. (as usual)

If Al Durham and Justin Smith weren't starting for Indiana I'd be happy.

Still waiting...

Andre Wesson and Keyshawn Woods started for OSU. They are also not very good. Feel free to continue down the roster.

Nope, instead you get on here and whine because people were mean to your main squeeze, Archie, and then complain about the "garbage players" (that's also where you shifted responsibility) instead. You also mix in a nice laundry list of excuses for why Archie isn't at fault. That's why you're a fanboy. It's the exact same sh#t people said about Crean.

You're clueless if you think IU's roster was "garbage" and Holtmann's roster was "hardly garbage"(By the way I never brought up last year's teams). It's one of the dumber things I have read on here.

not sure why you guys think the board is so high on Archie. lol. it's just that after 120 years of college basketball to pull from, most of us are aware of the success curve at play when a new guy takes a job.

why don't you know this? please don't fail to answer this question. thanks!

not sure why you guys think the board is so high on Archie. lol. it's just that after 120 years of college basketball to pull from, most of us are aware of the success curve at play when a new guy takes a job.

why don't you know this? please don't fail to answer this question. thanks!

It's because you don't understand probability. That's your answer.

It's because you don't understand probability. That's your answer.

that's not an answer. that's just your emotional baggage.

you have to see what you've got before you move on. Minus UK that one time, what other successful programs don't give a guy at least a few years? i'll hang up and listen.

My main squeeze? Again with this...? I acknowledged Archie's underachievement, no? Or did you ignore that with the rest of what I wrote.

Well...last's year's roster wasn't much better than this year's...except for, you know, the Freshmen. So I can see how you would want to deflect. Now you want to argue the nuance between the 8th and 9th seeds in the Big Ten...

Regardless, I still contend Ohio St. had the better roster. Our Seniors were a fringe 100 player (playing out of position), a former walk-on, and a grad transfer Miller had to take a flyer on who didn't adapt well to the Big Ten. Yeah, I can't imagine why the season didn't go better than expected. We have a Junior head case with streaky shooting, and then the aforementioned Sophomores. Depth was an issue all year due to injuries on an already talent-deprived bench.

These aren't excuses. They are the reality of the situation.

Archie wins when he has a better mix of talent, experience, and depth. Like every coach since the beginning of time.

You still haven't answered my question. Where were you when Indiana was 12-2 and 3-0 in the Big Ten?

Here, I'll answer for you. Sitting on your ass with your mouth firmly shut. A little adversity and you start crying with the rest of your ilk like a toddler with a skinned knee.

Last edited:
My main squeeze? Again with this...? I acknowledged Archie's underachievement, no? Or did you ignore than with the rest of what I wrote.

Well...last's year's roster wasn't much better than this year's...except for, you know, the Freshmen. So I can see how you would want to deflect. Now you want to argue the nuance between the 8th and 9th seeds in the Big Ten...

Regardless, I still contend Ohio St. had the better roster. Our Seniors were a fringe 100 player (playing out of position), a former walk-on, and a grad transfer Miller had to take a flyer on who didn't adapt well to the Big Ten. Yeah, I can't imagine why the season didn't go better than expected. We have a Junior head case with streaky shooting, and then the aforementioned Sophomores. Depth was an issue all year due to injuries on an already talent-deprived bench.

These aren't excuses. They are the reality of the situation.

Archie wins when he has a better mix of talent, experience, and depth. Like every coach since the beginning of time.

You still haven't answered my question. Where were you when Indiana was 12-2 and 3-0 in the Big Ten?

Here, I'll answer for you. Sitting on your ass with your mouth firmly shut. A little adversity and you start crying with the rest of your ilk like a toddler with a skinned knee.
Do you expect the roster to be better next year or do you get to use this lame excuse again??

Do you expect the roster to be better next year or do you get to use this lame excuse again??

What makes it a lame excuse? Are you so blinded by hate that you can't see its deficiencies? Though I was pretty clear about them.

Oops...never mind. Almost forgot who I was responding to. Expecting you to understand is asking a lot, I know.

The roster next year will still be flawed if Durham and Smith are still starting.

What makes it a lame excuse? Are you so blinded by hate that you can't see its deficiencies? Though I was pretty clear about them.

Oops...never mind. Almost forgot who I was responding to. Expecting you to understand is asking a lot, I know.

The roster next year will still be flawed if Durham and Smith are still starting.
Great how about Smith's senior year. Still flawed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT