ADVERTISEMENT

What are your Memorial Day (weekend) plans?

rickyIU

All-American
Nov 14, 2001
Fort Wayne, Indiana
What are you doing? Where are you going? What are you putting on the grill? Any traditions?

I need reading material so the end of the work week comes faster. Let's hear 'em.

826628228887d880f5bb526e7f641d28.jpg

581c683919d98910b9ce39f13dd545db.jpg

usa-bikini_girls_14.jpg

Glad you asked as I was going to start this thread...

Leaving for our lake house at Cordry Lake in Brown County about 3:30 today. Will order a buffalo chicken pizza from Eddie's Lakeview Pizza this evening, have a fire in the firepit and enjoy some CL Smooths aka Colorado Kool-aids. I will probabaly also take a night boat cruise.

Tomorrow, getting up early and taking the fiance over to either the Bloomington or Franklin farmers market then back to the house for some fishing, boating and relaxing. Paps will grill steaks tomorrow evening along with fresh corn on the cob.

Sunday I will sleep in a bit, take the dog on a walk and then float on a raft and listen to the race while trying to consume an entire case of Smooths.

Monday, head home and do some chit around the house that needs to get done. And I just realized I am starting to sound like an old man at 32.

What are you doing? Where are you going? What are you putting on the grill? Any traditions?

I need reading material so the end of the work week comes faster. Let's hear 'em.

#2... Good lawdy

Headed to Btown for the moms 60th bday party. Family in from all over including brother from Seattle. Heading to Chicago Sunday to catch a flight to Scotland Monday.
Playing St. Andrews Wednesday, heading to Loch Ness and Inverness on Friday. Isle of Sky? On Saturday then Dublin Monday and Tuesday before flying back on the 3rd. Golf outing in Plymouth on the 4th and recovery that following weekend.

I got a lot of stuff to do between now and 2 weeks from now.

Reactions: Foosier

826628228887d880f5bb526e7f641d28.jpg

usa-bikini_girls_14.jpg
I endorse this patriotic post.
I'll be in Toledo on Sunday for a Memorial Day reunion with old work buds. Then back home for the family barbecue on Monday. It appears to be still up in the air on which of those two days I'll be watching the race.

Going for part of weekend to stay with friends at their mountain cabin near Lost River, WV. Never been before, but I hear it's beautiful up there (and apparently very mo-friendly). I'm sure my pooch will love all the wide open space and have a blast running all over the place. I can use some fresh air myself. Memorial Day--going to neighbor's pool party cookout. Hopefully a couple of the hot dads in the hood will be there in nice, tight swim trunks!

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

31891e2d5e5f63cf0ad0e7b2e78931bd.jpg

I'll be going to Chicago on Sunday and Monday with the girlfriend. She's never been to the Windy City and she wanted to make this be the weekend.....I sure it'll be chaotic.

Translation: She wants to go to IKEA, my least favorite place on the planet.

God bless America (and you for these pics) and damn you Cap! Whole weekend is F'd because of my 11 year old daughters dance recital. She's got practice all day Saturday and the recital is on Sunday. What kind of a moron sets that chit up!?!?

Going to the race on Sunday and hosting Memorial Day cookout on Monday. Do it every year.

Since there are so many people, we keep it simple with burgers and dogs.

Oceanaire for dinner tonight. Tomorrow have the Sam Schmidt Gala up at the Forrest Lucas Estate (formerly Hilberts place). Race on Sunday with about 20 people, followed by cookout back at our place, and another cookout Monday. Memorial weekend is among my favorites.

Golfing tomorrow morning, then not much of anything.

Sunday, Anniversary dinner with the wife (Anniversary is Monday) while the in-laws keep the kids

Monday, cook out at the In-laws....(which happens to be right next door, so don't have to go far from home....)

Should be a low key, beer weekend. If I can fix my electrical issues with the garage this weekend, I will be trying to open the pool at some point

Went to the graveyards today. Drinkin and blazin tonight. Gardening tomorrow. Cooking a beef tenderloin for family Sunday. Monday.....chillin.

McHoop

Lake place in Michigan that I've gone to with extended family ever since I was little. Cook outs, boat rides, lots of drinking, Cards Against Humanity, Heads Up, and laughing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT